PDA

View Full Version : Russian domainers angry at Snapnames

blastfromthepast
23rd July 2006, 02:21 AM
http://domenforum.net/showthread.php?t=7295&page=2

STRAH writes: It looks like these Америкосы [ethnic slur for Americans, Yankee-suckers] don't give a sh*t, if they take сайты.com [sites.com] for $400 or анекдоты [jokes]… They are cleaning everything up in their way. These ones also dropped and were reregistered:

xn--80aaahhbbdddbc6ad1ctchjce9af7dvj.net,международное радиовещание.net [international broadcasting.net ]-,19-07-2006
xn--80aqagbwms.net,аркотики.net [ugs.com type of drugs.net],19-07-2006 (like a typo or something)

DOMENFORUM writes: The domain was freed, and was grabbed by Snapnames.com for several people at once, after that an auction took place between them… how many of these a**holes placed offers I don't know, but to reach $1500 they had to try real hard.

IDNCowboy
23rd July 2006, 02:55 AM

STRAH writes: It looks like these Америкосы [ethnic slur for Americans, Yankee-suckers] don't give a sh*t, if they take сайты.com [sites.com] for $400 or анекдоты [jokes]… They are cleaning everything up in their way. These ones also dropped and were reregistered:

xn--80aaahhbbdddbc6ad1ctchjce9af7dvj.net,международное радиовещание.net [international broadcasting.net ]-,19-07-2006
xn--80aqagbwms.net,аркотики.net [ugs.com type of drugs.net],19-07-2006 (like a typo or something)

DOMENFORUM writes: The domain was freed, and was grabbed by Snapnames.com for several people at once, after that an auction took place between them… how many of these a**holes placed offers I don't know, but to reach $1500 they had to try real hard.
hehe i admit i took a nice russian name on SN. Very competitive yet I gotta add that everyone has an equal chance. If you have the $ you have a decent shot. This includes those people on domenforum :P

This kinda contradicts what the user domenforum said on this site. I thought he didn't believe in Russian IDN .com? Sell out? :-)

Anyways, he claims to have a nice .ru portfolio so I don't know why he thinks everyone doesn't deserve their fair share.

mulligan
23rd July 2006, 04:29 AM

Care to comment? Alex? Alex?

Just a shot in the dark here but Im guessing the 'отморозков' and 'Америкосы' possibly wont be buying from you guys?? What ya think?

touchring
23rd July 2006, 08:37 AM
hehe i admit i took a nice russian name on SN. Very competitive yet I gotta add that everyone has an equal chance. If you have the $ you have a decent shot. This includes those people on domenforum :P

This kinda contradicts what the user domenforum said on this site. I thought he didn't believe in Russian IDN .com? Sell out? :-)

Anyways, he claims to have a nice .ru portfolio so I don't know why he thinks everyone doesn't deserve their fair share.

It's not that, it's just that he wants "Америкосы" to buy from him. And since they are hesitating, he feels frustrated.

Rubber Duck
23rd July 2006, 09:08 AM
Ah, it is all a fix anyways. Those Yankee Suckers are just giving money to Snapnames to try to kid us all that these IDN things are actually worth something. Do they all think we are stupid?

alpha
23rd July 2006, 09:09 AM
...STRAH writes: It looks like these Америкосы [ethnic slur for Americans, Yankee-suckers] ...

I'm not American by the way, I am English. Please amend your comment and also insert some equally predictable slur for an English "sucker".

STRAH, you registered here a couple of days ago. Want to comment ?

burnsinternet
23rd July 2006, 09:09 AM
It bothers me a little that the guy claims to live in Chicago, and he calls us a lot of names, but it seems that Americans are not buying the bulk of these domains. He has been told this but ignores the facts.

I'm not American by the way, I am English. Please amend your comment and also insert some equally predictable slur for an English "sucker".

OK, Limey sucker. :p

Rubber Duck
23rd July 2006, 09:16 AM
He has been told this but ignores the facts.

OK, Limey sucker. :p

Clear trait of an ASCII domainer!

Yes, well drinking lime juice to combat scurvey was regarded as pretty anti-social. Must have been the Geeks of their time?

jose
23rd July 2006, 11:59 PM
Just for curiosity, anyone knows for how much международное.net was sold?

I've sold международные.com for $15 in here not too long ago(in a pack of 4) (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/3151-475-366-yandex-com-no-reserve-auction.html) :o

blastfromthepast
24th July 2006, 12:05 AM
Just for curiosity, anyone knows for how much международное.net was sold?

I've sold международные.com for $15 in here not too long ago(in a pack of 4) (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/3151-475-366-yandex-com-no-reserve-auction.html) :o

It is pretty annoying, but some people here would rather pay SnapNames hundreds of dollars for .nets, rather than buy from fellow forum members and get much better IDNs.

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 12:09 AM
:( It is pretty annoying, but some people here would rather pay SnapNames hundreds of dollars for .nets, rather than buy from fellow forum members and get much better IDNs.

Nothing new there. Snapnames and Pool have always commanded $xxx to $xxxx for domains you cannot give away at Sedo!

Anyway, gives you a good opportunity to note down the total prats so you can stitch them up later!

blastfromthepast
24th July 2006, 12:12 AM
:(

Nothing new there. Snapnames have always commanded $xxx to $xxxx for domains you cannot give away at Sedo!

Exactly.

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 12:28 AM
It is hard to compare prices in the past few months to the new phase. I assume that this Snapname news is part of the next phase, correct?

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 12:37 AM
It is hard to compare prices in the past few months to the new phase. I assume that this Snapname news is part of the next phase, correct?

It is part of the evolution of the market. Most people are cool with new regging, well at least the members on here.

Few have the balls to go after quality domains in the secondary market. Drops has always been an intermediary situation. Up until recently all drops went for Reg Fee. It is quite a departure seeing them go in the $60 plus range now.

As with before, competition is light to start with and then intensifies. I think it is already getting a lot harder a lot faster than many of the combatants envisaged. I bottled out totally this time around, as I have had previous experience of investing time and money for it all to end in tears.

Auctions at Snapnames are still a novelty, but the frustration will soon set in. The good new for those selling in the seconary markets, is that there is nowhere left to go after that.

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 12:49 AM
Many of those drops were terrible regs. Have you checked them out? Even the good ones were few and far between. And snapped up.

Drewbert
24th July 2006, 12:52 AM
>Nothing new there. Snapnames and Pool have always commanded $xxx to $xxxx for
>domains you cannot give away at Sedo!

Snapnames and Pool provide downloadable listsof upcoming auctions.

Does SEDO do that?

No.

Case closed.

>Even the good ones were few and far between. And snapped up.

As predicted.

Olney
24th July 2006, 12:54 AM
Yeah I understand you Dave,
I think Premium dot coms will be harder & harder to come by, especially now that Snap has fully entered the game. (It was like living in CandyLand 10 months ago)
You don't know how many times I started to put up a premium dot com & never could hit submit.. Once it's Gone.. You ain't getting it back for anywhere near the price you sold it for.

It is part of the evolution of the market. Most people are cool with new regging, well at least the members on here.

Few have the balls to go after quality domains in the secondary market. Drops has always been an intermediary situation. Up until recently all drops went for Reg Fee. It is quite a departure seeing them go in the $60 plus range now.

As with before, competition is light to start with and then intensifies. I think it is already getting a lot harder a lot faster than many of the combatants envisaged. I bottled out totally this time around, as I have had previous experience of investing time and money for it all to end in tears.

Auctions at Snapnames are still a novelty, but the frustration will soon set in. The good new for those selling in the seconary markets, is that there is nowhere left to go after that.

IDNCowboy
24th July 2006, 12:59 AM
Hopefully I'll get some domains on snapnames.

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 01:05 AM
Yeah I understand you Dave,
I think Premium dot coms will be harder & harder to come by, especially now that Snap has fully entered the game. (It was like living in CandyLand 10 months ago)
You don't know how many times I started to put up a premium dot com & never could hit submit.. Once it's Gone.. You ain't getting it back for anywhere near the price you sold it for.

Market dynamics always mean that there is always a shortage of whatever is in demand. That is life and human nature.

Good domains are a finite resource. OK, we have all been spoilt rotten and many have gorged until they have indigestion.

Others have been less fortunate and will have to make some tough choices or just snooze and let the opportunities pass them by. Rick Schartz and other made a fortune by spending what was considered at the time rediculous amounts of money on highly speculative investments. Some IDNers today will rise to the challenge, others will spend a life regretting lost opportunities. In this game the only second prizes are dot nets.

sarcle
24th July 2006, 03:41 AM
I love nationalists. :)

You missed the boat you dumbasses. SORRY.

strah
24th July 2006, 06:26 AM

What comment you want hear? "Америкосы"? My statements in the russian forum I suggest to discuss in the same place in russian language. Welcome at the

http://domenforum.net , unfortunately my English too poor to express complex ideas here. I think that blastfromthepast has not correctly translated sense of

my statements. There are not all Americans Fat, stupid suckers.
But why some of you register such droped domains?:
xn--80acdckbazj8ammlsiedn1h7e.com,агентбюропутешествий.com
( agenttravellingagency.com )
or
xn--80aaahhbbdddbc6ad1ctchjce9af7dvj.net,международное радиовещание.net,19-07-2006
(internationalradioannouncement.com)

xn--80aqagbwms.net,аркотики.net,19-07-2006 (rugs.net, typo drugs.net)

And very much the same ...

These domains are ugly also Russian will never redeem them at you.
Typo Traffic will be zero, because yandex wordstat for "аркотики" is about zero.
Somebody can explain what for to register similar ugly domains? Who whom tries to deceive?
Perhaps someone thus deceives naive investors, which all the same what to buy actions of the Panama channel or ugly idn?
Or someone tries to warm up the market, buying up everything, even the most awful dropped domains?
Or they really stupid? As for me,I have small, nice portfolio of russian idns.
It is easy for me to develop them, as Russian native for me. But I have stopped to register them, because at Russian idn it is too much problems now.
There are good news. Thera are bad news. But uncertainty is too great. The future Russian idn
Depends on decisions only the several companies:
microsoft, google, yandex, opera... Yandex badly concerns to russian idn. They at all have not registered яндекс.com
Opera and Microsoft can refuse at any moment default support idn because of problems with safety ( fishing )
Or for other reasons and typo traffic will be zero ...
Russian webmasters do not want to buy such domains more expensively than $XX and to place there sites.
20 % of Russian users already have idn-enabled browsers, but typo traffic very small. By my calculations , in next three years it will be increased in 10

times. So, that the domain paid back itself in the future - already now should have a minimum 2 hosts in day. Whether many such domains? I think such result can show only the some premium and subpremium domains. Also there is no sense will register domains with Wordstat <100000 in hope that they to be self-sufficient on PPC. (behind exception by a case when exists alternative ascii domain
With a known site)

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 06:39 AM
There are not all Americans Fat, stupid suckers.
But why some of you register such droped domains?

Why do you say Americans are buying them? Why do you pick on Americans? I think the British and Chinese are buying more than the Americans.

strah
24th July 2006, 06:41 AM
Why do you say Americans are buying them? Why do you pick on Americans? I think the British and Chinese are buying more than the Americans.
This just russian specific joke :)

networker
24th July 2006, 06:43 AM

Ditto, also, why is it your concern that the "Stupid, fat, American suckers" are registering even poor quality names? It doesn't affect you, and if the names are as poor quality as you make them out to be, than you wouldn't want them anyhow.

If you're a nationalist who worries about non-natives butchering the Russian language, well - there are some horrendous ASCII names registered by people from all over the world - including Russia!

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 06:43 AM
There are good news. Thera are bad news. But uncertainty is too great. The future Russian idn
microsoft, google, yandex, opera... Yandex badly concerns to russian idn. They at all have not registered яндекс.com
Opera and Microsoft can refuse at any moment default support idn because of problems with safety ( fishing )
Russian webmasters do not want to buy such domains more expensively than $XX and to place there sites.
20 % of Russian users already have idn-enabled browsers, but typo traffic very small. By my calculations , in next three years it will be increased in 10
times. So, that the domain paid back itself in the future - already now should have a minimum 2 hosts in day. Whether many such domains? I think such result can show only the some premium and subpremium domains. Also there is no sense will register domains with Wordstat <100000 in hope that they to be self-sufficient on PPC. (behind exception by a case when exists alternative ascii domain
With a known site)

I understand your feelings. We all know the risks. I rarely buy Russian IDNs with less than 100000 Wordstat for that reason. I hope yours do well, too, my friend.

networker
24th July 2006, 06:44 AM

I think the joke is how hypocritical these schmucks are.

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 06:46 AM

It's getting annoying. I am not fat or stupid, but I am an American. We are very proud people, just like the rest of you.

strah
24th July 2006, 06:54 AM
networker, I think to a theme of nationalism here not a place. On domenforum.net we do not worry, and we are simply pinned from a situation on snapnames.

It's getting annoying. I am not fat or stupid, but I am an American. We are very proud people, just like the rest of you.
I trust you. I have some americans friends and they are cool ...

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 07:09 AM
I trust you. I have some americans friends and they are cool ...
I have had many Russian friends and coworkers for many years, and I still do. I don't understand why some of the Russian domainers have to say such mean things about Americans. Especially when Americans are not the majority of IDNers.

strah
24th July 2006, 08:03 AM
I thinking this difficult theme (why people sometimes do not love other people? Or why Russian sometimes dislike Americans or why Americans sometimes dislike Russian? Why arabs sometimes dislike Americans, and Americans sometimes dislike arabs?) not for this forum.
Nevertheless I see real market cost Russian idn,
In view of the current purchasing capacity Russian, risks, prospects and
Current typo traffic:
1) premium (Moscow, hosting, love, auto, book, date, business, etc) - $500
2) subpremium 50-100 $
3) Simply with good wordstat, but noncommercial - about reg fee
Whether I can have the Humble opinion, what those who buys domains more expensively specified the price - crazy?

networker
24th July 2006, 08:13 AM
I thinking this difficult theme (why people sometimes do not love other people? Or why Russian sometimes dislike Americans or why Americans sometimes dislike Russian? Why arabs sometimes dislike Americans, and Americans sometimes dislike arabs?) not for this forum.
Nevertheless I see real market cost Russian idn,
In view of the current purchasing capacity Russian, risks, prospects and
Current typo traffic:
1) premium (Moscow, hosting, love, auto, book, date, business, etc) - $500
2) subpremium 50-100 $
3) Simply with good wordstat, but noncommercial - about reg fee
Whether I can have the Humble opinion, what those who buys domains more expensively specified the price - crazy?

I agree, so why in the hell did you bring it onto this forum? Or are you just a coward who can only talk about "Fat, stupid, Americans", when there aren't any Americans present on the forum to defend themselves?

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 08:44 AM
The Fat, Stupid American is a stereotype, but with some statistical basis in truth. However, I very much doubt if any of the IDNers that frequent this forum regularly could be neatly pigeon hold into that stereotype.

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 08:52 AM

It is not complex. It is not difficult. Treat others as you wish to be treated. No generalizations.

I will get off the soapbox now. Sorry, folks.

strah
24th July 2006, 08:57 AM
networker, you should not be protected, because nobody accuses you.
On domenforum.net there is no topics in which Americans as the nation would suffer indignity. Someone wanted mine comments? I have made them, may be not constructive, may be bad have transferred sense, but tried as could.

The Fat, Stupid American is a stereotype

Yes it's just stereotype. I tell more - it's just Comic stereotype, on which it is not necessary to take offence. It's like some other comic stereotype:
"Russian mafia", "fucking russian cheaters", "In Russia bears go on streets, people drink exclusively vodka, have a snack red caviar and play on balalaikas", etc

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 09:10 AM
We have all made mistakes when registering new domains. Some of my bad domain names make me laugh now. Many of the 'drops' at snapnames are not good, and that is why they drop.

I think we are all trying to get the best names we can. We all have the same goals. Some people spend money on bad domains in any language because they don't know the language. I think that is what you see. Some of the Asian language domain drops are even worse than Russian drops.

I also believe that IDNers would rather spend money on good domains than buy terrible domains to heat up the market. We don't want to waste our money. Would someone do this to heat up the .RU market?

strah
24th July 2006, 09:32 AM
Why to not use native speakers? It more cheaply than to burn on bad names. To look yandex score it is possible without native speakers... These are elementary conclusions. .RU market does not require heating, but sometimes there there are unique processes. For example Russian have an opportunity to register domains free-of-charge in a zone *.com.ru
Recently someone with the help of the special program has registered in this free-of-charge zone more than 300000 domains, conterminous on a spelling with already registered to domains in a zone *.RU What for he has made it?
Obviously to deprive with an opportunity free-of-charge to register beautiful domains in a zone *.com.ru and by that a few to heat up the market *.ru
Market of Dropped domains at us is strongly closed and basically dropped domains
Share among a narrow circle of persons.

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 09:35 AM
As far as domainers go, I think you will learn that the crowd at IDNFs is as switched on and at the cutting edge as any you will find. Of course we all make mistakes, and I have regged some humdingers. I very much doubt, however, there is even one individual on here that would hype rubbish by bidding on crap.

Drewbert has been mentioned. If he is buying stuff, you should be taking note. This guy does not buy crap and he does not over pay.

I am not sure who is on Snapnames at the moment, but if there are less informed individuals from Ebay and elsewhere turning up, that may explain why some of the bidding appears irratic. There is quite a history of high bids on rubbish at Ebay, probably from loan sharks who have not had the benefit of learning through a tight community such as we have at IDNFs.

Why to not use native speakers? It more cheaply than to burn on bad names. To look yandex score it is possible without native speakers... These are elementary conclusions. .RU market does not require heating, but sometimes there there are unique processes. For example Russian have an opportunity to register domains free-of-charge in a zone *.com.ru
Recently someone with the help of the special program has registered in this free-of-charge zone more than 300000 domains, conterminous on a spelling with already registered to domains in a zone *.RU What for he has made it?
Obviously to deprive with an opportunity free-of-charge to register beautiful domains in a zone *.com.ru and by that a few to heat up the market *.ru
Market of Dropped domains at us is strongly closed and basically dropped domains
Share among a narrow circle of persons.

With .com.ru. These are not domains but subdomains, not recognised by official registeries. Giving them away makes a lot of sense initially at they will only be given for 1 year. If you want to renew then you will pay. similar services in the West charge about $70 per year. Once you have a successful site at one of these URLs you will be reluctant to change just to save $50 a year. At least that is the theory. Would I buy one. No, I don't accept anything that is free!

strah
24th July 2006, 09:44 AM
I think the main signal it is necessary to count not demand on snapnames, and demand on idn among Russian webmasters and endusers and typo traffic. Only these of parameter really economically prove cost idn, all rest is a construction of financial pyramids

At *.com.ru in Russia the special status. It is absolutely free-of-charge alternative to domains *.ru In this zone many years work tens thousand sites and it is not necessary to pay for the domain... It can be hosted to any server.
Fantasy, is't it?

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 09:54 AM
We do use native speakers when we can. We also use other resources.

My Russian IDNs get high traffic now and the traffic is increasing every week. I think there is room for all of us to do well with IDN.com and .ru, also. However, .ru is very expensive to me.

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 10:01 AM
I think the main signal it is necessary to count not demand on snapnames, and demand on idn among Russian webmasters and endusers and typo traffic. Only these of parameter really economically prove cost idn, all rest is a construction of financial pyramids

At *.com.ru in Russia the special status. It is absolutely free-of-charge alternative to domains *.ru In this zone many years work tens thousand sites and it is not necessary to pay for the domain... It can be hosted to any server.
Fantasy, is't it?

The *.com.ru domains are no different than *.com.uk and I wouldn't accept one even if they were free.

As for financial pyramids, well it is certainly speculative investment. Nobody ever said anything different. Is it all about to come crashing down. I don't think so. This time next year prices will be much higher than now.

strah
24th July 2006, 10:03 AM
We do use native speakers when we can. We also use other resources.

My Russian IDNs get high traffic now and the traffic is increasing every week. I think there is room for all of us to do well with IDN.com and .ru, also. However, .ru is very expensive to me.

It not traffic, is a comedy film. For $300 in Russia it is possible to buy a good site which will have attendance of 1000 hosts in day (30000 in a month) Or 3 bad sites which will have on 1000 visitors in day everyone.

Explorer
24th July 2006, 10:05 AM
Ditto, also, why is it your concern that the "Stupid, fat, American suckers" are registering even poor quality names? It doesn't affect you, and if the names are as poor quality as you make them out to be, than you wouldn't want them anyhow.

If you're a nationalist who worries about non-natives butchering the Russian language, well - there are some horrendous ASCII names registered by people from all over the world - including Russia!

We are all confused, as none of the domains he mentioned in his first post is registered. They are indeed low quality names and they are all free.

touchring
24th July 2006, 10:08 AM
JC? American or Russian, which side? :p

strah
24th July 2006, 10:11 AM
This time next year prices will be much higher than now.
IDN is as shares.
There will be good news of the price will go upwards. There will be bad news, the prices will go downwards.

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 10:13 AM
It not traffic, is a comedy film. For $300 in Russia it is possible to buy a good site which will have attendance of 1000 hosts in day (30000 in a month) Or 3 bad sites which will have on 1000 visitors in day everyone.

Maybe so, the Russian Internet is still in its infancy. What is clear though is that all the Latin transliterations of russian word ASCII domains will be replaced. IDN will not catch on without browser support. It may even need the .RU ccTLD to support it in IDN.IDN. It is possible that IDN.com won't be worth as much as IDN.RU, although my guess is that it will. What is indisputable is that IDN is the future in Russia, whether you and others can see it or not. Russian ASCII domains will be consigned to the scrap heap of history.

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 10:15 AM

Я не понимаю

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 10:18 AM
IDN is as shares.
There will be good news of the price will go upwards. There will be bad news, the prices will go downwards.

That will may be so but if you look at the Dow or FT index since they first started, there has been a lot more up than down. All downs have only ever been temporary set backs.

Take ASCII domains same pattern, but 100 years growth compressed into 10 years.

With IDN once it is clear to the wider market what is happening prices will move much more rapidly than with ASCII. ASCII had to feel its way, IDN will just be benchmarked against ASCII.

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 10:20 AM
IDN is as shares.

Есть ли у Вас...?

strah
24th July 2006, 10:23 AM
Я не понимаю

It's not traffic, it's a comedy film. For $300 in Russia it is possible to buy a good site which will have attendance of 1000 hosts in day (30000 in a month) Or 3 bad sites which will have on 1000 visitors in day everyone.

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 10:32 AM
It's not traffic, it's a comedy film. For $300 in Russia it is possible to buy a good site which will have attendance of 1000 hosts in day (30000 in a month) Or 3 bad sites which will have on 1000 visitors in day everyone.

Perhaps others realise that these domains are going to be junk real soon!

Explorer
24th July 2006, 10:43 AM
JC? American or Russian, which side? :p

If you re-read strah's first post, you'll check and see that none of the domains he mentioned is registered, making all his points worthless.

strah
24th July 2006, 10:44 AM
Russian ASCII domains will be consigned to the scrap heap of history.
If to touch nothing, allwill be so. Can in 5 years, can through 10. But there are some things which can to change a situation radically:
1) The Russian government. (it is sometimes unpredictable)
2) Microsoft
3) Yandex
4) Google
5) Russian mentality
6) That fact, that the majority of tasty names is already occupied non-russian, extremely will have a negative effect on development of a zone, penetration of Russian sites in idn.com will be very slow. Qualitative sites should
To penetrate into a zone the first (as it was with zone COM and RU)
And only then domaners and speculators, but not on another!
Look at a zone eu - it is frozen. there are no qualitative sites except for europa.eu and eurid.eu till now . Why? There was too much spekulators...

Perhaps others realise that these domains are going to be junk real soon!
Such moods in Russia are not present. A web publishers very much love zone RU, and they are rather conservative

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 10:49 AM
If to touch nothing, allwill be so. Can in 5 years, can through 10. But there are some things which can to change a situation radically:
1) The Russian government. (it is sometimes unpredictable)
2) Microsoft
3) Yandex
4) Google
5) Russian mentality
6) That fact, that the majority of tasty names is already occupied non-russian, extremely will have a negative effect on development of a zone, penetration of Russian sites in idn.com will be very slow. Qualitative sites should
To penetrate into a zone the first (as it was with zone COM and RU)
And only then domaners and speculators, but not on another!
Look at a zone eu - it is frozen. there are no qualitative sites except for europa.eu and eurid.eu till now . Why? There was too much spekulators... You are correct. I think (6) is the most important, but it is different than .eu because it is not a new extension. I believe we will be OK. I hope so! ;)

strah
24th July 2006, 10:54 AM
If you re-read strah's first post, you'll check and see that none of the domains he mentioned is registered, making all his points worthless.
You are right. Now they for any reasons are free. They were released 19-07-2006. But when I placed the message
On domenforum.net - 21.07.2006 they have already been again borrowed, otherwise me quickly would expose...

networker
24th July 2006, 11:00 AM
You are right. Now they for any reasons are free. They were released 19-07-2006. But when I placed the message
On domenforum.net - 21.07.2006 they have already been again borrowed, otherwise me quickly would expose...

Welcome to the world of domain drops - all ASCII domains, and a lot of IDN domains are AUTOMATICALLY registered to test the traffic, and deleted within the grace period if they don't have traffic.

strah
24th July 2006, 11:03 AM
You are correct. I think (6) is the most important, but it is different than .eu because it is not a new extension. I believe we will be OK. I hope so! ;)
A think that the most imortant 3 ( Yandex - the most popular se in russia)
They will not add complete support IDN while in a zone enough of qualitative and interesting sites idn.com will not appear. Qualitative and interesting sites will not appear, yet there will be no support of search systems. It is a vicious circle;)

strah
24th July 2006, 11:07 AM
Welcome to the world of domain drops - all ASCII domains, and a lot of IDN domains are AUTOMATICALLY registered to test the traffic, and deleted within the grace period if they don't have traffic.
You are similar right. This implies that among idners is not present "америкосы":)

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 11:10 AM

Well at least Strah and Snapnames concur on what is junk.

They may not just be traffic testing. Other criteria could be invoked, such as Yandex, Google or Overture.

Number one is significant, which is one reason that there will always be a place for dot Com.

It may well be that Yandex is having difficulty getting up to speed. Well they had better get their act together or Google will take them down.

Microsofts work is nearly done, no real worries there.

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 11:18 AM
A think that the most imortant 3 ( Yandex - the most popular se in russia)
They will not add complete support IDN while in a zone enough of qualitative and interesting sites idn.com will not appear. Qualitative and interesting sites will not appear, yet there will be no support of search systems. It is a vicious circle;) I have several domains in development. I hope Yandex likes them!

blastfromthepast
24th July 2006, 11:21 AM
As for me,I have small, nice portfolio of russian idns.
It is easy for me to develop them, as Russian native for me. But I have stopped to register them, because at Russian idn it is too much problems now.

That is very good news. Thank you for not registering more domains.

There is only one chance to get a name. You have decided to let others, including myself, register the remaining. Thank you.

strah
24th July 2006, 11:32 AM
That is very good news. Thank you for not registering more domains.

There is only one chance to get a name. You have decided to let others, including myself, register the remaining. Thank you.
blastfromthepast - you are double-faced :)
You call to register on domenforum.net all russian idn, the more, the better. Now you speak, that it is better to not hasten with it, that to you would get more:)

blastfromthepast
24th July 2006, 11:45 AM
blastfromthepast - you are double-faced :)
You call to register on domenforum.net all russian idn, the more, the better. Now you speak, that it is better to not hasten with it, that to you would get more:)

Notice how there are no Korean IDNs sold on this forum? Why? Because Koreans registered almost all of the the good names themselves. And they will never sell Korean IDNs to others.

Very different from your attitude: Buy up a few IDNs to resell to foreigners on this forum, and then complain about them not buying and being worthless and insulting people. Not a good way to do business.

strah
24th July 2006, 11:55 AM
Notice how there are no Korean IDNs sold on this forum? Why? Because Koreans registered almost all of the the good names themselves. And they will never sell Korean IDNs to others.

Very different from your attitude: Buy up a few IDNs to resell to foreigners on this forum, and then complain about them not buying and being worthless and start insulting people. Not a good way to do business.

Unfortunately Russian do not trust in idn and don't like them

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 11:58 AM
Notice how there are no Korean IDNs sold on this forum? Why? Because mostly Korean registered all the good names. And they will never sell to others.

Very different from your attitude: Buy up a few IDNs to resell to foreigners on this forum, and then complain about them not buying and being worthless.

Yes, it is all about timing. Russia will definitely lag Japan, Korea and China. I think it is now set to come in behind Arabic and possibly Hindi as well, but who knows? Things change very quickly in this game, they may surprise us yet. Earning from Russia are now firmly behind Arabic and Japanese and I think the focus has to shift back to Japanes once again. Do I really care whether Russia fires on all cylinders? Not really. The World economy managed without them for the whole of the 20th century, a couple more years won't make much difference. That is one of the luxuries of having a diversified portfolio. India has long been a wait and see situation. That seems to be gaining a bit of momentum. So Russia is falling to the back of the field. Nothing new there then!

blastfromthepast
24th July 2006, 12:03 PM

If you don't value your own stuff, someone else will buy it cheap and then sell it back to you at full price. And, you have only yourself to blame.

Japanese companies have business plans that span 500 years. Do you?

strah
24th July 2006, 12:08 PM
Japanese companies have business plans that span 500 years. Do you?

I think the nearest 500 years in Russia there will be favorites domains of a kind
idn.ru and ascii.ru:)

blastfromthepast
24th July 2006, 12:15 PM

Yes. They will have to suck your сиськи at full price.

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 12:17 PM
I think the nearest 500 years in Russia there will be favorites domains of a kind

Let me try to explain how this works. This is a discussion thread. We debate issues here. What happens is that people put forward opinions and then try to substantiate them with rational arguments. Others either agree or disagree, but either way in each case views are substantiated with arguments and arguments are backed by facts. Stand alone opinions are valid only as opinions, but are generally taken to be views of the crass or the inept.

blastfromthepast
24th July 2006, 12:36 PM
networker, you should not be protected, because nobody accuses you.
On domenforum.net there is no topics in which Americans as the nation would suffer indignity.

Simply not true. The posted example above was just 1 of many many times IDN investors have been cursed at and refered to as 'Америкосы' on that forum. I would not have posted this thread here if it that was not the case.

You are not informed. Microsoft, Google, and Opera are very clear about IDN support.

Yandex is a small company, and will follow the big ones. They are not a market leader. Also, if they support IDNs or not, it does not matter for typein traffic. As for search engine traffic, it is nice to have IDN support, but not essential, people still click on punycode domains in search results.

strah
24th July 2006, 12:39 PM
Let me try to explain how this works. This is a discussion thread. We debate issues here. What happens is that people put forward opinions and then try to substantiate them with rational arguments. Others either agree or disagree, but either way in each case views are substantiated with arguments and arguments are backed by facts. Stand alone opinions are valid only as opinions, but are generally taken to be views of the crass or the inept.
The majority of experts on the Russian Internet think also. Therefore so are cold Russians to idn.com. Having registered idn on the following day try to sell it on cheap stuff on http://www.idnforums.com and then are very much pleased if the transaction has taken place. I think most likely at idn.com all there will be any small share from idn.ru but before it happen there will be many sufferings. Many will not wait and domains will be dropped.

alpha
24th July 2006, 12:40 PM
Simply not true. The posted example above was just 1 of many many times IDN investors have been cursed at and refered to as 'Америкосы' on that forum. I would not have posted this thread here if it that was not the case.

who gives a shit anyway.

The Russians from Domenforum have made their impression on this forum.

Would I buy from them again? I'd rather cover my genitalia in fish-paste, and dangle them in a pool of hungry piranha.

blastfromthepast
24th July 2006, 12:43 PM
The majority of experts on the Russian Internet think also. Therefore so are cold Russians to idn.com. Having registered idn on the following day try to sell it on cheap stuff on http://www.idnforums.com

Thats exactly why they are not experts, but cheap trick traders. Experts think long term.

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 12:47 PM
I think most likely at idn.com all there will be any small share from idn.ru but before it happen there will be many sufferings. Many will not wait and domains will be dropped.

This has been going on for a long time. The suffering has gone on for Five Years, but things are different now. This time it will work. If it doesn't work this time, it won't ever work and Microsoft, Verisign, ICANN, Google, Yahoo and many others will have wasted huge amounts of time and effort. Your sceptics are not alone. The ASCII community in the West is also highly sceptical, but like you they are wrong!

strah
24th July 2006, 12:47 PM
Yandex is a small company, and will follow the big ones.

Ha-ha. Yandex is one of the largest companies on Russian Internet and the fashion-maker. Yandex.ru is the most visited portal runets and cost of this company some hundreds millions dollars.
STATISTICS on Russian Internet it is possible to look here: http://www.liveinternet.ru/

blastfromthepast
24th July 2006, 12:50 PM
Ha-ha. Yandex is one of the largest companies on Russian Internet and the fashion-maker.

You were comparing Yandex with Google and Microsoft. Yandex is a speck in the dust. Of course it will follow global trends. It has no choice. It is not a market leader. I'm talking about the world market, not the tiny Russian internet market.

bwhhisc
24th July 2006, 12:52 PM

I think that Russian "Professional Domainers" are not thinking like the typical Russian "Internet Users" will be.

Why would the Russian population, many who don't speak English not wish to search for website urls in native language? Please explain this. I lived in foreign countries for a number of years, and know what it is like not to be able to read signs, advertisements, store names, etc.

What about branding your product or website? Would this not be better in Russian. I can not understand the thinking here.

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 12:53 PM
Yandex is a big influential organisation but so was the Soviet Union. If Yandex is the fashion maker then it will stay and the cutting edge and will invest in IDN. If it is not then it is going to be under threat from very serious global competition.

blastfromthepast
24th July 2006, 12:54 PM
I think that Russian "Professional Domainers" are not thinking like the typical Russian "Internet Users" will be.

Very true. The problem is many people on domenforum ie "Russian Domainers" don't speak Russian very well, most of their sentences are 80% English words written in Russian. No wonder they don't like Russian domains. Same thing can be seen with Yandex.

Yandex, by the way, uses a bastardized form of Cyrillic as a brand: Яndex, just like Toys'Я'Us, meaning it isn't really a Russian brand. Of course, they can't register Яndex.com anymore due to the new mixed script rules, so that means they will never be able to own their own brand in .com.

As for the general population, your observation is true.

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 12:58 PM

Why would the Russian population, many who don't speak English not wish to search for website urls in native language? Please explain this. I lived in foreign countries for a number of years, and know what it is like not to be able to read signs, advertisements, store names, etc.

What about branding your product or website? Would this not be better in Russian. I can not understand the thinking here.

ASCII Russian domainers will be sitting on what have been regarded as small fortunes of domains. These are their nest eggs and pensions. It is going to be very hard for them to accept that their cherished portfolios may soon be worthless. Their only real hope is that somehow they get grandfathered in on dot RU, otherwise they are blown away. Not an easy message to accept. So in good historic traditions, they shoot the messenger.

strah
24th July 2006, 01:07 PM

New Internet users with pleasure would type addresses of a site on the native language such as idn.ru or even idn.idn
And old users categorically do not want to change an allocation of the keyboard. Traditions and frequently inexplicable conservatism is peculiar to our society.
Polls have shown that a web publishers do not aspire to make sites in idn zones. It is necessary any push, investments, that someone authoritative would start to make by the first projects in idn.com.
Then perhaps it becomes fashionable...
Only 20 % of Russian users prefer COM in comparison with RU

blastfromthepast
24th July 2006, 01:12 PM
who gives a shit anyway.

Well, the domenforum.net domain name owner as well as the posters can be prosecuted in the Russian courts for incitement of ethnic hatered.

strah
24th July 2006, 01:13 PM
By the way:
wordstat for "com" - 1490453
wordstat for "ru" - 7645880
Now users Unequivocally prefer ru.
Let's see trends Through a month ;)

Sorry guys, you have lost:
Google trends for ru and com for russians:
http://www.google.co.uk/trends?q=%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC%2C+%D1%80%D1%83&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all

thegenius1
24th July 2006, 01:35 PM

You wouldnt just be speaking for your domain buddies would you ? and this wouldnt be because All " Tasty " ones are Regd to Non-Russians would it ? LOL

strah
24th July 2006, 01:40 PM
You wouldnt just be speaking for your domain buddies would you ?
Wordstat and google trends speaking the same ...

touchring
24th July 2006, 01:40 PM
You wouldnt just be speaking for your domain buddies would you ? and this wouldnt be because All " Tasty " ones are Regd to Non-Russians would it ? LOL

Sour grapes?

bwhhisc
24th July 2006, 01:42 PM

I have seen fair amount of Russian name/address and Russian names/ US and European address in the whois. Maybe more than you might think. Seems "idners" concentrate on the high end of names for the most part. I imagine there are still millions of Russian 'niche' names and business names that are open and will soon be registered.

strah
24th July 2006, 01:46 PM
All " Tasty " ones are Regd to Non-Russians would it ? LOL
May be you are right ... So now there will be many opponents of accommodation of sites in this zone and there will be no friends and supports among Russian.
All of them will agitate for a zone idn.ru and idn.idn because it'd free

thegenius1
24th July 2006, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Strah

You wouldnt just be speaking for your domain buddies would you ?

Show me were it say russian search for Ascii more then words in there own native language ... is there main Language English , I think Not !

May be you are right ... So now there will be many opponents of accommodation of sites in this zone and there will be no friends and supports among Russian.
All of them will agitate for a zone idn.ru and idn.idn because it'd free

No domainer friends from your forum , who needs em ? LOL

blastfromthepast
24th July 2006, 02:02 PM
Let me give you a hint: .ru will go the way of .su and .com will remain.

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 02:03 PM

So, you are now trying to tell me that Russians search in English?

strah
24th July 2006, 02:03 PM
Show me were it say russian search for Ascii more then words in there own native language ... is there main Language English , I think Not !

If you have though any mathematical education or knowledge of statistics from this schedule all becomes clear:
http://www.google.co.uk/trends?q=%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC%2C+%D1%80%D1%83&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all
If it does not speak to you anything, well, to continue to soar in clouds of illusions further ...

So, you are now trying to tell me that Russians search in English?
The inquiry "com" in yandex reflects interest and popularity com zones among users.
The inquiry "ru" in yandex reflects interest and popularity ru zones among users.
For "ру" and "ком" result identical

bwhhisc
24th July 2006, 02:10 PM
If you have though any mathematical education or knowledge of statistics from this schedule all becomes clear:
If it does not speak to you anything, well, to continue to soar in clouds of illusions further ...The inquiry "com" in yandex reflects interest and popularity com zones among users. The inquiry "ru" in yandex reflects interest and popularity ru zones among users. For "ру" and "ком" result identical

And we used to travel around riding horses and mules!
Then technology changed things...

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 02:12 PM
If it does not speak to you anything, well, to continue to soar in clouds of illusions further ...

The inquiry "com" in yandex reflects interest and popularity com zones among users.
The inquiry "ru" in yandex reflects interest and popularity ru zones among users.
For "ру" and "ком" result identical

And this bizarre excuse for an argument is suppose to convince me that Russian prefer typing English or Latin Transliterations than they do their own language?

Dot RU is extemely popular and would probably remain so if it actually offers what people want. What people want is URL in their own characters and language. If Runic fails to deliver, it will be yesterdays dinner. Not very appetising!

And we used to travel around riding horses and mules!
Then technology changed things...

As a mathematician he should be aware that you cannot extrapolate beyond a cusp or discontinuity.

touchring
24th July 2006, 02:15 PM
Hmm, seems that a lot of kom traffic comes from Ukraine. Ukraine is a whole world of difference from Russia.

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 02:18 PM
Hmm, seems that a lot of kom traffic comes from Ukraine. Ukraine is a lot different from Russia.

Yes, dot RU not big there!

strah
24th July 2006, 02:28 PM
And this bizarre excuse for an argument is suppose to convince me that Russian prefer typing English or Latin Transliterations than they do their own language?

Russian prefer to search for the information on the native language. Mine bizarre excuse for an argument only
Has shown as far as zone RU is popular and known in comparison with COM. Many in Russia also do not know that such COM... In any case at a choice between idn.com and idn.ru (idn.idn) there are no bases to believe that any significant part will prefer com and com the future of the outsider expects.
Let's watch for trends "ком" and "ру"! Change of it trends will be the first signal that the future somewhere beside.
As it will be actually knows nobody. As speak at us in Russia - would Know cards- would live in Sochi.

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 02:33 PM
Russian prefer to search for the information on the native language. Mine bizarre excuse for an argument only
Has shown as far as zone RU is popular and known in comparison with COM. Many in Russia also do not know that such COM... In any case at a choice between idn.com and idn.ru (idn.idn) there are no bases to believe that any significant part will prefer com and com the future of the outsider expects.
Let's watch for trends "ком" and "ру"! Change of it trends will be the first signal that the future somewhere beside.
As it will be actually knows nobody. As speak at us in Russia - would Know cards- would live in Sochi.

Yes, if Runic delivered IDN.RU tomorrow, dot Com would face an uphill battle to get seriously established. The way things are going though it looks like Verisign is going to handed the deal on a plate.

strah
24th July 2006, 02:35 PM
Hmm, seems that a lot of kom traffic comes from Ukraine. Ukraine is a whole world of difference from Russia.
It is interesting feature of the schedule. Ukraine like com almost also strongly as RU.
RU it is slightly more... They have zone - ua, but it is not so popular.
In Moscow and Piter the ratio com and ru is terrible...

touchring
24th July 2006, 02:36 PM

Sochi? сочи? Hehe.

We talked so much, but at the end, all our interest is in knowing when runic will allow idn. Any cheap of registering .ru?

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 02:41 PM
It is interesting feature of the schedule. Ukraine like com almost also strongly as RU.
RU it is slightly more... They have zone - ua, but it is not so popular.
In Moscow and Piter the ratio com and ru is terrible...

We all fully understand that there is strongly loyalty to dot RU and there are many reasons for that.

The question is will Russians prefer Cyrillic.com or Latin.ru because as things are shaping up, that is the choice on offer?

rudomen
24th July 2006, 03:02 PM
I shall state the point of view.

YANDEX - the leader on Russian Internet, but Google - the world search system which can influence the world standards of search, and YADEX will follow innovations GOOGLE.

Russia - the difficult country for understanding.
There processes and becoming of the market proceeds on another, even market RU still not completely became.
If to recollect as earlier many zones (including ru) we shall see all over again hostility to novelties, and then boom of activity developed.

As soon as I shall be a site on IDN domains then the market will be developed{unwrapped}, and this business of time.

bwhhisc
24th July 2006, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=rudomen]I shall state the point of view. If to recollect as earlier many zones (including ru) we shall see all over again hostility to novelties, and then boom of activity developed. As soon as I shall be a site on IDN domains then the market will be developed{unwrapped}, and this business of time. QUOTE)

Nice to have an opinion that IDN.com will have a market niche in Russia.
I think all will be surprised :o at how BIG idn.com will be and how FAST it will all happen.
Even in Russia, IDN will make internet life more pleasurable and easy to use.

rudomen
24th July 2006, 03:34 PM
may be

Drewbert
24th July 2006, 05:08 PM
>The Fat, Stupid American is a stereotype, but with some statistical basis in truth.

"voters" ?

:)

bramiozo
24th July 2006, 08:46 PM

As long as you realize that idn is the way to go we're on the right track, the debate about ru v.s. com (py v.s kom as you wish) is pretty old and as you have in fact demonstrated ( ;) ) the use of .idn extensions is a sure thing for the russian market.

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 10:47 PM
who gives a shit anyway.

The Russians from Domenforum have made their impression on this forum.

Would I buy from them again? I'd rather cover my genitalia in fish-paste, and dangle them in a pool of hungry piranha.

Ewwww.... Мне это не нравится!

Nice to have an opinion that IDN.com will have a market niche in Russia.
I think all will be surprised :o at how BIG idn.com will be and how FAST it will all happen.
Even in Russia, IDN will make internet life more pleasurable and easy to use.

I think that even they believe that developed sites will make all the difference. That (parking pages) seems to be a chief complaint. Whether Japanese or Russian, developed sites on IDN.com domains will certainly make a huge difference. We have invested in the names, but we also have to invest some time or money into development. This is the next phase of the gold rush?

I took my sites down and parked my domains because I was getting zero return. That may be the reason I get good parking statistics. However, I am committed to having at least two native lanuage sites per language group by November. That is no small task, but I think it is time to bring the sites back up.

Beamerboy
24th July 2006, 11:41 PM

Well lucky for us you only represent a very small percentage of the Russian population,

As for your own opinions, you are entitled to them....... but dont try to ram them down our throats.

I would suggest you keep your opinions to yourself, and on the day of reckoning, if you are correct, then you can stand up, laugh and say "I told you so, you Yankee-suckers" :rolleyes: If you are wrong, then you wont have so much egg on your face

If you dont believe in IDN's what the hell are you doing here?

Most members of this forum have learnt very quickly, not to buy from most of the new russian flippers, due to the fact that what they are selling is crap....

Please dont insult our intelligence by trying to convince us IDN's are of no value, It will only make you look foolish. :)

24th July 2006, 11:50 PM
In addition, imo we have to remember that not only it is russia or any other country for that matter...and how they like/dislike the .com extension, but also here in the us there are in some cases huge communities that would no doubt prefere they're own "online home" in native language.

As if you look there are many sites cater to those communities with ascii domains (i.e russian community in ny,ca,recently growing in fl - or israeli communities in ny,ca)

can someone argue if take i.e the russian community in new york,with all its businesses,night life,restaurants etc all built to cater them only would not want to own and would immediately understand the advantage of the russian idn for newyork.com?

that said, it doesnt stop there, i will show u companies with 99.9% russian/israeli customers in any industry

burnsinternet
25th July 2006, 12:00 AM
Even in the worst case, I think there will be a place for IDN.com in countries outside Russia. I daresay that it will always have a place inside Russia.

If .net, .info, .org, etc. can thrive in the world, there will be a place in that world for IDN.com.

strah
25th July 2006, 01:03 AM
Ewwww.... Мне это не нравится!

I think that even they believe that developed sites will make all the difference. That (parking pages) seems to be a chief complaint. Whether Japanese or Russian, developed sites on IDN.com domains will certainly make a huge difference. We have invested in the names, but we also have to invest some time or money into development. This is the next phase of the gold rush?

I took my sites down and parked my domains because I was getting zero return. That may be the reason I get good parking statistics. However, I am committed to having at least two native lanuage sites per language group by November. That is no small task, but I think it is time to bring the sites back up.

You are absolutely right. If to buy domains on 7 dollars and nothing to do, wait while for them will start to redeem for the big money is not investments. If to choose such strategy, potential clients in one year or through two will leave in a zone idn.ru or idn.idn and will leave you at the broken trough.
Investments into idn.com it not simply purchase of domains. Are you ready to put hundreds and thousand dollars in development of each domain? Occurrence of 100 good sites in a zone russian.com will involve
The attention Russian in this zone is more than all news google, yandex and microsoft Taken together...
If the nearest year qualitative sites will not appear, the zone com becomes the outsider.

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 01:14 AM
You are absolutely right. If to buy domains on 7 dollars and nothing to do, wait while for them will start to redeem for the big money is not investments. If to choose such strategy, potential clients in one year or through two will leave in a zone idn.ru or idn.idn and will leave you at the broken trough.
Investments into idn.com it not simply purchase of domains. Are you ready to put hundreds and thousand dollars in development of each domain? Occurrence of 100 good sites in a zone russian.com will involve
The attention Russian in this zone is more than all news google, yandex and microsoft Taken together...
If the nearest year qualitative sites will not appear, the zone com becomes the outsider.

I think you are vastly overestimating the importance of the Russian Market. Russian names will only make up about 15% of my total portfolio and they were always regarded as a bit of an outside bet. However, we have a lot Russian cities which will almost certainly be reserved on dot RU as they were with dot JP. The development money will flow from Japanese Names or Chinese Names, although it is looking as though effective SEO of parking pages can be set up in a few days for Russia. We don't intend to develop all our domains as sites. We may not even develop any, who knows. You know what it is like Skiing in Zermatt, shopping in Milan, sunbathing in Capri. If I have the time I might develop a few. Much depends whether I can find some reliable Russian resident to do most of the Donkey work.

strah
25th July 2006, 01:16 AM
Well lucky for us you only represent a very small percentage of the Russian population,

As for your own opinions, you are entitled to them....... but dont try to ram them down our throats.

I would suggest you keep your opinions to yourself, and on the day of reckoning, if you are correct, then you can stand up, laugh and say "I told you so, you Yankee-suckers" :rolleyes: If you are wrong, then you wont have so much egg on your face

If you dont believe in IDN's what the hell are you doing here?

Most members of this forum have learnt very quickly, not to buy from most of the new russian flippers, due to the fact that what they are selling is crap....

Please dont insult our intelligence by trying to convince us IDN's are of no value, It will only make you look foolish. :)

Unless do i spoke that not believe in idn? I believe in id, especial in idn.ru and idn.idn. It too high-grade idn, isn't it? But nevertheless uncertainty is high. you want to know it whether or not, but there are some facts which to you become known if you will start to study Russian community and trends of development of Russian Internet, since 2001. My optimistic forecast in 5 years:
idn.ru+idn.idn+ascii.ru=75 % of the market
ascii.com = 15 % of the market
idn.com=10 % of the market
I am afraid that some people will not live until when idn become popular.
On transition of 50 % of the Russian users from windows98 to windows xp 3 years were required...
20 % of users till now use windows 98 and windows2000 and do not want new operational systems. In Russia very big park of out-of-date computers. I think on transition to Vista 50 % of users 3-4 years is required.

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 01:21 AM
Unless do i spoke that not believe in idn? I believe in id, especial in idn.ru and idn.idn. It too high-grade idn, isn't it? But nevertheless uncertainty is high. you want to know it whether or not, but there are some facts which to you become known if you will start to study Russian community and trends of development of Russian Internet, since 2001. My optimistic forecast in 5 years:
idn.ru+idn.idn+ascii.ru=75 % of the market
ascii.com = 15 % of the market
idn.com=10 % of the market
I am afraid that some people will not live until when idn become popular.
On transition of 50 % of the Russian users from windows98 to windows xp 3 years were required...
20 % of users till now use windows 98 and windows2000 and do not want new operational systems. In Russia very big park of out-of-date computers. I think on transition to Vista 50 % of users 3-4 years is required.

I think there is some truth in that. Average disposable income is still very low, much lower than many of the breakaway republics. I have invested quite a bit in Azerbajan, as they should have a much higher average living standard than much of Russia.

DomenForum.net
25th July 2006, 02:57 AM
Thank you for visiting and linking to my forum (1st. post).

I really do think that those who pay anything over $6.99 for domains that look like riugheuihrfuierf.com are dumb asses.

Domain that has no meaning and no possible traffic cost nothing, not even reg fee. That is my own opinion.

While you are wasting your precious time discussing my forum and what I said there, I am intensively registering more and more new IDN.

IDNCowboy
25th July 2006, 03:16 AM
Thank you for visiting and linking to my forum (1st. post).

I really do think that those who pay anything over $6.99 for domains that look like riugheuihrfuierf.com are dumb asses.

Domain that has no meaning and no possible traffic cost nothing, not even reg fee. That is my own opinion.

While you are wasting your precious time discussing my forum and what I said there, I am intensively registering more and more new IDN.
This contradicts what you said the other day by basically giving your idns the boot by trying to offload them here.

DomenForum.net
25th July 2006, 04:14 AM
Jeff (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/members/jeff.html), my post "The entire portfolio for sale" made some to slow down on new IDN registrations and gave me more time to find a nice ones still available.

In no way that was my entire portfolio :)

If domain names are considered property, we are playing a little political game here :)

IDNCowboy
25th July 2006, 04:17 AM
Jeff (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/members/jeff.html), my post "The entire portfolio for sale" made some to slow down on new IDN registrations and gave me more time to find a nice ones still available.

If domain names are considered property, we are playing a little political game here :)
Nope we all kept reggin cause we know IDN will reign supreme.
Didn't you see the snap sales of russian names the other day?
You can't even get a good russian name for less than $XXX

strah
25th July 2006, 04:38 AM
Is a lot of wishing to get a good Russian name for $XXX? :cool:

DomenForum.net
25th July 2006, 04:39 AM
Nope we all kept reggin cause we know IDN will reign supreme.

We all hope would be more correct.

Didn't you see the snap sales of russian names the other day?

Yes I did, but that proves nothing, yet .... it is still hope for me.

thegenius1
25th July 2006, 05:52 AM
Jeff, my post "The entire portfolio for sale" made some to slow down on new IDN registrations and gave me more time to find a nice ones still available.

If domain names are considered property, we are playing a little political game here

Hey IDNF members i suggest we let this thread sink , they are trying to derail people , or they are just non believers at the end of the day it only matters if they slow you down , I took the time to post this only after i bagged a handfull of nice new IDN's... I think these guys should get no more mind payed to them ;)

strah
25th July 2006, 06:19 AM
родина не продаётся ! 8) 8)

By the way, guys you would spend a pair of hundreds dollars for that to carry out marketing researches of the market of Russia better, to lead the analysis of demand on idn.com among Russians.
It would save to you a heap of time and money in the future. There is a real chance that you will be closed community which sells each other Russian idn (as amusing financial game or a financial pyramid)

touchring
25th July 2006, 07:02 AM

By the way, guys you would spend a pair of hundreds dollars for that to carry out marketing researches of the market of Russia better, to lead the analysis of demand on idn.com among Russians.
It would save to you a heap of time and money in the future. There is a real chance that you will be closed community which sells each other Russian idn (as amusing financial game or a financial pyramid)

The strah, you'll be surprised, a lot of domainers actually do not care about whether there is end user demand for the names - just take a look at the record sale on DNjournal, how many of those $xxx,xxx sale are sold to domainers (9 out of 10 are domainers) and at a price no end user will pay.

In comparison, $xxx is a piece of cake. Equivalent chinese character domains are already asking for low $xxxx.

This is the game many are playing - the only strategy - is to avoid being the last person carrying the baby. For ASCII names, the cutoff point was 1st quarter 2006 - the last chance to offload names.

For IDN what stage are we at now? Pre-IE7?

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 07:16 AM
This is the game many are playing - the only strategy - is to avoid being the last person carrying the baby.

"It's all about timing" - so what stage are we at now? Pre-IE7?

Yes, that is a concern for those carry potentially worthless ASCII domains. Latin transliterations of Russian aren't going to be worth J*ck Sh*t.

We are in a very funny phase at the moment, it is summer, a lot of people are already skint, and nobody has yet cracked the traffic problem decisively. However, it may be that IE7 isn't need to flame prices. There a number of things that could light the blue touchpaper. Release of IE 7.0 is just one of them.

strah
25th July 2006, 07:23 AM
The strah, you'll be surprised, a lot of domainers actually do not care about whether there is end user demand for the names - just take a look at the record sale on DNjournal, how many of those $xxx,xxx sale are sold to domainers (9 out of 10 are domainers) and at a price no end user will pay.

In comparison, $xxx is a piece of cake. Equivalent chinese character domains are already asking for $xxxx.

This is reality.

It is not serious. Market the relation are cost on concepts of a supply and demand, instead of on concepts of the individual transaction which sets a fashion to all market. Such outcome ir for example possible:
1) Indhvidual, loud sale on $10000 (probably arranged)
|
\/
2) An agiotage in the primary market of domains. Registration of 10000 domains by fans of a fast profit.
|
\/
3) Absence of sales so transaction N1 was accident or has been arranged. (economically it is not proved)
|
\/
4) In one year all 10000 domains are thrown out on a dump.

In benefit there was only a registrar, and perhaps a couple of speculators:)

So detailed studying of the market is more important than emotions.

touchring
25th July 2006, 07:24 AM
Yes, that is a concern for those carry potentially worthless ASCII domains. Latin transliterations of Russian aren't going to be worth J*ck Sh*t.

We are in a very funny phase at the moment, it is summer, a lot of people are already skint, and nobody has yet cracked the traffic problem decisively. However, it may be that IE7 isn't need to flame prices. There a number of things that could light the blue touchpaper. Release of IE 7.0 is just one of them.

A few factors moving the market:

1. ASCII sentiment -> which in turn follows the general economy -> stock market, real estate prices.
2. IE7 release -> this was what brought 95% of us here into IDN. The other 5% are farsighted pioneers.
3. SN factor -> having a few more post $2000 sale will boost the speculative demand.
4. Any more i missed out?

Krakow $1,999.00, just 1$ short. :p

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 07:26 AM
So detailed studying of the market is more important than emotions.

If you were to read the other threads on this forum rather than trying to spread disinformation, that is precisely what you would have.

strah
25th July 2006, 07:31 AM
For ASCII names, the cutoff point was 1st quarter 2006 - the last chance to offload names.

For IDN what stage are we at now? Pre-IE7?
You can show a trend on reduction of prices and demand on ascii domains? Any figures, the facts, proofs. is it simple bla-bla-bla ?

touchring
25th July 2006, 07:38 AM
You can show a trend on reduction of prices and demand on ascii domains? Any figures, the facts, proofs. is it simple bla-bla-bla ?

Chart? No, not chart, i've been buying and selling ascii since Sept, made $12k last year in just 3 mths, but did not offload my entire portfolio fast enough (still stuck with $6k inventory) - otherwise it will be perfect. My negligence, lack of discipline, i should have cut lost by February as my strategy wasn't really to hold. Now, i'll be lucky if i can offload my $6k inventory at one third or one quarter the cost.

I think i'm no expert in this ascii, domainguru and edwin can explain better.

For idn, my strategy is now opportunistic buying of good names. For auction, i'll set a max price i would pay for a name before the auction starts, and once the price is exceeded, i'll drop off, let others carry the baby.

It all about PRICE.

strah
25th July 2006, 07:52 AM
I do not see a trend on increase of interest to idn in the world:
http://www.google.com/trends?q=idn
While all search terms grow, "idn" is trambled down on a place.
Only in three countries the big interest to idn:
Germany, Hong Kong and Singapore.

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 07:58 AM
I do not see a trend on increase of interest to idn in the world:
http://www.google.com/trends?q=idn
While all search terms grow, "idn" is trambled down on a place.
Only in three countries the big interest to idn:
Germany, Hong Kong and Singapore.

And that is what you call serious research. That is moronic.

strah
25th July 2006, 08:01 AM
I think you are just not capable to comment on this schedule:)

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 08:08 AM
Oh, yes I am! This is the most flawd argument I have seen in a very long time.

Firstly, at best Google trends is comparative rather than quantative, so by just enering one term you don't even know whether you are talking about a few or a lot.

The main search for IDN do not relate to domain name at all as the acronym has many more popular uses.

Terminology is not universal. In China and Japan IDN are simply referred to as Chinese and Japanese names. Nobody cares that it is part of a universal system. All they care about is that it is written in their own language. When they are adopted in Russia, they will be referred to as "Russian Names" (written in as Russian in Cyrillic Script of course).

So, what have you proved? You have proved conclusively that you do not have a logical mind. No conclusions whatsoever can be deduced in regard to IDN.

alpha
25th July 2006, 08:12 AM
I think you are just not capable to comment on this schedule:)

*yawn.

anytime you want this thread locked down to stem these moronic responses - just say the word. :rolleyes: If we're still finding it entertaining... then carry on

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 08:14 AM
*yawn.

anytime you want this thread locked down to stem these moronic responses - just say the word. :rolleyes: If we're still finding it entertaining... then carry on

I think I have just landed a sucker combo, with a sly head butt thrown in for good measure, but give him a moment to see if he can haul himself back off the canvass, otherwise count him out on medical grounds.

strah
25th July 2006, 08:21 AM
Oh, yes I am! This is the most flawd argument I have seen in a very long time.

Firstly, at best Google trends is comparative rather than quantative, so by just enering one term you don't even know whether you are talking about a few or a lot.

The main search for IDN do not relate to domain name at all as the acronym has many more popular uses.

Terminology is not universal. In China and Japan IDN are simply referred to as Chinese and Japanese names. Nobody cares that it is part of a universal system. All they care about is that it is written in their own language. When they are adopted in Russia, they will be referred to as "Russian Names" (written in as Russian in Cyrillic Script of course).

So, what have you proved? You have proved conclusively that you do not have a logical mind. No conclusions whatsoever can be deduced in regard to IDN.

Yes, idn is an acronym. Overture speaks that in most cases under idn mean international domain name.
Let's look statistics:
Searches done in June 2006 in overture "idn"
Count Search Term
1217 idn
91 idn domain
51 icann or afilias or verisign or idn
48 idn magazine
47 idn acme
36 dominios idn
27 idn west

So specified by me schedule it is proportional to the validity, though in accuracy to it and not it ...
can you offer the best term than "idn" to trace trends of interest to international domain names in the world?

schedule N2 :)
This trend does not impress too : http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=idnforums.com
(small jump in last days are guys from namepros and domenforum, simply fluctuation)
I think Alexa would show a gain of attendance idnf not less than 10 % a month if having been the world the positive trend to idn would be. However it not so...

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 08:28 AM
Yes, idn is an acronym. Overture speaks that in most cases under idn mean international domain name.
Let's look statistics:
Searches done in June 2006 in overture "idn"
Count Search Term
1217 idn
91 idn domain
51 icann or afilias or verisign or idn
48 idn magazine
47 idn acme
36 dominios idn
27 idn west

So specified by me schedule it is proportional to the validity, though in accuracy to it and not it ...
can you offer the best term than "idn" to trace trends of interest to international domain names in the world?

Yes but the top level has many more than all the rest put together. The first four items in Google have nothing to do with domains. Neither do a very high percentage of the first several pages. You will have to do much better than this.
Many IDNers still call them Multilingual Domains. I have often said that within a few years the term IDN will be completely forgotten. Not because they have gone away, but because they will be an integral and ubiquitous part of the Internet fabric. They will simply be caused Domains.

strah
25th July 2006, 08:32 AM
I think I have just landed a sucker combo, with a sly head butt thrown in for good measure, but give him a moment to see if he can haul himself back off the canvass, otherwise count him out on medical grounds.
Your arguments are ridiculous. They do not explain why splashes in amplitude on the schedule
http: // www.google.com/trends?q=idn occur in points
a) ICANN launches procedures to improve IDN registrations transfer
e) Mozilla disables IDN to guard against Firefox flaw
d) Firefox update blocks up IDN security hole
The unique explanation of splashes in amplitude this that that this schedule to the full reflects interest in the world to idn.

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 08:42 AM
Your arguments are ridiculous. They do not explain why splashes in amplitude on the schedule
http: // www.google.com/trends?q=idn occur in points
a) ICANN launches procedures to improve IDN registrations transfer
e) Mozilla disables IDN to guard against Firefox flaw
d) Firefox update blocks up IDN security hole
The unique explanation of splashes in amplitude this that that this schedule to the full reflects interest in the world to idn.

Yes, well the "phishing" issue gained International press coverage. The arguments behind that were totally flawed as well. The imitation of Latin characters has been largely dealt with, and the overall risk of phishing was always going to be greater without IDN than with it. Very easy to trick people in an unfamilar script. The sad thing about all this, is that is just show how ego-centric the US has been over the governance of the Internet, and why the Internet should be steered by a body that represents a much wider spectrum of international opion.

Nothing here says anything very new to support your arguments, but it does show that IDN has survived many concerted attempts to kill it off. Of which, yours has to be one of the most misguided and pathetic, I have encountered to date.

strah
25th July 2006, 08:50 AM
Nevertheless from you I have not heard any figures, schedules, trends, statistics.
Only nothing the supported imaginations... If you well understand in idn, can you think up most the general term, witch it was possible to trace convincingly google trends?

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 09:08 AM
Nevertheless from you I have not heard any figures, schedules, trends, statistics.
Only nothing the supported imaginations... If you well understand in idn, can you think up most the general term, witch it was possible to trace convincingly google trends?

If you had been listening you would have realised there there is going to be different terms in different languages. That is what it is all about.

I am through. You can close the thread now Alpha.

strah
25th July 2006, 09:13 AM
That is you cannot offer even one local idn term, even for one language?

burnsinternet
25th July 2006, 09:16 AM
*yawn.

Shhh... We haven't had a good one like this in a while. Down in front. :p

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 09:20 AM

xn--eckwd4c7c777u7mwo4bc84j.net 日本語ドメイン名 Japanese Domain Name

http://www.google.co.jp/search?hl=ja&q=%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E%E3%83%89%E3%83%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E5%90%8D&btnG=Google+%E6%A4%9C%E7%B4%A2&lr=

burnsinternet
25th July 2006, 09:20 AM
I am through. You can close the thread now Alpha.

Fade to black.

Roll credits.

*clap* *clap* *clap* (applause)

touchring
25th July 2006, 09:35 AM

hehe, i found one for Chinese, has Google trends - http://www.google.com/trends?q=%E4%B8%AD%E6%96%87%E5%9F%9F%E5%90%8D&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all

strah
25th July 2006, 09:41 AM
hehe, i found one for Chinese, has Google trends - http://www.google.com/trends?q=%E4%B8%AD%E6%96%87%E5%9F%9F%E5%90%8D&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all
I do not know that it means, I do not have support of hieroglyphs, but in any case think it the good, constructive information
can Somebody will find in other language sstill ?
I think it an interesting theme and will convincingly prove a place idn in the world

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 10:01 AM
....I do not have support of hieroglyphs...

Give me strength! The first thing you do when you get into IDN is install the support for the varous Unicode Fonts. This is absolutely fundamental. Otherwise as many American ASCII domainers have commented, they all look the same (i.e little square boxes).

touchring
25th July 2006, 10:15 AM
I do not know that it means, I do not have support of hieroglyphs, but in any case think it the good, constructive information
can Somebody will find in other language sstill ?
I think it an interesting theme and will convincingly prove a place idn in the world

It just means "chinese domains".

blastfromthepast
25th July 2006, 11:00 AM

You think so? If that were true, then the Russian IDNers would not be selling.

DomenForum.net
25th July 2006, 11:21 AM
You think so? If that were true, then the Russian IDNers would not be selling.

They are selling because it is not true :)

+ "Родина" and cyrillic IDN's have nothing in common

bwhhisc
25th July 2006, 11:30 AM
my post "The entire portfolio for sale" made some to slow down on new IDN registrations and gave me more time to find a nice ones still available. In no way that was my entire portfolio. If domain names are considered property, we are playing a little political game here :)

Will we soon see your voice of support for IDN over at your forum?

Or, are you convincing your brothers that IDN.com are worthless while you register them yourself?

Maybe you can show us a few registrations done in the last 2 weeks to show us you are indeed registering?
Credibility is important here, as you may have noticed.

PS- nice to see you are back in the game.

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 11:35 AM
Or, are you convincing your brothers that IDN.com are worthless while you register them yourself?

Even for a Russian IDNer, it would be a tough call maintaining two public guises on two separate forums, where there are substantial number of shared members!

bwhhisc
25th July 2006, 11:44 AM
Even for a Russian IDNer, it would be a tough call maintaining two public guises on two separate forums, where there are substantial number of shared members!

I agree with that, but it seems to be the case. He can summarize better what is the facts. He clearly stated he was bailing out on idns here at IDNF, now states it was just a ruse. Curious what he has published at his forum, or has he flip-flopped at both?
Maybe just a change of mind...

alpha
25th July 2006, 01:12 PM
is that it?

I have a few comments:

Domenforum: where do you stand? You've flipped flopped more times than I care to remember; either you have a very complex strategy or you are talking b*llocks and making it up as you go along

Strah: IDN is an English term. Example, do you think people living in the "third World" call themselves the "third world" ? - of course not. Those stats on the "IDN" term are utterly worthless.

DomenForum.net
25th July 2006, 01:40 PM
Maybe you can show us a few registrations done in the last 2 weeks to show us you are indeed registering?
Credibility is important here, as you may have noticed
Here is a sample list

I deleted it!

DomenForum.net
25th July 2006, 01:41 PM
I have a few comments:

Domenforum: where do you stand? You've flipped flopped more times than I care to remember; either you have a very complex strategy or you are talking b*llocks and making it up as you go along

I have very compleх strategy ;)

energia
27th July 2006, 01:20 PM

It's an overstatement. Please don't speak for all the Russians here. I've got a nice portfolio of Russian names, some of them have an extremely high traffic already now. I'm making money and I like it.

It's a stupid stereotype that Russian men have and sometimes support, I guess, to keep Russian women away from American guys...lol... I think, American men are extremely handsome and smart...

... especially the ones living in KC ;)

Rubber Duck
27th July 2006, 01:25 PM
I have very compleх strategy ;)

Which seems to mainly consist of selling Russian IDN at quite repectable prices, given current market conditions.

strah
27th July 2006, 02:09 PM
It's an overstatement. Please don't speak for all the Russians here. I've got a nice portfolio of Russian names, some of them have an extremely high traffic already now. I'm making money and I like it.

I doubt that some holders Russian idn have even 500 Russian hosts total in day... Average 1 host on the domain it already supersuccess... he-he-he
What is extremely high traffic, In your opinion ? It is seems gamble to me ...
For example ascii domain like photo.ru have 1500 typo visitors in day
How much фото.com have ?

Rubber Duck
27th July 2006, 02:27 PM
I doubt that some holders Russian idn have even 500 Russian hosts total in day... Average 1 host on the domain it already supersuccess... he-he-he
How much фото.com have ?

Yes, and how many don't register because there is no IDN support in the browser? We have all been over these arguments 100 times. To use direct traffic comparisons in this way is to have totally missed the point!

energia
27th July 2006, 02:48 PM
How much фото.com have ?

I don't think you can compare the traffic for these domains at this point, you just need to see the perspective, that's what matters. Oh well, but if you insist...

приколы.com (stats for last month at ND): views 1325, clicks 524

Not too bad for a Russian domain at this stage, huh?

Rubber Duck
27th July 2006, 02:54 PM
I don't think you can compare the traffic for these domains at this point, you just need to see the perspective, that's what matters. Oh well, but if you insist...

No that is fairly impressive for a language that has little browser support to date, even in FF now it would seem, and a culture that apparently finds the dot com extension repugnant.:p

strah
27th July 2006, 04:15 PM

I think it is very good result. Unfortunately it more likely exception than a rule, probably the best your domain. If Russian localizations firefox 2.0 and IE7 will be on former to transform the typed names of domains in punycod any end user will not want to develop the project on such domain and it will be possible to use only as parking page.

Rubber Duck
27th July 2006, 04:27 PM
I think it is very good result. Unfortunately it more likely exception than a rule, probably the best your domain. If Russian localizations firefox 2.0 and IE7 will be on former to transform the typed names of domains in punycod any end user will not want to develop the project on such domain and it will be possible to use only as parking page.

Yes, it probably is, but at least it is one of hers. Are the examples you quote actually yours?

There have been many stumbling blocks on the way to fully implementing IDN. FF's incomprehensible decision to revert to punycode has been a mere speck in the eye. This is not difficult for them to reverse, and even Microsoft would not appear to be quite this crass. In any event these are minor problems which can be rapidly resolved, by anyone who actually wants a part of the Russian browser market.

touchring
27th July 2006, 04:53 PM

Great traffic, welcome to post here - http://www.idnforums.com/forums/2486-study-top-views-and-clicks-for-various-languages-4.html

We need more stats. All this arguing is a plain waste of time, just refer to the stats thread. :)

jose
27th July 2006, 06:17 PM

Who/what is PRIKOL?

27th July 2006, 06:35 PM
means cool (prikolna)

energia
27th July 2006, 07:00 PM
Who/what is PRIKOL?

It's a slang generic term, means "something funny" (a noun), which can refer to jokes, funny stories, pictures, videos and cartoons

blastfromthepast
27th July 2006, 08:03 PM
Who/what is PRIKOL?

That domain that has the droit.

jose
27th July 2006, 08:20 PM
Main reason for traffic, IMHO, is this top site:

Прикол.нет - Лучшие фотоприколы и веселые картинкиОгромная коллекция фотоприколов и веселых картинок: прикольные, компьютерные, спортивные, про животных, рекламные, автомобильные, политические и др.
www.prikol.net/

And the top domain, прикол.net was registered just one month ago! ARGH!

thefabfive
27th July 2006, 10:20 PM
Main reason for traffic, IMHO, is this top site:

Прикол.нет - Лучшие фотоприколы и веселые картинкиОгромная коллекция фотоприколов и веселых картинок: прикольные, компьютерные, спортивные, про животных, рекламные, автомобильные, политические и др.
www.prikol.net/
I'm not sure about that. I don't see this [singular ASCII].net providing any traffic to [plural IDN].com. Also прикол.com doesn't get nearly as much traffic as приколы.com.

jose
27th July 2006, 10:33 PM
I'm not sure about that. I don't see this [singular ASCII].net providing any traffic to [plural IDN].com. Also прикол.com doesn't get nearly as much traffic as приколы.com.

Ok. That's why I inserted "IMHO" on my post. I have a domain in Spanish that gets lot's of traffic because of the identical site in non IDN format and thought it could be the same case. Cheers.