PDA

View Full Version : AT&T scaling up their IPTV plans

rhys
26th July 2006, 12:13 AM
I know some of you guys are interested in IPTV from a domains and general broadband penetration perspective. So here is part of a longer article for you fellows.

AT&T upbeat over results of IPTV launch
Financial Times

Updated: 28 minutes ago
AT&T, the largest US telecommunications group, said on Tuesday initial customer response to its internet-based internet protocol TV service, launched last month, was "extremely positive."

The San Antonio-based carrier, which is pioneering IPTV delivery in the US in order to compete directly with its cable TV rivals, provided the update on the AT&T U-verse video service rollout during its second quarter earnings announcement.

AT&T is targeting 62,000 homes in the first phase of the commercial rollout of the service in San Antonio, Texas. The service is built around a new fibre optic network dubbed "Project Lightspeed." This uses FTTN (fibre to the node) technology and Microsoft IPTV software.

Rick Lindner, AT&T's chief financial officer, said the company expects to have signed up 10 per cent of its target audience by the end of this month and is on track to roll out commercial services – including high definition service – in 15 to 20 markets by the end of this year, a little later than previously planned.

"We feel very good about how the service is performing and the technology we are using," said Mr Lindner.

AT&T said it expected the cost of Project Lightspeed to reduce 2006 earnings by 5 cents to 7 cents a share, rather than the 8 cents to 10 cents it forecast in January.

Wot
26th July 2006, 01:56 AM
Good news and a chance to roll out some of my better Thai regs :)

ไอพี.com IP xn--v3c3aza1d.com

ไอพีทีวี.com IPTV xn--o3cn2av5bbb7i.com

ไอพี.tv IP xn--v3c3aza1d.tv