PDA

View Full Version : Ha Ha

idn
13th July 2006, 06:18 PM
I figured that was the most appropriate title:

http://about.museum/idn/

thefabfive
13th July 2006, 07:38 PM
I anticipate a zune-like buying frenzy for IDN.museum.

Hee, hee

jose
13th July 2006, 07:50 PM
I don't:

1. "Museum" is an English word: idn.museum doesn't make much sense IMHO.
2. Very limited terms and... cities?! Aren't those reserved?
2. You must be in the museum business to have a museum id. (I know, I know, people will fake it...)
3. People have invested a lot already. No cash left.

idn
13th July 2006, 07:52 PM
I don't:

1. "Museum" is an English word: idn.museum doesn't make much sense IMHO.
2. Very limited terms and... cities?! Aren't those reserved?
2. You must be in the museum business to have a museum id. (I know, I know, people will fake it...)
3. People have invested a lot already. No cash left.

I think Fab was being sarcastic

Giant
13th July 2006, 08:06 PM
I think Fab was being sarcastic

I think he was.

Good, I think this is an important message: Even .museaum tries to cash in on IDN, we can imagine how successful IDN will become. Ho ho ho.

thefabfive
13th July 2006, 08:06 PM
I must have forgotten to add the tag to my previous post.

jose
13th July 2006, 08:33 PM
:mad: ok.

Off topic: have you noticed people are buying a lot less now? Maybe it's the oil price or Israel...

Giant
13th July 2006, 09:09 PM
:mad: ok.

Off topic: have you noticed people are buying a lot less now? Maybe it's the oil price or Israel...

Not that people are buying a lot less, you should say a lot less of good domains are being offered for sale, everybody wants more money for their gems for selling them after IE7 is here -- it's just a few more months.

thefabfive
13th July 2006, 09:14 PM
I think there are many reasons for this -

1. Many new members are "flippers". They buy IDNs just turn a quick profit. Nothing wrong with that. But the percentage of buyers here is now much smaller.

2. People would rather free reg decent generics in less popular languages than spend 4x reg fee for third tier terms. Or they can't justify spending 4x reg fee for third tier terms.

3. Many IDNers with establish portfolios would rather sit on what they have and see what happens. They've already spent quite a bit of money and are comfortable in their positions.

When traffic materializes I think we'll see a lot less for sale as people start to reg anything with a pulse. Then the end users will become interested...