PDA

View Full Version : Newbie introduction

bdss
19th July 2006, 10:06 PM
Hello,

Though I have registered here in May, dint get around to use this forum till last couple of weeks and then only did I realise the wealth of information I was missing out.

Recently bought two IDNs and have now decided to get into the Idn world.

Though I am still confused on how things work, but I am learning thanks to the great information provided by all of you and intend to keep learning.

Thank you for accepting me to be a part of such an intelligent community.

Regards
Nick

glow
19th July 2006, 10:19 PM
Welcome aboard Nick!

rhys
20th July 2006, 12:27 AM
New members always welcome. Good luck mining the beds for gold. If it feels too easy, stop yourself and check with some of the experienced guys to make sure you are on the right track.

bdss
20th July 2006, 09:55 AM
Thanks guys, yes I will definetly check with the members here.

I already had an incident the other day. I saw a chinese IDN for the word poker (since I buy name in gambling space).

It apparently turned out that the word is not poker but just a charachter used in the word poker.

But when I sent a mail to the owner about it asking him if he could sell the name to me which meant poker in simplified chinese, all he asked was how much did I think the name was worth.

Luckily I doubled check with one of the Chinese translators who works with us.
And she pointed out my mistake.

After this incident though I am a bit dissapointed for not being corrected by the domain owner but I have learnt a lesson.
And I guess its business.

I definetly will double chk henceforth with the members before I buy anything.

Thanks for the kind words

Regards
Nick

it168
1st August 2006, 09:08 AM
welcome nick .
welcome to idn world.
welcome to china^_^....