PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Sedo parking? :(

daem0n
23rd January 2006, 09:18 PM
I've had a few Japanese IDNs parked at Sedo for a while now but I can't get any keywords to "green-light" on me...they always come back red. I've taken good keywords from Adwords in Japan and made sure everything was ok. The only thing I'm not sure of is maybe the way I'm inputting the keywords is wrong. I originally went into sedo.cn to put my IDNs into the system and afterwards I just logged into sedo.com to put the Japanese characters in. In their system it always lists the keyword Japanese characters as numbers or non-sense so I'm thinking that their interface doesn't like the UTF characters. What interface are you guys using to input your Japanese keywords?...the sedo.cn or sedo.com and how are you doing it? Thanks a lot for any help, -Joe

Rubber Duck
23rd January 2006, 10:05 PM
I've had a few Japanese IDNs parked at Sedo for a while now but I can't get any keywords to "green-light" on me...they always come back red. I've taken good keywords from Adwords in Japan and made sure everything was ok. The only thing I'm not sure of is maybe the way I'm inputting the keywords is wrong. I originally went into sedo.cn to put my IDNs into the system and afterwards I just logged into sedo.com to put the Japanese characters in. In their system it always lists the keyword Japanese characters as numbers or non-sense so I'm thinking that their interface doesn't like the UTF characters. What interface are you guys using to input your Japanese keywords?...the sedo.cn or sedo.com and how are you doing it? Thanks a lot for any help, -Joe

I use Sedo CN. The architecture is very similar so its not so difficult.

Dave

daem0n
23rd January 2006, 10:08 PM
I use Sedo CN. The architecture is very similar so its not so difficult.

Dave

So you just input the Japanese character keywords in through the .cn website and it you get your keywords approved?

Rubber Duck
23rd January 2006, 10:25 PM
So you just input the Japanese character keywords in through the .cn website and it you get your keywords approved?

Yes I think approval is pretty much automatic once they are accepted. They are accepted if Google has Keyword bids in the Sedo database. Having said that I am not sure whether at the moment you woud not earn more on English Keywords. Google still isn't that big in Japan. Anyway it irrelevant at the moment as my portfolio is pointed at this site!

Dave

daem0n
25th January 2006, 08:38 AM
I've input my keywords in Chinese a few times and this is what I get back from Sedo... It's not even uniform! They gave me the keyword "careers" for a domain that has nothing to do with that and I didn't even suggest that keyword. You can see what the others look like...doesn't make any sense to me. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to use Chinese/Japanese because I'm getting type-in traffic and would like to at least make pennies while I can.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/attachments/forum8/3-sedo.jpg?d=1138181890

Rubber Duck
25th January 2006, 08:44 AM
I've input my keywords in Chinese a few times and this is what I get back from Sedo... It's not even uniform! They gave me the keyword "careers" for a domain that has nothing to do with that and I didn't even suggest that keyword. You can see what the others look like...doesn't make any sense to me. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to use Chinese/Japanese because I'm getting type-in traffic and would like to at least make pennies while I can.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/attachments/forum8/3-sedo.jpg?d=1138181890

That doesn't look like the Sedo.cn interface.

Dave

daem0n
25th January 2006, 09:19 AM
This is what it looks like from sedo.cn - much worse and not any more sense.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/attachments/forum8/4-sedo2.jpg?d=1138184365

touchring
25th January 2006, 09:28 AM
I've given up fine-tuning Chinese and Japanese domains on Sedo. I think i'll wait for Sedo to use Yahoo or Baidu for ads. The Japanese and Chinese aren't going to click on English ads.

In comparison, my European domains are performing like 50-100 times better in terms of conversion.

Olney
25th January 2006, 12:38 PM
Yeah it's a HUGE mistake putting the Japanese interface under the Chinese interface.
That's like expecting Spanish people to go through the French Interface to control their domains.

Japanese people CAN'T READ CHINESE......
The characters are a bit different & have different meanings.

I barely make out a few things on the Chinese forums by recognizing just a little word that remotely looks like what it looks like in Japanese....

daem0n
25th January 2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah it's a HUGE mistake putting the Japanese interface under the Chinese interface.
That's like expecting Spanish people to go through the French Interface to control their domains.

Japanese people CAN'T READ CHINESE......
The characters are a bit different & have different meanings.

I barely make out a few things on the Chinese forums by recognizing just a little word that remotely looks like what it looks like in Japanese....

Yeah, thinking about it, you're right. I guess I just figure for my kanji sites it might make a bit of profit in the meantime. Hopefully some good parking options will come up soon.

-Joe

rhys
26th January 2006, 12:40 AM

Japanese people CAN'T READ CHINESE.........

I totally agree with this sentiment. :mad:

BTW, Does anyone know anyone working on a Japanese solution?