View Full Version : Russian domain translation help please

markits
24th July 2006, 03:01 PM
I have just registered four Russian domains based on yandex stats (with ext):

сетевой.com 107
использование.com 115
фоток.com 124
перехват com 140

I don't know these terms' meaning. Could someone here help me translate them? Also, are they good domains?

Thanks in advance.

blastfromthepast
24th July 2006, 03:04 PM
Also, are they good domains?

No.

сетевой.com 107 the .com of a network
использование.com 115 - the-use-of-something-once (non recurring use, use and throw away)
фоток.com 124 of photos [slang]
перехват com 140 [possibly illegal] recapture-of-something-that-is-being-held-by-force

markits
24th July 2006, 03:22 PM
Thanks blast, how about these four?

описание.net
платы.com
даны.com
дана.com

blastfromthepast
24th July 2006, 09:39 PM
описание.net - description
платы.com - payments/motherboards/cards(computer)
даны.com - they were given -
дана.com - she was given -

burnsinternet
24th July 2006, 11:16 PM
Yandex/Wordstat scores for one word will remain constant even when the word changes. For example, one month база will have 600k Wordstat and then the next month базы will have 600k Wordstat. Wordstat scores are not like Overture scores. Always double-check your words with another index. Google trends does not always give a clear picture, either.

Check the word in Ovt USA, Google, Yandex, Yahoo, and Google Trends along with your translation software. If it always seems to be the object of a preposition or is always paired with another word, translate those words, too. Reverse translate the word from your language to Russian and check that word in Wordstat, Ovt, etc. too. Get a clear picture of the word before you register. The few times I have missed out on a good .com while checking it out are nothing compared to the hundreds of times I would have wasted my money. Ask a trusted soul, if you can.

Things are different now. If it seems to good to be true, check it out first. A year ago, gold nuggets were laying on the ground. Now, we see much more 'fools gold'.