PDA

View Full Version : Occupation/Profession Survey

touchring
27th July 2006, 06:32 AM
We had an age survey, a mother tongue survey, how about a what's your occupution or profession survey. :p

=====================================================================

"Housewife" option, on second thoughts, should be changed to "Housewife/Househusband".

Made a mistake - should have put in Student option. Students, please choose 'Others'.

rhys
29th July 2006, 05:04 AM
Why does it have to be "marketing executive" - what if you are some other type of executive?

touchring
29th July 2006, 10:46 AM
hehe, because domain and the internet is also about marketing, so it will be good to know the number of people here with that expertise.

networker
29th July 2006, 11:43 AM
Retired Millionaire 2 7.14%

Interesting..

bwhhisc
29th July 2006, 11:45 AM
Retired Millionaire 2 7.14% Interesting..

Interesting it is. There are many ways people think of themselves as millionaires.
The true measure is often defined as "liquid assets"

networker
29th July 2006, 11:49 AM
Interesting it is. There are many ways people think of themselves as millionaires.

Definitely. I'm a millionaire in assets - purely because of my real estate assets, but far from a "liquid millionaire".

bwhhisc
29th July 2006, 11:55 AM
Definitely. I'm a millionaire in assets - purely because of my real estate assets, but far from a "liquid millionaire".

The 'love canal" incident changed a lot of thinking, even Donald Trump almost went bankrupt at one point with the collapse of his leveraged real estate holdings. Thats why they say "Cash is King". lol

networker
29th July 2006, 11:59 AM
The 'love canal" incident changed a lot of thinking, even Donald Trump almost went bankrupt at one point with the collapse of his leveraged real estate holdings. Thats why they say "Cash is King". lol

Again, true, luckily most of my real estate assets are far from inflated prices, and has very, very little chance in retracting in value - there's always a need for fertile farmland right in the heart of the Midwest :)

Rubber Duck
29th July 2006, 12:02 PM

Well, I am not sure on that one. My father is a millionaire several times over, but his assets are very illiquid. They don't need to be, he never spends any of it!

bwhhisc
29th July 2006, 12:08 PM
Well, I am not sure on that one. My father is a millionaire several times over, but his assets are very illiquid. They don't need to be, he never spends any of it!

I am just saying how some surveys measure of the number of "millionares" (are calculated) as they compare growth of this catagory in statistical analysis. I would rather have a million riches of family and children. However, having 'both' can be good as well. Anyway, a million ain't what it used to be...

Prodigy
29th July 2006, 12:19 PM
\ I would rather have a million riches of family and children.

You're still young Bill, a couple more daughters and sons in the house won't kill nobody ;)

Rubber Duck
29th July 2006, 12:29 PM
I am just saying how some surveys measure of the number of "millionares" (are calculated) as they compare growth of this catagory in statistical analysis. I would rather have a million riches of family and children. However, having 'both' can be good as well. Anyway, a million ain't what it used to be...

A Million $US won't buy you a half decent house in many parts of the UK.

networker
29th July 2006, 12:44 PM
A Million $US won't buy you a half decent house in many parts of the UK.

Exactly.

A million is a lot - don't get me wrong - but it's all in relation to the location and living costs. A million in California for instance is chump change, in the Midwest - you can live off of it for life.

bwhhisc
29th July 2006, 01:32 PM
Exactly. A million is a lot - don't get me wrong - but it's all in relation to the location and living costs. A million in California for instance is chump change, in the Midwest - you can live off of it for life.

I keep seeing ads for Costa Rica where you can "retire like a king" on $25 a day! lol

You're still young Bill, a couple more daughters and sons in the house won't kill nobody ;)

Hold on now...my son is going off to college this year.
My daughter turns 14. It's YOUR turn to have the fun.
And with the many young employees at our business I feel like I am raising dozens of kids sometimes!

touchring
29th July 2006, 01:48 PM

I've seen people coming with a group "Millionaire - excluding one's home".

bwhhisc
29th July 2006, 01:56 PM
I've seen people coming with a group "Millionaire - excluding one's home".

So there may be more than a few millionaires here just on the value of their idn porfolios :o

Rubber Duck
29th July 2006, 02:02 PM
So there may be more than a few millionaires here just on the value of their idn porfolios :o

I wouldn't exactly call those liquid assets at the moment!

It always worries me with Americans just how many Zeros we are talking about. As a millionaire is clearly someone with a lot of money, but the billion has been devalued by a factor of 10^3 and a Trillion 10^6. We only need for inflation to get out of control, which is not difficult to envisage in a nation spending beyond its means, before we end up with Million being worth more than a Billion or perhaps even more than a Trillion.

bwhhisc
29th July 2006, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't exactly call those liquid assets at the moment!

It always worries me with Americans just how many Zeros we are talking about. As a millionaire is clearly someone with a lot of money, but the billion has been devalued by a factor of 10^3 and a Trillion 10^6. We only need for inflation to get out of control, which is not difficult to envisage in a nation spending beyond its means, before we end up with Million being worth more than a Billion or perhaps even more than a Trillion.

Neither would I, that was just a bit of a joke since touch has seen a classification of "all assets" except for primary residence. That leaves things wide open to valuation. Thats why I earlier said 'liquid assets' is the best true measurement according to some.

Rubber Duck
29th July 2006, 02:16 PM
Neither would I, that was just a bit of a joke since touch has seen a classification of "all assets" except for primary residence. That leaves things wide open to valuation. Thats why I earlier said 'liquid assets' is the best true measurement according to some.

Well, I wasn't and it only takes a gaff from the intellectually challenged GW, with the rest of the nation being too repectful to correct him, and we Brits end up throwing another set of Britannica's into the skip.

bwhhisc
29th July 2006, 02:33 PM
Well, I wasn't and it only takes a gaff from the intellectually challenged GW, with the rest of the nation being too repectful to correct him, and we Brits end up throwing another set of Britannica's into the skip.

Guess thats why Britannica has gone to an online version as well.

touchring
29th July 2006, 03:51 PM
I keep seeing ads for Costa Rica where you can "retire like a king" on $25 a day! lol

Hold on now...my son is going off to college this year.
My daughter turns 14. It's YOUR turn to have the fun.
And with the many young employees at our business I feel like I am raising dozens of kids sometimes!

$25 a day is $750 a month, 6000 RMB, 28,000 Baht, 34,000 Rupee, lots of money in rural cities of many places. With good budgeting, it's even enough to throw in a full-time domestic worker to cook your meals, clean your home, go to the market, and give you an ocassional massage to your joints. :p