PDA

View Full Version : is this another way to cheat?

jaik
17th July 2006, 09:26 AM
hi,
today i try to reg a name at dynadot
searched it and it was available to reg in .com and it was a chinese name
after i check out by paying through paypal,i got message that order was successfully completed
then with in a min i received email from dynadot saying this -
The order that you placed with us on 2006/07/17 has finished processing.

One or more of the items in this order could not be fulfilled. Your account has
been issued a credit of $7.99. This credit will be automatically applied to your
next order with Dynadot. Please see the order info below to see which items
could not be fulfilled.

Thank you for your business. We hope we may serve you again soon. Feel free to
contact us at orders@dynadot.com if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Dynadot Staff
(order xxxxx) (account jaik)

ORDER INFORMATION
date created: 2006/07/17
order number: xxxxx
ITEMS
xn-xxxxxx.com - domain registration
1 year ($7.99)
$7.99

first i got mail that order was successfully completed.now saying its not in another mail
they have credited $7.99 to my account also
my paypal ac was also charged $7.99

if this reg cannot be completed due to varient issue they should not have complete paypal payment procedger like other sites domain site etc...

is it another way to cheat? so that they get custmers and domain regs
did anyone encountered problem like this before?

thanks,
jaik

alex
17th July 2006, 09:32 AM
They're not stealing your domain, but they do charge you before they do a variant check.

This happened to me on my first (and last) transaction with them.

If you don't like it, stick with other registrars who don't charge you before the variant check, such as domainsite.

Wot
17th July 2006, 09:40 AM
They're not stealing your domain, but they do charge you before they do a variant check.

This happened to me on my first (and last) transaction with them.

If you don't like it, stick with other registrars who don't charge you before the variant check, such as domainsite.

DD24 also "retain" the reg fee as credit - not good.

bwhhisc
17th July 2006, 10:55 AM
This happens to everyone, both at Dynadot and other registrars. You have found a Chinese word that is probably already registered in the Traditional form so "your" Simplified form will not be able to register. They do take your money, but refund you if it will not go thru.

Many of the best Chinese idns in simplfied- ie. shopping.com and Beijing.com show "open" but can not be registered.

alex
17th July 2006, 11:55 AM
They do take your money, but refund you if it will not go thru.

The point here is that Dynadot does not "refund" the charge. They give you a credit towards a future purchase. A refund would involve the return of funds, which does not occur. They hold onto your money indefinitely, until you make a future purchase with them.

Personally, I prefer to hold onto my own money until I decide if, when and where to make another purchase.

Domainsite does not charge you until after they check for variants and then they charge you only for the available names that they actually register for you. This is a significant difference.

touchring
17th July 2006, 01:10 PM
I suspect that Verisign did not provide a check variant API, so the only way to know if a domain doesn't have a variant is to actually submit the order to Verisign. So registrars want to protect themselves from the situation in which the order has gone through, but payment cannot be deducted.

jaik
17th July 2006, 01:24 PM
i think they should check varient before payment prosedger
not to hold money of others for their own fault

bwhhisc
17th July 2006, 01:55 PM
i think they should check varient before payment prosedger
not to hold money of others for their own fault

Jaik, you should register at Domainsite then, you get credited the money back to your paypal account.

alpha
17th July 2006, 02:09 PM
Jaik, you should register at Domainsite then, you get credited the money back to your paypal account.

I think we are confusing Jaik.

In a previous thread he was advised to use dynadot because of their "refund process".

it would seem that you need to make a choice.

if you are sure about the translation, then use domainsite, as they will not charge you for a variant error.

if you are unsure about the translation of the name, then use dynadot. because at least you can get a refund. BUT if it should fail for variant reasons, then you will only get a credit.

jaik
20th July 2006, 02:01 PM
is there now any problem with dynadot website
i am trying to reg a name for 10 hrs coz i have that credit.
when search a name it doesnt show results
tried deleting old cookies