PDA

View Full Version : Sedo Parking

Rubber Duck
20th September 2005, 12:00 PM
As your all probably aware you can park Japanese, Chinese and Korean IDN at www.sedo.cn.

Problem we have all been encountering is Keywords. Most seem to get rejected.

I think the answer is that the interface won't accept any keywords for which there is no Adword subscription.

To find out which keywords are valid, go to www.google.jp or www. google.cn and try search terms until you see Adwords posting at side of main listing. You then have a valid term.

Japanese terms seems to be accepted for all Chinese and Japanese domains, but specific Simplified Chinese characters are not accepted by Japanese.

Japanese Google seems to be much better populated than it counterparts with Ads at the moment, and as much Kangi is common to all these languages, I would suggest that is best place to start.

With English Keywords you are often blocked if the relevence is poor. This seems to be less of an issue on www.sedo.cn and once you get a yellow, it is highly likely that your keyword will be accepted, as I don't think the scrutineers have any idea what they are looking at the moment. Seem to be mainly German and French from what I can see.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Rubber Duck
21st September 2005, 01:53 PM
Further to previous, we have succeeded in pointing domains at advertising in Japanese.

Well, it is a start. We need more traffic and we need more Adwords to go at, but I am hopeful that we will see at least some increase in the rate of conversion to revenue as a consequence of adverts in the correct linguistic context.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

gammascalper
28th September 2005, 06:06 PM
1st step for Sedo is to parse the title of an IDN domain correctly on their parking pages.

When they encounter a domain with the xn-- IDN prefix, they should display it correctly as the title. Not difficult to do -- in fact, simple to do.

Rubber Duck
28th September 2005, 07:47 PM
Thanks, but I must be a little dense. Could you please elaborate.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

gammascalper
30th September 2005, 06:53 PM

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Sure -- For instance, when you go to this sedo parking page:

小游戏.net

The domain name's title is shown as gibberish instead of 小游戏. They're not parsing the punycode into the correct character set.

Here's a thought:
I think there are enough of us now to start an asian IDN-centric parking site...

gammascalper
22nd October 2005, 09:04 PM
Sedo has acknowledged that china blocks their parking name servers.

http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=112148&highlight=sedo+china

This is why we aren't getting any traffic. It doesn't get through.

Rubber Duck
26th October 2005, 07:00 PM
Sedo has acknowledged that china blocks their parking name servers.

http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=112148&highlight=sedo+china

This is why we aren't getting any traffic. It doesn't get through.

Might be a plausible explanation for China, but not Japan!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Actually, that might not be true either, if the Japanese Traffic is being routed through a dot CN website! Perhaps Sedo is the WEAKEST LINK!!!!

gari
31st December 2005, 05:53 PM

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Sure -- For instance, when you go to this sedo parking page:

小游戏.net

The domain name's title is shown as gibberish instead of 小游戏. They're not parsing the punycode into the correct character set.

Here's a thought:
I think there are enough of us now to start an asian IDN-centric parking site...

Hi to everyone,
just to let you i have been on to Sedo, and there techie's are on it, and hopefully in the new year they will be able to display native charatcher words. The point i think Gammascalper was trying to make (correct me if i am wrong) it's just more aesthetically pleasing to techie / non techie users, to see native charatcher words than punnycode which some users don't understand.

Happy new year to you all,

Gari

o3e
22nd January 2007, 09:23 PM
Thank you, Gari

Will just wait…

Fka200
22nd January 2007, 11:22 PM
Thank you, Gari

Will just wait…

This post is from 2005.... it has already been implemented.