PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Experts Chat IE (July 13, 2006)

Rubber Duck
22nd July 2006, 05:54 PM
Transcript now published.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/chats/transcripts/06_0713_ez_ie.mspx

Looking through it. Seems as though there is some interesting stuff. Will post extracts below.

Uche[MSFT] (Expert):
Q: What's after IE7 Beta 3 and when?
A: the next thing to watch out for is the final release for IE7 later on this year

Uche[MSFT] (Expert):
Q: can you be more specific than "later this year" for when you expect to release the final version of IE7?
A: I am sorry I cannot be more specific

Uche[MSFT] (Expert):
Q: Is there any more exciting features going to be coming to IE7 ?
A: At this point we are working on perfecting our existing features. is there a feature in particular that you would like to see in IE7?

CyraR [MSFT] (Expert):
Q: Will the build number of IE7 Beta 3 change at all?
A: The build number of IE7 will likely change between now and the time we ship. We will take a few more critical bugs before we ship which will require new builds

Uche[MSFT] (Expert):
Q: what are your deployment plans for IE7 once it's out of beta? will it be an automatic update to all XPSP2 IE6 users? what's the deployment timeline?
A: It is not going to be an automatic update (ie it will not be mandatory to install it) but we will be promoting it as an update

Dave MAssy (Moderator):
Q: Are you guys glad that you don't need support IE6 for 98/98SE and ME anymore?
A: Yes.

alpha
22nd July 2006, 06:53 PM
...It is not going to be an automatic update (ie it will not be mandatory to install it) but we will be promoting it as an update....

damn :mad:

Rubber Duck
22nd July 2006, 09:08 PM
damn :mad:

I think what he was saying is that you will have to click the Mouse on an OK button before it will Overwrite IE 6.0. From memory that is about similar to the situation when we move from 5.5 to 6.0. I believe he was saying that it would be automatic in as much as you would be prompted to click the OK button.