PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Increase? Wishful thinking?

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 10:10 AM
I know I brought this up about my French domains, but now I am seeing a clear pattern of increased traffic. Anyone else?

Korean and Portuguese domains that had never been viewed are now getting local (Asia & Latin America) traffic. Arabic domains are getting more Other traffic and Russian, French, and Spanish are definitely getting more local traffic now. My Japanese, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, and others are relatively flat, but not decreasing. Traffic is clearly up about 80% in the last 30 days. Clicks are not increasing quite as much, but are clearly increasing, too.

I thought it was domainer traffic, and that may still be the case in some instances. However, domainers usually don't click, right?

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 10:36 AM
I know I brought this up about my French domains, but now I am seeing a clear pattern of increased traffic. Anyone else?

Korean and Portuguese domains that had never been viewed are now getting local (Asia & Latin America) traffic. Arabic domains are getting more Other traffic and Russian, French, and Spanish are definitely getting more local traffic now. My Japanese, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, and others are relatively flat, but not decreasing. Traffic is clearly up about 80% in the last 30 days. Clicks are not increasing quite as much, but are clearly increasing, too.

I thought it was domainer traffic, and that may still be the case in some instances. However, domainers usually don't click, right?

And the seasonally adjusted stats?

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 10:45 AM
Do you have numbers for seasonal adjustment? I didn't expect an increase until August, but I don't have hard data to compare on any generally expected seasonal trend. My ASCII domains are not showing an increase nearly as sharp. My ASCII peaked in June, and July has been slower.

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 11:01 AM
Do you have numbers for seasonal adjustment? I didn't expect an increase until August, but I don't have hard data to compare on any generally expected seasonal trend. My ASCII domains are not showing an increase nearly as sharp. My ASCII peaked in June, and July has been slower.

I was just pointing out that there is normally a slump in ASCII traffic at this time of year.

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 11:15 AM
I was just pointing out that there is normally a slump in ASCII traffic at this time of year. Hmmm.... Has your historical IDN data shown a similar trend/slump? My IDNs are going through the roof this month and I am not sure what is happening.

touchring
24th July 2006, 12:22 PM
Have you drilled down to individual domain level, you might have a few domains that got indexed or linked and traffic shot up 5 or 10 times, thus increasing your overall total.

Like Drewbert, i've not seen any statistically significant increase although Japanese did increase by quite a bit, but we'll need a few months data to confirm the trend. Fab also made a similar observation.

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 11:47 PM
For the most part, it is across the board. I'll keep you posted. Maybe it is just a lucky hiccup. Thanks!