PDA

View Full Version : Russian translation question

burnsinternet
26th July 2006, 12:33 PM
бесплатно скачать? скачать бесплатно?

Which order is correct? I have always thought it was скачать бесплатно.

US Overture is no help. Google trends are roughly equal. Google pages are roughly equal. Yandex pages are almost double for "скачать бесплатно" but Wordstat shows бесплатно скачать at 1,252,880.

I have one as .net and one as .com and I have always wondered if one or both are terribly wrong.

strah
26th July 2006, 12:45 PM
Is Traffic prompt you?
скачать бесплатно better in 10 times

burnsinternet
26th July 2006, 12:54 PM
No. One is .net and one is .com so it is hard to compare. Thank you for confirming that.

rofsjan
26th July 2006, 02:53 PM
бесплатно скачать? скачать бесплатно?

Which order is correct?

Both orders are correct.

Personally I prefer "скачать бесплатно".

burnsinternet
26th July 2006, 04:46 PM
OK. Thank you.

скачатьбесплатно.com was taken the month before, so I picked up скачатьбесплатно.net and бесплатноскачать.com at the time. The statistics looked pretty good and скачать бесплатно looked better back then.

Time will tell if it was a good gamble.

khurtsiya
10th May 2007, 09:47 AM
wordstat.yandex shows same overture for both, but the frase there is "скачать бесплатно"
Basicly both are right.
So do You have any traffic?

burnsinternet
11th May 2007, 05:01 AM
Yes, but I am sure that the dot com of скачать бесплатно would be better than both скачатьбесплатно.net and бесплатноскачать.com. Long term, they are both keepers for me, though.

Dang, this was posted almost a year ago...

filmlion
12th May 2007, 03:37 AM
скачать бесплатно is how i would search. but бесплатно скачать is also correct (grammatically even more correct than the first version, it's just that people search differently) it's like how would search? download free or free download? :)