PDA

View Full Version : IDN Forums becomes an Adsense Revenue Sharing Forum

Olney
22nd January 2006, 09:48 AM
Today IDN Forums becomes an adsense revenue sharing board.
What this means is that Google contextual ads that are served on the site have a 50% chance of showing ads from our Adsense account or 50% chance of being ads from our member's account. In other words we extend the oppurtunity for our member's to share revenue made by the site.

I origially saw this concept made as a plugin by www.ThinkBling.com then later found that is was originally made by DigitalPoint.com. I spent much of last year tweaking phpBB to use various modifications & this was one of them. Alas all the code had security holes so I scrapped all the code. Having moved the forum over to vBulletin I was happy to be able to offer this IDN Forum members.

Initially to participate you must have an adsense account.
If not you must sign up with Google.

Then after you have 30 post on the forum you are able to participate & have the potential to earn revenue.
You may post your Google Adsense account by going to your profile option on your user CP
Your adsense codes only show up for topics that you start.

The Adsense Revenue Sharing Forums option is not against Google's TOS. We ask members to adhere to Google Adsense TOS Policies.

Also currently ads are minimized for forum members.

bramiozo
22nd January 2006, 11:36 AM
That's a great incentive to start GOOD topics :) .

Hope my adwords-account comes through in the coming days.

Olney
23rd January 2006, 02:33 PM
I have to fix the system a bit. Currently it's showing fine for adsense within the post but not above the post.

I got a bit of work to do...

Rubber Duck
31st January 2006, 12:33 PM
I have to fix the system a bit. Currently it's showing fine for adsense within the post but not above the post.

I got a bit of work to do...

Well I have had over 500 impressions recorded at Adsense, so system seems to be working. No clicks as yet, but who knows?

Dave

Olney
31st January 2006, 01:19 PM
Well it's not perfect yet it's not exactly the way I want it to.
It's a start though...