PDA

View Full Version : Live auctions and setting one up -- Thoughts

mulligan
24th July 2006, 07:31 PM
What do you all think?

Have one every week or two weeks?
I can run it -- we could use Skype or MSN?

You submit your names for auction and we all 'meet' once a week/two weeks for a live auction...

I am just guaging the level of interest -- If enough I will set it up and finalise the details

If interested please state whether you would mainly be a seller or a buyer -- Results are anonymous

Vote your preferences in the poll -- Comments welcome

rudomen
24th July 2006, 07:35 PM
Not everyone can gather during one time
Not everyone speak in one language
imho

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 07:37 PM
What do you all think?

Have one every week or two weeks?
I can run it -- we could use Skype or MSN?

You submit your names for auction and we all 'meet' once a week/two weeks for a live auction...

I am just guaging the level of interest -- If enough I will set it up and finalise the details

If interested please state whether you would mainly be a seller or a buyer -- Results are anonymous

Vote your preferences in the poll -- Comments welcome

Idea is probably good in principle but I think I will abstain until there is clear evidence of serious buyer interest on the usual sales threads.

Having said that I am now devoting my efforts to trying to get my PPC indexed. If that pays off then we won't be selling period!

touchring
24th July 2006, 07:43 PM
Idea is probably good in principle but I think I will abstain until there is clear evidence of serious buyer interest on the usual sales threads.

Having said that I am now devoting my efforts to trying to get my PPC indexed. If that pays off then we won't be selling period!

Despite what we have seen for SN, auctioning might not always be the best way to sell one's name when the market is "more selective". Another way is to create a 100-300 name shopping list and invite offers. It might be necessary to state OVT and last 30 day's traffic.

Rubber Duck
24th July 2006, 07:59 PM
Despite what we have seen for SN, auctioning might not always be the best way to sell one's name when the market is "more selective". Another way is to create a 100-300 name shopping list and invite offers. It might be necessary to state OVT and last 30 day's traffic.

Trust me, anonimity will soon be the name of the game!

jose
25th July 2006, 12:10 AM
I have been saying this for ages. Live auctions can drive prices up a lot due to the momentum irrational emotional state of the buyers.

http://www.chatcreator.com/chatap/rooms/idnliveauction/

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 12:57 AM
Second thoughts. I have been SEOing our PPC pages today. Got about 200 names done. If these come through in a serious way, we will be in and buying.
It is clear to me that is those with an early revenue stream that are going to buy the market North and clear up a lot of good names in the process.

touchring
25th July 2006, 05:35 AM
Trust me, anonimity will soon be the name of the game!

Yes, if you go by what some guys on Domainstate are saying.

I have been saying this for ages. Live auctions can drive prices up a lot due to the momentum irrational emotional state of the buyers.

http://www.chatcreator.com/chatap/rooms/idnliveauction/

Irrational? who?

Second thoughts. I have been SEOing our PPC pages today. Got about 200 names done. If these come through in a serious way, we will be in and buying.
It is clear to me that is those with an early revenue stream that are going to buy the market North and clear up a lot of good names in the process.

Cool, start showing your visitors some relevant content.

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 07:02 AM
Cool, start showing your visitors some relevant content.

Well this is a really interesting concept, and potentially very lucrative. Also, they should not Sandbox like name you index and park, because the indexed information remains constant.

Furthermore, we may be able to get a sufficient number of domains ranked in search to shake up the SEO industry in Japan. If that happens it will be like putting a spark to a powder keg.

mulligan
25th July 2006, 12:41 PM
RD -- Are you now URL forwarding instead of nameservers?

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 01:13 PM
RD -- Are you now URL forwarding instead of nameservers?

Yes, working through them as all URL forwarding has to be done individually and Titles, Keywords and Descriptions need to be done individually. Don't forget you need to reset your Nameservers to Regristar's before forwarding. If everyone does this and it works, the SEO guys are going to start seeing a lot of our parking pages. That will start to ring a few alarm bells.

touchring
25th July 2006, 02:37 PM
Yes, working through them as all URL forwarding has to be done individually and Titles, Keywords and Descriptions need to be done individually. Don't forget you need to reset your Nameservers to Regristar's before forwarding. If everyone does this and it works, the SEO guys are going to start seeing a lot of our parking pages. That will start to ring a few alarm bells.

Wow, you going to custom make for every name? Is there some software that feed in names and output the pages?

Olney
25th July 2006, 03:09 PM
I'd probably suggest starting with ones that should get high number of clicks or the click price is high...

Wow, you going to custom make for every name? Is there some software that feed in names and output the pages?

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 03:14 PM
I have a system, it involves half a dozen copy and past a couple of look up operations. I am finding it much easier to work through the list. I am not doing anything highly complexed at this stage as we can always go for complexity later.

Does anyone know how long one should expect to wait before getting and search rankings? I know there is no precise answer, but a guess would be good.

No, but it is not as bad as it sound once you get your system worked out.