PDA

View Full Version : Seo

Explorer
25th July 2006, 06:48 PM
Would it be beneficial if after redirecting and getting indexed we exchange links by language? Would the number of links help SEO ranking? Is it legal/ethical, by the way? What are your thoughts?

thefabfive
25th July 2006, 07:09 PM
Sedo has rules against linking to parked pages. I'm assuming ND has similar policies. Indexing can get you some boost in PPC but it is no substitute for IE7.

IMO

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 07:44 PM
Indexing can get you some boost in PPC but it is no substitute for IE7.

IMO

No, any benefit that you get from Indexing is in addition to the benefit of IE 7.0.

As this technique is clearly not that commonly used on ASCII, we really have no idea how well it will work, but because it effectively has 100% browser support, the results may be surprising, especially if IDN give substantial SEO advantage.

The answer is we won't know until we try, and you won't know for sure until you try it on your own domains.

Olney
25th July 2006, 09:13 PM
Getting many backlinks is bad.
Getting our IDN pages indexed is just the same thing that ASCII parked pages has.
ASCII domains are indexed correctly instantly. Even if the show up on a mediocre related search, the ads on the parking page is what we care about. If it is related the CTR should be sufficient.

Just start thinking in terms like this.

The big Domaining Conference...

It's not called TYPEINS...

It's called TRAFFIC

rhys
25th July 2006, 10:29 PM
Getting many backlinks is bad.
Getting our IDN pages indexed is just the same thing that ASCII parked pages has.
ASCII domains are indexed correctly instantly. Even if the show up on a mediocre related search, the ads on the parking page is what we care about. If it is related the CTR should be sufficient.

Just start thinking in terms like this.

The big Domaining Conference...

It's not called TYPEINS...

It's called TRAFFIC

Just an SEO newb so please forgive me, Olney, why is it bad to have many backlinks? Isn't this one part of the SE algorithim for determining relevance?

To be perfectly clear on what is good and bad. Is a single or two or three backlinks actually very helpful while having 20 or 30 backlinks might get you blacklisted?

Rubber Duck
25th July 2006, 10:37 PM
Just an SEO newb so please forgive me, Olney, why is it bad to have many backlinks? Isn't this one part of the SE algorithim for determining relevance?

To be perfectly clear on what is good and bad. Is a single or two or three backlinks actually very helpful while having 20 or 30 backlinks might get you blacklisted?

As I see the problem with backlinks is that you cannot park something that is backlinked. If you can managed without backlinks aren't you going to end up with a lot more parked domains. I suppose if it has a major impact then it could outweigh the cost. Is the quality of backlinks important? Can interesting dot nets be used for this purpose?

Olney
25th July 2006, 11:09 PM
I'm not proposing we do SEO work (not full anyway) to our parked domains.
A backlink (one or 2) to your parked page somewhere to get it indexed. I believe this doesn't really get us in trouble with the parking services.

Link Building - the process of getting many relevant backlinks on a parked page is what I wouldn't recommend. This is against the terms of the programs (as far as I know)

but.....

A domain that has backlinks before being parked.... No matter how many seems to be OK.

That's the situation with drops.

thegenius1
25th July 2006, 11:12 PM
Link Building - the process of getting many relevant backlinks on a parked page is what I wouldn't recommend. This is against the terms of the programs (as far as I know)

Yeah has anybody located the ND Terms of Service ? because i sure cant find it , and i read over another companies today and it said nothing about back links, but a host of other things

thefabfive
25th July 2006, 11:12 PM
I'm not proposing we do SEO work (not full anyway) to our parked domains.
A backlink (one or 2) to your parked page somewhere to get it indexed. I believe this doesn't really get us in trouble with the parking services.

but.....

A domain that has backlinks before being parked.... No matter how many seems to be OK.

That's the situation with drops.
My thoughts exactly.

strah
26th July 2006, 01:13 PM
By the way i think that Google can blacklisted domains, parked at namedrive, because for visitors with different ip addresses it shown dfferent pages. It called cloaking http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloaking Page is indexed by google as the English page, and the visitor with Russian ip adress will see other contents of page than he saw in serp ...

touchring
26th July 2006, 01:22 PM
By the way i think that Google can blacklisted domains, parked at namedrive, because for visitors with different ip addresses it shown dfferent pages. It called cloaking http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloaking Page is indexed by google as the English page, and the visitor with Russian ip adress will see other contents of page than he saw in serp ...

Google would probably not blacklist domains parked at namedrive.

Why? Because the ads served by namedrive are Google ads. Namedrive is a Google ad partner.

But i'm not sure for the case of url forwarding or 'seo' since the page is altered.

strah
26th July 2006, 01:24 PM
Google won't blacklist domains parked at namedrive.

Why?

Because the ads served by namedrive are Google ads. Namedrive is a Google ad partner.
It sound nice

touchring
26th July 2006, 01:36 PM
Also, i hear that some parking companies do much better Google than others, people giving examples of SERP dropping from #1 to #500 after changing parking company.

I not seen anyone going into details though. Maybe experienced guys with ASCII names can comment.

strah
26th July 2006, 01:56 PM
Several days ago Google indexed my Russian domains, not looking on that that they are parked on namedrive. In the first day they were on the first page google serp, but traffic was very small as in serp I could see them only from the address
http: //www.google.com/search?hl=en
From the address http://www.google.com/search?hl=ru they were somewhere very far in serp...
Now it is very far in serp at both language options. I blame wrong delivery of pages by Namedrive. It should give out Russian pages for googlebot then there will be a sugar

blastfromthepast
26th July 2006, 01:58 PM
I see ads on Google itself that go to other Parking pages that show more ads from Google.

Clearly, this is a "back link" and one that is promoted right on Google.

If Google accepts ads like this, what is there to worry about having few links?

touchring
26th July 2006, 02:05 PM
Several days ago Google indexed my Russian domains, not looking on that that they are parked on namedrive. In the first day they were on the first page google serp, but traffic was very small as in serp I could see them only from the address
http: //www.google.com/search?hl=en
From the address http://www.google.com/search?hl=ru they were somewhere very far in serp...
Now it is very far in serp at both language options. I blame wrong delivery of pages by Namedrive. It should give out Russian pages for googlebot then there will be a sugar

Yes, there was speculation on this - http://www.idnforums.com/forums/5174-the-reason-why-japanese-traffic-is-low-theory.html.

But you've provided a case to prove it.

Now, it's up to Namedrive to fix it.

Olney
26th July 2006, 02:12 PM
strah there are some instances where cloaking is OK. NameDrive is part of Google's Adsense Domain parking Program. Currently the bots are picking up content from the US while natives are seeing content & ads in their native language.

Sedo & NameDrive are already fully aware of this as I've personally contacted the two onsite reps. They are both working to resolve issues with parking.

The parking service for IDNs is new & some overlooked a few things. My field is international SEO so I saw what was the problem.

Don't worry we won't be blacklisted. Whatever they do is under Google's guidelines, moreso a lot of it is under Google's control...

nielsencl
26th July 2006, 04:18 PM
I was surprised to hear that some parking services would not want links pointing to their pages, what's up with that? What possible reason could they have for not wanting what should be a benefit to them (while the domain is hosted with them)?

On the other side, I can see why SE would not want links pointing to "sites" that have limited or 'duplicate" content. Despite the profit factor for Google, I don't think they want to encourage or promote sites that are designed more for the site owner than the visitor.

Olney
26th July 2006, 04:30 PM
Parking services don't control the Ads services. The just provide the connection between the ads & domainers. They too have to play by the rules of the Ad suppliers...

I was surprised to hear that some parking services would not want links pointing to their pages, what's up with that? What possible reason could they have for not wanting what should be a benefit to them (while the domain is hosted with them)?

On the other side, I can see why SE would not want links pointing to "sites" that have limited or 'duplicate" content. Despite the profit factor for Google, I don't think they want to encourage or promote sites that are designed more for the site owner than the visitor.