PDA

View Full Version : NameDrive does it!

sarcle
20th January 2006, 07:24 PM
Has anyone look at one of there parked pages at namedrive today?

It looks like they have resolve the punycode issue.

www.xn--h1aehadr.com (http://www.xn--h1aehadr.com)

WAY TO GO! Namedrive, for being a leader in this field. You have really stepped up and are playing hardball.

Just one question, how long until we see advertising in the native language according to our keywords?

Thanks again, you guys rock.

sarcle
20th January 2006, 07:28 PM
When visiting this example, please don't click on anything, thank you.

idnowner
20th January 2006, 07:31 PM
When visiting this example, please don't click on anything, thank you.

I'd like to see at least one example in Japanese!

sarcle
20th January 2006, 07:36 PM
I'd like to see at least one example in Japanese!

Here you are

www.xn--q6v940c.jp (http://www.xn--q6v940c.jp)

This is a big step forward in the right direction.

DavyBUK
20th January 2006, 07:38 PM
Yup, seems to be working in Japanese too...Just checked a couple of mine...

David

idnowner
20th January 2006, 07:49 PM
Here you are

That's great to see! Know of a Japanese ".com" example too?

Rubber Duck
20th January 2006, 08:07 PM
That's great to see! Know of a Japanese ".com" example too?

Yes, it is about time SEDO has some competition in this market place.

Best Regards
Dave

sarcle
20th January 2006, 08:11 PM
Yes, it is about time SEDO has some competition in this market place.

Best Regards
Dave

Competition, sedo has pretty much outright denied the exsistence of asian domains.

Rubber Duck
20th January 2006, 08:21 PM
Competition, sedo has pretty much outright denied the exsistence of asian domains.

Actually, it is much worse than that. I have been trying to Escrow a Chinese sale through Sedo, which they are keen to handle. Unfortunately, the domain in question has characters that aren't in their database, and the rest of most of the other characters won't be uploaded to February. Apparently, there is no work around as they cannot work around the requirement of their system to identify the Chinese characters. That left them agreeing when I explained to them their system designer was an idiot!

This is particularly annoying for me I agreed to the sale on the basis of publicity I would get if they handled it. Frankly, I am not impressed, but they did seem a bit shocked when I adviced them that they would soon have competition.

Best Regards
Dave

sarcle
20th January 2006, 08:27 PM
Typical, from sedo. I have directly asked sedo about this and the statement I recieved "I will answer where I can" And then has totally ignored me. Sorry sedo not good enough.

Yes, more excuses much like MS, If afternic can do it, namedrive can do it, then Sedo can as well! I mean we are talking about the same code that they are implementing, UNICODE. It's not a big mystery to one company and then done in a week with the other. BULLSH*T. And these companies such as Sedo, and MS need to be told it.

You should do them a favor and have the deal done on Afternic, even if for the $9 fee, it would be worth it.

Actually, it is much worse than that. I have been trying to Escrow a Chinese sale through Sedo, which they are keen to handle. Unfortunately, the domain in question has characters that aren't in their database, and the rest of most of the other characters won't be uploaded to February. Apparently, there is no work around as they cannot work around the requirement of their system to identify the Chinese characters. That left them agreeing when I explained to them their system designer was an idiot!

This is particularly annoying for me I agreed to the sale on the basis of publicity I would get if they handled it. Frankly, I am not impressed, but they did seem a bit shocked when I adviced them that they would soon have competition.

Best Regards
Dave

Rubber Duck
20th January 2006, 08:31 PM
Typical, from sedo. I have directly asked sedo about this and the statement I recieved "I will answer where I can" And then has totally ignored me. Sorry sedo not good enough.

Yes, more excuses much like MS, If afternic can do it, namedrive can do it, then Sedo can as well! I mean we are talking about the same code that they are implementing, UNICODE. It's not a big mystery to one company and then done in a week with the other. BULLSH*T. And these companies such as Sedo, and MS need to be told it.

You should do them a favor and have the deal done on Afternic, even if for the $9 fee, it would be worth it.

Yes, that is embarassing, I never thought of Afternic for Escrow although I am already a member.

No, it is not Bullshit. It is just a plan admission that their system architecture sucks!

Dave

sarcle
20th January 2006, 08:36 PM
Yes, that is embarassing, I never thought of Afternic for Escrow although I am already a member.

No, it is not Bullshit. It is just a plan admission that their system architecture sucks!

Dave

Yes, can you imagine if Afternic got the first major Asian Idn sale? While sedo is still fumbling with it. Great pr for afternic and idn at the same time.

gammascalper
20th January 2006, 08:40 PM
Next Major Step:

Use the native characters in title as keyword for their ads.

I believe their google account should accept a variable for keywords.

sarcle
20th January 2006, 09:27 PM
Looks like the story made the news....

www.domainingblog.com (http://www.domainingblog.com)

Rubber Duck
20th January 2006, 09:27 PM
Next Major Step:

Use the native characters in title as keyword for their ads.

I believe their google account should accept a variable for keywords.

Well it does with SEDO and it can't be their genius that has worked that one out! Might actually work already for Japanese, has anyone tried it with the right Kewords. You might try some of the following:

翻訳
ショッピング

新潟

飞行

Ok! They may not all be wonderful keywords, but they are know to be accepted at SEDO and therefore Google. So if they are not accepted at Namedrive we know it is the Namedrive System rather than Google.

Best Regards
Dave

sarcle
20th January 2006, 09:31 PM
Don't know for sure dave, I got to take a stand somewhere.

And their direct non-action on these has kept me now, and will keep me in the future from doing buisness with them. And yes it maybe something the need to just work out, but they have been jellyfish about this by not announcing anything, for fear of the legacy backlash. And for this, I can not respect them.

At least MS no matter how incompetent with their browser has at least admitted their direct involvement with idns. I announced a german idn sale last week and a few hours later it was removed from the homepage. Pathetic.

Well it does with SEDO and it can't be their genius that has worked that one out! Might actually work already for Japanese, has anyone tried it with the right Kewords. You might try some of the following:

翻訳
ショッピング

新潟

飞行

Ok! They may not all be wonderful keywords, but they are know to be accepted at SEDO and therefore Google. So if they are not accepted at Namedrive we know it is the Namedrive System rather than Google.

Best Regards
Dave

bramiozo
20th January 2006, 11:40 PM
The implementation of native ads is the second step. Implementing a puny decoder for the headers doesn't require any database alterations because the puny code is just read from the database but if you want to apply native languages for the ads you need language specific keywords and such to be stored in the db, this requires an alteration of the database allocation encoding,
it's a bit more work but I don't think there will be any difficulties, there shouldn't be because all the prime technology is with adwords itself.

In any case, thumbs up for namedrive !

By the way, namedrive could also actively support IDN's by blocking mixed character names.

NameDrive
25th January 2006, 09:35 AM
Hi there everyone,

Sorry I've been so silent on this. I've been fumbling with my login for the last week and can't get my head round how to find a forgotten password. Sorry for the double account, admin, but I had to get a PM out to Bramiozo today!

We're delighted that everyone's satisfied so far, but this really is the first step. As pointed out by Bramiozo, chanigng the database is a much trickier, riskier step and requires more time and attention, thogh tech tell me that it's not far off and I believe this includes IDN keyword implementation as well.

For now, the pages look good and you can enter your domains in Puny and Uni code into the ND system, just a little perk really :)

We will continue to try to move implementation forwards for you guys. Thanks for all your support and thanks to Edwin for pointing me in this direction.

Ed

glow
25th January 2006, 10:06 AM
Great! Easy moves and getting top on the idn parking market

Rubber Duck
25th January 2006, 10:15 AM
Great! Easy moves and getting top on the idn parking market

Yes, things are really starting to move. After reading the latest on Google, I started to bang some of mine into the www.Google.cn interface. Most of the Google Scores have shot up by about 5 to 10 times, which suggest to me that PRC had not previously been properly indexed. Searches typically rose from around 10M to 50-100M

What was most noticeable was a very substantial increase in the number ADWORDS for Chinese Keywords. I was getting this without doing any stealthy moves using Proxy Servers. Google are obviously starting to have some success in rolling out Google Adwords, which suggests it is only a matter of time before we start making some real money.

Dave

donwebcorleone
29th January 2006, 06:42 AM
Here you are

i see this information/ad in english, even when im in tokyo, shouldnt it be everything in japanese? http://www.職業.jp/

xtremest
29th January 2006, 07:16 AM
So, you enter keywords in NameDrive account in chinese? And it works?

gari
29th January 2006, 08:06 AM
Here is a Japanese domain at namedrive

xn--cckb3gya7ita2e.com

Please don't click on anything.

Regards

Gari

hanidn
7th February 2006, 05:13 AM
The implementation of native ads is the second step. Implementing a puny decoder for the headers doesn't require any database alterations because the puny code is just read from the database but if you want to apply native languages for the ads you need language specific keywords and such to be stored in the db, this requires an alteration of the database allocation encoding,
it's a bit more work but I don't think there will be any difficulties, there shouldn't be because all the prime technology is with adwords itself.

I know one IDN parking page powered by enom.com that shows native directories/information/ads in full Korean.
But, the IDN shows in punycode... The IDN meaning is "koreandomain".

http://www.한글도메인.com/ http://www.xn--bj0bj3i97fq8o5lq.com/

please don’t click through for the IDN owner.

touchring
7th February 2006, 05:30 AM
Here is a Japanese domain at namedrive

xn--cckb3gya7ita2e.com

Please don't click on anything.

Regards

Gari

I'm getting this: This IP has been banned

Jackal
7th February 2006, 07:18 PM
What is the ETA for fully internationalized landing pages?

gammascalper
7th February 2006, 07:45 PM
I know one IDN parking page powered by enom.com that shows native directories/information/ads in full Korean.
But, the IDN shows in punycode... The IDN meaning is "koreandomain".

http://www.한글도메인.com/ http://www.xn--bj0bj3i97fq8o5lq.com/

please don’t click through for the IDN owner.

Works for me, but ads are in English.

I need a Korean proxy to see the ads in Korean.

In any case, good to know. This should be happening with Japanese ads too. Can Olney or Edwin confirm from their perch?