PDA

View Full Version : HELL NO for Indian IDNs

kartik786
29th July 2006, 01:05 AM
I just went thru the blunders made by everyone here by purchasing hindi domain names.

Let me tell you why.

First of all, there is no operating system which serves hindi. If there is no one is aware of it .

Millions of people living in metro cities and even some affluent high income families in India dont own a pc , and if they do, they dont have a internet connection.

If they do have a internet connection or a pc, its quite obvious that they will be having a good knowledge of ENGLISH language and they would waste time searching on google for hindi names.

Villagers seldom have computers. Only the LEET to be specific and even those have keyboards with english characters. It would be a pain in the neck just to learn how to type a word in hindi from a english character keyboard.

I stay in Mumbai, which is one of the best cities in India and is also known as business hub.

Trust me guys, dont waste you money on these Hindi IDN's .

PS : These are just my views and you might want to laugh on it.. but its what I feel as an indian.

Rubber Duck
29th July 2006, 01:37 AM
I just went thru the blunders made by everyone here by purchasing hindi domain names.

Let me tell you why.

First of all, there is no operating system which serves hindi. If there is no one is aware of it .

Millions of people living in metro cities and even some affluent high income families in India dont own a pc , and if they do, they dont have a internet connection.

If they do have a internet connection or a pc, its quite obvious that they will be having a good knowledge of ENGLISH language and they would waste time searching on google for hindi names.

Villagers seldom have computers. Only the LEET to be specific and even those have keyboards with english characters. It would be a pain in the neck just to learn how to type a word in hindi from a english character keyboard.

I stay in Mumbai, which is one of the best cities in India and is also known as business hub.

PS : These are just my views and you might want to laugh on it.. but its what I feel as an indian.

Well you may win or you may loose on Hindi. The stuff you have shown us so far aren't worth reg fee and never will be.

IDNCowboy
29th July 2006, 01:40 AM

Let me tell you why.

I don't think you've studied the U.S. market either... It is good to research before jumping in and regging.

Sorry but your domains aren't even worth reg fee.

Rubber Duck
29th July 2006, 01:41 AM
I suspect he will be on here as early as next week trying to flip a few Hindi!

Probably just another of those complex strategies we keep hearing about:p

Olney
29th July 2006, 01:44 AM
This is a discussion
& he stated it's HIS opinion...
Perhaps he can inform us more about India...

Most are investing for long term...

I work with Programmers in India & though many have computers.

You don't think this generalization will change in the next 5 to 10 years?

I don't think those investing are looking for immediate changes...

IDNCowboy
29th July 2006, 01:50 AM
This is a discussion
& he stated it's HIS opinion...
Perhaps he can inform us more about India...

Most are investing for long term...

I work with Programmers in India & though many have computers.

You don't think this generalization will change in the next 5 to 10 years?

I don't think those investing are looking for immediate changes...
Hi Olney,

We stated our opinion about his domains for the U.S. market.
I've also done business with many people in India.. It seems that according to them many ppl there are starting to get connected.

gammascalper
29th July 2006, 02:01 AM

You may think they're crap, but many others do not. That's what's important.

If you find good or great Hindi IDN, there will be people interested in them. Sell them or trade them for IDN in markets that you do think have promise.

IDNCowboy
29th July 2006, 02:12 AM
domenforum claimed a while back that Russian IDNs are worthless so he could register more IDNs while we weren't looking

People native to Japan have also said IDNs are garbage.....

so there never seems to be 100% approval.

blastfromthepast
29th July 2006, 02:14 AM

No problem. I own Mumbai.com in almost every other Indian language, except Hindi.

drbiohealth
29th July 2006, 03:09 AM
There is absolutely nothing new is your message. What you mention here has all been discussed before on this forum and elsewhere n-times. It amazes me that you are not even aware that MS OS is now available in all major Indian languages including Hindi. Typing any Indian language is not a problem, check out http://www.baraha.com/ . You don't seem to sense the trend which can be your best friend .. ;).

They say, greater the uncertainty higher are the stakes/returns. And that's precisely because of uncertainty that you still have "good though not tier I" Indic names available. Go to English domain market (with negligible uncertainty and tested model) and tell me how many even mediocre domains are still available there.

Here is something from a recent news item,

The starting point of this initiative is that people in India prefer to use their own language for computing.

Raman: For most of the people living in rural areas, the first issue is that they don't have Internet connectivity. Even if connectivity does improve, and people are able to get on the Internet, the basic problem they would still face is using the computer, because the applications would be in English. We thought that if we could make some basic tools like the browser available in the local language, people will start using this software without having to learn a new language. English is used by only about 5 percent of people in the country, and if we want people to start using computers, we can't expect them to go learn English. So there is a huge market out there for computing in local languages, which is why Microsoft is offering Indian-language versions of their products.

http://www.pcwelt.de/news/englishnews/114859/
http://www.hindu.com/2006/07/28/stories/2006072818160900.htm
http://www.itnewsonline.com/showstory.php?storyid=4843&scatid=8&contid=1

Let me tell you why.

kartik786
29th July 2006, 10:34 AM
It was a advice.. take it or leave it ...

If my domains are worth reg fee or no totally depends on how well you can do with it :) . You might have said that 500words.com is a crap domain but it made the owner millions .

Newayz, its just my opinion that a villager will never use a native OS or a keyboard in his native language because the whole education system is in english in cities . Unfortunately, in villages where people " might " want to have such computers and keyboards, their per capita income does not allow them to buy proper food, forget about computers.

Aah well.. those who have already invested will keep looking for a silver lining.

But I do hope that the newbies who dont even know anything about Hindi do some research and stay away from it :)

bwhhisc
29th July 2006, 11:31 AM

Thanks for posting your opinion. It gives everyone a chance to step back and reevaluate their positions and in what markets they are 'speculating' on idns. Be interesting to see what happens in India over the next 3- 5 years. Many people have already held their idns 7 years, so this is not a new thing.

Do keep in mind that there are very inexpensive laptops (about $100) coming onto market starting next year, and will eventually reach out to rural areas around the world. Maybe individuals cannot afford to own them, but perhaps will take access at internet cafes, shops, or other public places. I think people will like to see URLS in native scripts. They will be good attention getters, directly accessable by IE7. Advertising agencies will certainly gave much fun (maybe selfi$hly) advertising them on behalf of their clients. Many indiviuals in India may want to "reserve" their personal favorite too.

Prodigy
29th July 2006, 11:45 AM
We're standing at a pivotal point where the net will be changed for the better, forever. Don't say that simply because the infrastrucutre currently doesnt exist, that IDNs will never take off. It's short-sighted to the point of ignorance.

There's a solution to allow the internet to finally become a truly global mechanism and you are saying that one of the world's fastest growing economies will give it a pass? Market dynamics and my fat wallet say you're wrong.

I don't own anything in Hindi or Punjabi, but market dynamics and consumer demand say that this is a natural progression. Maybe you'll sit on your Indian IDNs a little longer, but I would definitely wait another 1-2 years and pay miniscule reg fees to put 1-2 million in my pocket.

Rubber Duck
29th July 2006, 12:48 PM

If my domains are worth reg fee or no totally depends on how well you can do with it :) . You might have said that 500words.com is a crap domain but it made the owner millions .

Newayz, its just my opinion that a villager will never use a native OS or a keyboard in his native language because the whole education system is in english in cities . Unfortunately, in villages where people " might " want to have such computers and keyboards, their per capita income does not allow them to buy proper food, forget about computers.

Aah well.. those who have already invested will keep looking for a silver lining.

But I do hope that the newbies who dont even know anything about Hindi do some research and stay away from it :)

Well it is difficult to square your reasoning with the number of Hindi web pages already in existence. If you search on समाचार, Google gives 885,000 results. If what your saying is correct that either means Google is imaging the whole thing or these pages must have been created by Space Aliens for Space Aliens.

It is not just Hindi:

કામ (Gurjarati) 13,100

ಸುದ್ದಿ (Kannada) 57,800

দান (Bangla) 91,900

தேடல் (Tamil) 195,000

ਖਾਤਾ (Punjabi) 41,900

drbiohealth
29th July 2006, 03:07 PM
That's a typical statement from a person staying in a big city like Mumbai.

You would be astonished to hear that the real affluence is under progression not in big Indian cities but smaller ones.

According to a survey conducted a year back by a leading hindi newspapers (I don't remember where I had posted): rate of rise in demand of consumer items like credit cards, cars, etc was heavily skewed in favor of smaller Indian cities.

You sound more like a short term trader from whose perspective what you say may be correct. However, I personally wouldn't budge before 3-5 yrs.

Let's do some calculations for worst case scenario,

Let's say you buy 100 IDNs for 5 years -> your cost 100x7x5 =$3500=Rs 175000. Cmon' that a pittance for what you could potentially get in returns. Moreover, losing this much amount also will not bankrupt you! So, what's the crib?

Dave, your समाचार is a killer.. :)

Unfortunately, in villages where people " might " want to have such computers and keyboards, their per capita income does not allow them to buy proper food, forget about computers.

Rubber Duck
29th July 2006, 03:13 PM
Well it might be sour grapes, but that is the point. For India at least it is not yet too late, particularly for someone with local language skills. Even if you were not a long-term investor, there is probably a gap in the market for a Hindi flipper.

29th July 2006, 05:12 PM
IMO and i think most will agree that hindi is one of the more long term languages,
as i am not a native or in anyway claim to know much of the indian market i can only say after visiting india in places that are not considered major cities i.e dahrhamsala,rishikesh,manali - in everyone of these cities there is at least 1 internet cafe where the locals go to use the internet and with time more and more will have access from they're homes (the only place they had hindi on they're machines is there - obviously there is a need)

Also, India has 1,095,351,995 (July 2006 est.) people.
even if you take 5% (just over 50 million) it still is more then some other languages that most agree are valuable and bring some traffic today even.

Rubber Duck
29th July 2006, 05:21 PM
IMO and i think most will agree that hindi is one of the more long term languages,
as i am not a native or in anyway claim to know much of the indian market i can only say after visiting india in places that are not considered major cities i.e dahrhamsala,rishikesh,manali - in everyone of these cities there is at least 1 internet cafe where the locals go to use the internet and with time more and more will have access from they're homes (the only place they had hindi on they're machines is there - obviously there is a need)

Also, India has 1,095,351,995 (July 2006 est.) people.
even if you take 5% (just over 50 million) it still is more then some other languages that most agree are valuable and bring some traffic today even.

To clarify, although there is traffic, none of it seems to be currently locally based.

There also appear to be no Google Adwords at present, so even if traffic were available you could not actually monetize it. However, roll the clock back six months and the rest of the World was in much the same boat.

If you have only been in this game a short time it is difficult to appreciate the ever increasing momentum in the IDN market. A year ago we were still in the Glacial Period. Now IDN is slow moving express engine that is still building up a head of steam. By this time next month, you will hear three peeps on the whistle.

Yes, Hind probably is the guard's van at the back.

kartik786
29th July 2006, 07:54 PM
It would be really good if you visited some yahoo chat rooms of india.

When i visit a chat room in china or taiwan.. people usually write in their language.. whereas visit a chat room for any specific region of india.. be it delhi mumbai or gujrat.. you guys dont see anyone chatting in the hindi language...

Love.com can be " Pyaar.com " in hindi .. and a india might search for " PYAAR " than using the regional language keyboard.

And there might be headlines in newspapers speculating on new technology and HINDI keyboards and blah blah.. but people down here know that no company uses a regional language to communicate formally.. and no company would even think of having such keyboards.... The march for india is towards globalisation and english centric communications rather than the local languages...

This is just to give you a insight and you still might hold on to your opinion and I dont actually care if the ones who have already invested in think of it as a " NOT NEEDED Advice " ... The message is just for the newbies and localites who might think its a great opportunity and try to grab domains and then end up like that chinese student with no money for college education.

touchring
29th July 2006, 08:06 PM
It would be really good if you visited some yahoo chat rooms of india.

When i visit a chat room in china or taiwan.. people usually write in their language.. whereas visit a chat room for any specific region of india.. be it delhi mumbai or gujrat.. you guys dont see anyone chatting in the hindi language...

Love.com can be " Pyaar.com " in hindi .. and a india might search for " PYAAR " than using the regional language keyboard.

And there might be headlines in newspapers speculating on new technology and HINDI keyboards and blah blah.. but people down here know that no company uses a regional language to communicate formally.. and no company would even think of having such keyboards.... The march for india is towards globalisation and english centric communications rather than the local languages...

This is just to give you a insight and you still might hold on to your opinion and I dont actually care if the ones who have already invested in think of it as a " NOT NEEDED Advice " ... The message is just for the newbies and localites who might think its a great opportunity and try to grab domains and then end up like that chinese student with no money for college education.

We understand your message. All this is about gambling. People buy lottery all the time with 0.00001% chance of winning - but chances are much higher with IDNs. All newbies enter the IDN market with the knowledge that they may lose the gamble.

Here, people are betting that India's "englishlisation" will reverse and people will start to type in mother tongue. It could well happen in the future, no one can predict for sure if it won't happen. For all you know, with China taking over the world's manufacturing infrastructure, in 50 years, people everywhere will be learning chinese instead of english, the same with India.

Rubber Duck
29th July 2006, 08:12 PM
No, the basic point is that Englishisation never really happened in the way that most people assume.

To give you some idea how this works. Take Algeria. At home everyone spoke Arabic. At work everything was done in French.

In the 1980's the government decided that French was not as useful as English, so they decided that the business language would swap from French to English and that instead of intructing in French all schools would convert to English as soon as possible.

Which language will they access the Internet in English or French? Well of course the answer is neither!

kartik786
29th July 2006, 08:18 PM
Id rather buy the .in domain or the .co.in domains..

Like khabar.in .. the news domain IDN that you own on is pronounced as Khabar and that will be more popular than the IDN ...

Akhbar.com ... means newspaper ... You can have a variant to khabar as akhbar .... India has soo many languages.. I hear former prime minister VP singh used to speak about 35 langauges .... the choice is yours though... Hindi marathi tamil bangla urdu sanskrit.. the same words can be said in soo many different ways...

Maa , aai , aama, baa <== used to call " MOM " .

Ill end the discussion here.. Wise ones know whats best for them :)

touchring
29th July 2006, 08:31 PM
No, the basic point is that Englishisation never really happened in the way that most people assume.

To give you some idea how this works. Take Algeria. At home everyone spoke Arabic. At work everything was done in French.

In the 1980's the government decided that French was not as useful as English, so they decided that the business language would swap from French to English and that instead of intructing in French all schools would convert to English as soon as possible.

Which language will they access the Internet in English or French? Well of course the answer is neither!

Well, it's all about global power, currently, the power is in the Anglo world, so naturally everyone is learning English in school. This paradigm might shift - it is already shifting, you can't maintain global power and forefront expertise without the factories! It's already happening, IBM PC, Siemens Mobile, Rover, one by one.

First, they will make cheap parts for you (oem outsourcing) - you will transfer some lesser technology to make those parts, next, they will try and sell their own local brands, after that, they will export their brands, next, they will take over your brands (those low margin brands that you dispose because they are unprofitable), and last, with that market reach and hr obtained from the low margin brands, they start selling high margin goods.

Now india is completely dependent on anglo outsourcing - this is easy and quick money with minimal investment (just internet connection, table, chair and PC), but at the same time, extremely risky. A good Indian government will address this over dependency issue on just a single market.

Rubber Duck
29th July 2006, 08:36 PM
Well, it's all about global power, currently, the power is in the Anglo world, so naturally everyone is learning English in school. This paradigm might shift - it is already shifting, you can't maintain global power and forefront expertise without the factories!

Yes, but all this is to miss the point. It is the language people use when they relax that is important. The girl from the Call Centre may speak excellent English on the phone, but what language does she use when she is on a drink break or meal break, at home with her family? It is that which will determine which she will go shopping in.

a2zofb2b
29th July 2006, 10:17 PM

Kartik,
Your post call for a good debate and validation of why some of us have registered Hindi IDN's .
To your point, best hindi IDN's are all registered, hence there is no point registering junk ones.

Indian IDNs are still speculative buys and before Hinidi IDNs get popular the Hindi search needs be be popular.

There are many reasons for Hindi searches are not popular
1) Not all regional sites are unicode encoded.
2) Although, google may show lot of results for keyword most of them are not useful.
3) Major search engines (http://content.msn.co.in/Hindi/Default, http://www.google.com/intl/hi/ do not have friendly search interface .

What if they major sites start migrating to Unicode encoding and major search engine starts introducing better search Interface like
http://www.raftaar.com/

Would your opinion change?

(We get 100 page views and about 25 -50 searches per day with our mediocre interface at www.Hindi.co.in ).

drbiohealth
30th July 2006, 02:43 AM
This is bound to happen. That's the reason why Americans have slowly but surely started to learn Chinese. No wonders!

For all you know, with China taking over the world's manufacturing infrastructure, in 50 years, people everywhere will be learning chinese instead of english, the same with India.

bwhhisc
30th July 2006, 03:11 AM
This is bound to happen. That's the reason why Americans have slowly but surely started to learn Chinese. No wonders!

Slowly is a good term. I already got these two down pat just hanging around here! 房产 and 房地产

On a serious note, that is very true that international languages have become of much importance in schools here.

blastfromthepast
30th July 2006, 03:48 AM
Slowly is a good term. I already got these two down pat just hanging around here! 房产 and 房地产

On a serious note, that is very true that international languages have become of much importance in schools here.

Seriously, hanging around with IDNs makes you slowly learn the language itself.

I'm sure most of you would by now find yourself walking around Tokyo or Beijing and you would say wow! I know what that means, even though you had not idea how to pronounce it or write it.

IDNCowboy
30th July 2006, 03:57 AM
Seriously, hanging around with IDNs makes you slowly learn the language itself.

I'm sure most of you would by now find yourself walking around Tokyo or Beijing and you would say wow! I know what that means, even though you had not idea how to pronounce it or write it.
they should do a model domain selling business in high school to teach foreign languages

play with fake $ and get ppl to recognize the words by trading/selling idns :P

After a while people will know how to read it

bwhhisc
30th July 2006, 04:22 AM
Seriously, hanging around with IDNs makes you slowly learn the language itself. I'm sure most of you would by now find yourself walking around Tokyo or Beijing and you would say wow! I know what that means, even though you had not idea how to pronounce it or write it.

And don't forget Taipei! :o 台北

burnsinternet
30th July 2006, 10:41 AM
I know that some of us actuallly make $$ on Hindi, etc. IDNs.

kartik786, I have only one ASCII.IN domain. It is a killer name. Not one view. Not one click. Ever.

touchring
30th July 2006, 10:43 AM

Gee, i wonder how you people recognize foriegn characters. I can never recognize my arabic idns - have to refer to my excel every time. Sometimes, different arabic idns look the same even though they are different.

a2zofb2b
30th July 2006, 02:47 PM
I know that some of us actuallly make $$ on Hindi, etc. IDNs.

kartik786, I have only one ASCII.IN domain. It is a killer name. Not one view. Not one click. Ever.

I am curious to find out who makes $$ on hindi IDNS.
(Unless namedrive pages are being indexed on google for that domain)

ASCII.IN will take few more years.
We have parked some of our ASCII.co.in and we make $$/month on few of them and our CTR is atleast 33% on all ASCII.co.in.

drbiohealth
30th July 2006, 02:50 PM
I had loads of pretty decent .in domains. Same scene, no traffic on them even though we all know that internet in India as of now is all "English". I sold them them off except a few of them. The biggest problem I have with .in and co.in domains is that both these extensions are on equal footings "memory recall" wise.

a2zofb2b
30th July 2006, 04:05 PM
I had loads of pretty decent .in domains. Same scene, no traffic on them even though we all know that internet in India as of now is all "English". I sold them them off except a few of them. The biggest problem I have with .in and co.in domains is that both these extensions are on equal footings "memory recall" wise.
Rajesh,
I do not agree with you.
Currently, .co.in has strong "memory recall" value .

Both .in & .co.in are getting more popular.

Of the top 1000 Indian sites listed in Ranking.com
100+ are .com
250+ .co.in
300+ .in (some companies have changed thier .co.in sites to .in)
50+ .gov.in
(no wonder, wot gets close to 45,000+ visitors on his gov.co.in)
100+ .ac.in

OldIDNer
30th July 2006, 04:23 PM
I agree, my experience shows ascii co.in does perform better than .in though both are doing better

wot sure got some hellacious .co.ins!

touchring
30th July 2006, 04:24 PM
Rajesh,
I do not agree with you.

100+ are .com
250+ .co.in
50+ .gov.in
100+ .ac.in

Wow! 45,000 views on gov.co.in, this really puts idn into shame. That's why we should always look beyond just one type of domain. There are gems everywhere!

mulligan
30th July 2006, 04:26 PM
A few of the .in & .co.in's I have -- Traffic? More people visit the top of सगरमाथा than visit these... They're not the best but not the worst either...

Intrestingly I expect to lose my sexlife.in shortly as I read somewhere (Hindustan Times?) that it was a blunder on the behalf of the registry to allow .in 'sex' names... What truth there is in this I dont know as I see sex.in is still registered to its original owner...

clubhouse.in
paise.co.in
sexlife.in
girltalk.in
boytalk.in
cricketline.in
worldcricket.in
leverage.co.in
highlife.in
postgrad.in
postgraduate.in
blushingbride.in
moneymarket.co.in
moneymarkets.co.in
cashfast.in
marketprice.in
gains.in
returns.in
leverage.in
overdraft.in
telcom.in
italk.in
echat.in
capitalgains.in
guidebook.in
housecall.in
marketforce.in
marketforces.in

OldIDNer
30th July 2006, 04:30 PM
Wow! 45,000 views on gov.co.in, this really puts idn into shame. That's why we should always look beyond just one type of domain. There are gems everywhere!

best to diversify - always aiming for top names...

touchring
30th July 2006, 05:18 PM

That's true, but it's a whole new research when aiming for other kinds of domains. Time is a limited resource.

OldIDNer
30th July 2006, 05:22 PM
just a matter of using your time wisely

kartik786
30th July 2006, 05:26 PM
I still think . in and its varients are better than IDNs :D

Rubber Duck
30th July 2006, 05:34 PM

Well, looking at your signature strip, THINKING clearly isn't your forte!

mulligan
30th July 2006, 05:45 PM

I get more traffic from one fairly lousy Russian IDN.net than all my .in & .co.in's put together (I have about 200 .in & .co.in's -- The majority of which will be dropped next January/Feburary)

kartik786
30th July 2006, 05:46 PM
Some people think they know everything.. but only the wise know that there is more to everything than everything...

This statement is obviously out of your league to understand... I never asked you to appraise my domains so its better you stop talking about my signature strip and work on yours because it seems thats your full time job .. while mine isnt .

kartik786
30th July 2006, 05:47 PM
I get more traffic from one fairly lousy Russian IDN.net than all my .in & .co.in's put together (I have about 200 .in & .co.in's -- The majority of which will be dropped next January/Feburary)

Sorry i gave the wrong impression. I meant .in and .co.in are better bets than hindi idns

Rubber Duck
30th July 2006, 05:51 PM
Some people think they know everything.. but only the wise know that there is more to everything than everything...

This statement is obviously out of your league to understand... I never asked you to appraise my domains so its better you stop talking about my signature strip and work on yours because it seems thats your full time job .. while mine isnt .

No, and I never really asked you to appraise my entire Indic portfolios, but you have seen fit to trash them anyway, along with everyone elses. How do we assess the value of your opinions? Well we look at your track record. We actually know very little about you. But what we do know is that you have a small portofolio of very crappy ASCII domains, most of which are not even dot coms. This combined with the fact that your opinions directly contradict the view of the Indian Government would seem to make your opinions only fit for derision, which is precisely what you are bound to receive, if you keep forwarding them in this irritating manner.

Sorry i gave the wrong impression. I meant .in and .co.in are better bets than hindi idns

Well it sounds as though for a small premium over reg fee Mulligan will supply you with your hearts desire. Come on, make the guy an offer! You'll never get a better chance that this to fill your boots with a lot of very good dot IN!

a2zofb2b
30th July 2006, 06:13 PM

Well said.
In addition, I would say go after High Ranking keywords (tweek it to your local country. )
Use the following post by Olney as reference.
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/104-high-ranking-keywords.html

drbiohealth
30th July 2006, 06:24 PM
Unless its a regularly visited top brand site, I would find it difficult to distinguish between the two extensions in/co.in for a generic term. I don't know but somehow I don't feel comfortable with two equal level competing guys. .com remained .com till today simply because .net could never reach its level. I don't say there won't be any market for them, but just that they might be too similar to have any "great" potential individually in traffic terms.

I had a few co.in domains, like bonus.co.in and a few others and I sold them all as well.....almost no traffic.

Regarding the ranking you have shown, that's no surprise to me as I don't expect a zero market for them simply because, i) people there want to have a web presence now, ii) no decent .com is available to them, and iii) now they have a choice in co.in/.in.

The bone of contention, however, is the "traffic" on generic names in these extensions. Even with all "English" internet surfers in India today, there is hardly any traffic in these exts. in proportional terms. Below is just a sampling of co.in on US overture. You would observe that most of these names are popular brands and not generics. Talking about generics with ext, sex.co.in receives just 321 points and gov.in is at 521 while I see no entry for gov.co.in. If gov.co.in indeed receives the awesome amount of traffic that you have quoted, then it should have shown atleast some entry in the US overture. However, there is none.

I would be curious to know what traffic your co.in domains receive, particularly those that are not indexed by Google.

2045 google co.in
479 yahoo co.in
446 co.in
217 irctc co.in
117 co.in game
112 hutch co.in
81 co.in crime dairy etv
70 co.in usa vfs
67 vfs co.in
62 bsnl co.in
58 nokia co.in
45 co.in india
42 al co.in trucking
42 yahoo mail co.in
31 citibank co.in
31 co.in dataone
31 sex co.in

41517 rediff.com
26108 indiatimes.com
19233 sify.com
16882 google.co.in
1921 game.co.in
953 games.co.in
321 sex.co.in
240 sex.in
581 gov.in

Also, if you look at the ranking.com site, it gives weird results. I just checked these two,
Country Rank Web Rank Domain Overture
103 35,190 sifymax.in 145
115 40,452 airtel.in 4179

Does that mean ranking.com is not ranking according to traffic? Not clear.

Rajesh,
I do not agree with you.

100+ are .com
250+ .co.in
50+ .gov.in
100+ .ac.in

mulligan
30th July 2006, 06:36 PM
My best performing .co.in is moneymarket.co.in
19 Views -- 3 Clicks -- 15.79% CTR -- 0.22 Euros per click for July

drbiohealth
30th July 2006, 06:40 PM
OK, here are some of my names with yearly earnings. Most of them have now been sold.

Domain Name Imps Uniques Clicks Leads Sales Earnings Earnings / Unique Earnings / Click
onlinemovie.in Edit Stats Host 432 303 40 0 0 $2.93 0.97¢ 7.32¢
neck.in Edit Stats Host 172 47 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
sexywomen.in Edit Stats Host 77 42 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
crosswords.in Edit Stats Host 36 28 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
briefcase.in Edit Stats Host 40 24 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
invoice.in Edit Stats Host 26 21 4 0 0 $0.80 3.82¢ 20.06¢
goggles.in Edit Stats Host 102 16 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
sexstory.in Edit Stats Host 18 14 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
breastcancer.in Edit Stats Host 16 9 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
autism.in Edit Stats Host 23 9 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
adultvideos.in Edit Stats Host 11 9 1 0 0 $0.05 0.50¢ 4.50¢
adultgames.in Edit Stats Host 12 8 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
affairs.in Edit Stats Host 227 8 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
schoolgirl.in Edit Stats Host 19 8 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
collegegirl.in Edit Stats Host 9 7 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
maturesex.in Edit Stats Host 13 7 1 0 0 $0.66 9.43¢ 66.00¢
newsletters.in Edit Stats Host 26 7 3 0 0 $0.20 2.81¢ 6.55¢
console.in Edit Stats Host 12 6 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
adultfriend.in Edit Stats Host 15 5 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
strippoker.in Edit Stats Host 10 5 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
bloodpressure.in Edit Stats Host 8 5 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
mommy.in Edit Stats Host 8 5 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
adultfriends.in Edit Stats Host 7 4 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
jua.in Edit Stats Host 5 4 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
genomics.in Edit Stats Host 8 4 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
mummy.in Edit Stats Host 19 4 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
challenge.in Edit Stats Host 8 4 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
sweepstakes.in Edit Stats Host 7 4 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
graduation.in Edit Stats Host 16 3 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
bhajan.in Edit Stats Host 5 3 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
carquote.in Edit Stats Host 3 3 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
pornvideo.in Edit Stats Host 3 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
drawing.in Edit Stats Host 8 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
pokerrules.in Edit Stats Host 6 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
gspot.in Edit Stats Host 2 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
freepoker.in Edit Stats Host 4 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
glaucoma.in Edit Stats Host 8 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
cataract.in Edit Stats Host 4 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
proposal.in Edit Stats Host 57 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
einsurance.in Edit Stats Host 2 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
reptiles.in Edit Stats Host 19 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
sweepstake.in Edit Stats Host 182 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
stroke.in Edit Stats Host 156 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
lovemaking.in Edit Stats Host 2 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
epoker.in Edit 2 2 1 0 0 $5.64 282.00¢ 564.00¢
taxreturn.in Edit Stats Host 6 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
secondmortgage.in Edit Stats Host 2 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
mattress.in Edit Stats Host 7 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
traveltips.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
cardgames.in Edit Stats Host 2 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
careereducation.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
teaching.in Edit Stats Host 19 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
notarypublic.in Edit Stats Host 3 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
naturopathy.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
lesbianporn.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
sexdoll.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
autoquote.in Edit Stats Host 3 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
foreclosure.in Edit Stats Host 15 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
casinobonus.in Edit 3 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
webcamera.in Edit Stats Host 2 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
proteomics.in Edit Stats Host 2 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
homefinance.in Edit Stats Host 3 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
personalfinance.in Edit Stats Host 3 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
adultvideo.in Edit Stats Host 2 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
usedbooks.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
smoker.in Edit Stats Host 4 1 1 0 0 $0.16 15.75¢ 15.75¢
blanket.in Edit Stats Host 3 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
melanoma.in Edit Stats Host 2 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
bangles.in Edit Stats Host 2 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
foreplay.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
budgets.in Edit Stats Host 22 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
matches.in Edit Stats Host 2 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
texasholdempoker.in Edit Stats Host 5 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
scent.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
pickle.in Edit Stats Host 10 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
gambler.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
medications.in Edit Stats Host 12 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
cheques.in Edit Stats Host 2 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
painrelief.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
beema.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
settlement.in Edit Stats Host 5 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
sexylingerie.in Edit Stats Host 4 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
homeequity.in Edit Stats Host 2 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
ebookshop.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
adultporn.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
pains.in Edit Stats Host 11 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
sinusitis.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
scoliosis.in Edit Stats Host 2 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
suitcase.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
clinical.in Edit Stats Host 2 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
healthproducts.in Edit Stats Host 4 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
continuingeducation.in Edit Stats Host 2 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
bipolar.in Edit Stats Host 8 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
libido.in Edit Stats Host 15 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
alternativehealth.in Edit Stats Host 3 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
dentalplan.in Edit Stats Host 2 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
hypertension.in Edit Stats Host 2 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
onlinetax.in Edit Stats Host 3 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
syndrome.in Edit Stats Host 3 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
anxiety.in Edit Stats Host 2 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
braces.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
fantasyfootball.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
medicalbooks.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
Total 2139 735 55 0 0 $10.62 1.45¢ 19.31¢

a2zofb2b
30th July 2006, 07:03 PM
I would be curious to know what traffic your co.in domains receive, particularly those that are not indexed by Google.

Also, if you look at the ranking.com site, it gives weird results. I just checked these two,
Country Rank Web Rank Domain Overture
103 35,190 sifymax.in 145
115 40,452 airtel.in 4179

Does that mean ranking.com is not ranking according to traffic? Not clear.

Here is the list of .co.in domains(undeveloped) which earns $xx per month and their traffic.
The figure reflects Traffic/month and not revenue.

broadband 400+
download 200+
insurance 60+
Loan & Loans 80+
LifeInsurance 60+
mutualfund & mutualfunds 80+

In addition,
Osmania gets lots of typin traffic (2500+). (people type this site instead of established .ac.in site. Anyone having .co.in version of established .ac.in will be receive typin traffic)

2 of our developed sites Rank in top 500
(RealEstate.co.in & Classifieds.co.in)

Regarding Ranking.com, It is just a guidance and I do not understand your co-realtion between Overture and Ranking.
(Moreover, I though, Overtune only tracks Yahoo traffic, In india Google & MSN are more popular )
In addition,
Airtel has 2 sites
Airtel.in = 115
Airtel.co.in = 261
So the ranking will anyway get skewed.

touchring
30th July 2006, 07:13 PM
these yours?

broadband.co.in
download.co.in
insurance.co.in

Here is the list of .co.in domains(undeveloped) which earns $xx per month and their traffic.

broadband 400+
download 200+
insurance 60+
Loan & Loans 80+
LifeInsurance 60+

In addition,
Osmania gets lots of typin traffic (2500+). (people type this site instead of established .ac.in site. Anyone having .co.in version of established .ac.in will be receive typin traffic)

Regarding Ranking.com, It is just a guidance and I do not understand your co-realtion between Overture and Ranking.
(Moreover, I though, Overtune only tracks Yahoo traffic, In india Google & MSN are more popular)
In addition,
Airtel has 2 sites
Airtel.in = 115
Airtel.co.in = 261

OldIDNer
30th July 2006, 07:24 PM

broadband 400+
download 200+
insurance 60+
Loan & Loans 80+
LifeInsurance 60+

In addition,

now those are some good names

Rubber Duck
30th July 2006, 07:28 PM

broadband 400+
download 200+
insurance 60+
Loan & Loans 80+
LifeInsurance 60+

In addition,

(Moreover, I though, Overtune only tracks Yahoo traffic, In india Google & MSN are more popular )
In addition,
Airtel has 2 sites
Airtel.in = 115
Airtel.co.in = 261

Nice Keywords, but realistically in the is extension they have limited potential.

The Chinese .com.cn was actually quite big until .cn was launch. a Top Level ccTLD will always outshine a second level. May take a little while but dot IN is real deal. Some top keywords in this will be very valuable, but only a limited number of English Keywords are going to make the grade.

kartik786
30th July 2006, 07:49 PM
No, and I never really asked you to appraise my entire Indic portfolios, but you have seen fit to trash them anyway, along with everyone elses. How do we assess the value of your opinions? Well we look at your track record. We actually know very little about you. But what we do know is that you have a small portofolio of very crappy ASCII domains, most of which are not even dot coms. This combined with the fact that your opinions directly contradict the view of the Indian Government would seem to make your opinions only fit for derision, which is precisely what you are bound to receive, if you keep forwarding them in this irritating manner.

When you know very little about the person.. its best not to speculate upon their portfolio or creditworthiness ... you dont know me.. i dont know you.. i never directly commented on your portfolio.. so with great respect... stop guessing like an ignorant bunny rabbit in the wild.

Discuss on the article .. i dont mind.. i dont mind your comments and your opinion on this article.. what I do mind is your comments directed at me .. or my portfolio.. lets keep this thread on discussing Indian idn and .co.in and .in extensions.

a2zofb2b
30th July 2006, 07:51 PM
Nice Keywords, but realistically in the is extension they have limited potential.

The Chinese .com.cn was actually quite big until .cn was launch. a Top Level ccTLD will always outshine a second level. May take a little while but dot IN is real deal. Some top keywords in this will be very valuable, but only a limited number of English Keywords are going to make the grade.

Maybe true, only time will tell.
(Comparing domain market China and India maybe like comparing ASCII & IDN domain names)

This is one of the reason I am speculating on Hindi IDN names.
To quote OLDIDner.
"best to diversify - always aiming for top names..."

Moreover, most of the .in equivalent may go undeveloped.
No end user is going to risk buying the .in Premium names at mid to high $XXXXX.

Same thing may happen to Hindi IDN Names.
In order to have healthy secondary market, actual websites need to be developed by the end users. Be it .in or .co.in or Hindi IDN.com

All my developed sites come up in the 1st page of msn.co.in search for the keywords shop, realestate, classifieds, property, Answer etc..

Rubber Duck
30th July 2006, 08:09 PM
When you know very little about the person.. its best not to speculate upon their portfolio or creditworthiness ... you dont know me.. i dont know you.. i never directly commented on your portfolio.. so with great respect... stop guessing like an ignorant bunny rabbit in the wild.

Discuss on the article .. i dont mind.. i dont mind your comments and your opinion on this article.. what I do mind is your comments directed at me .. or my portfolio.. lets keep this thread on discussing Indian idn and .co.in and .in extensions.

OK!

Let me tell you why.

Bollocks!

True, but wind the clock back a few years and this was just about true everywhere. Yes, some investment in PCs is required. That much is acknowledged by all concerned. Frankly, not a worthy point though in the argument about which types of domains will be used in the future.

Again true of the status quo. You obviously are writing off India as an emerging technological power. Many have India ear market as the World's biggest supplier of software. It is going to be a tough call if they have no PCs and no Broadband.

Again, you clearly do not understand the initiatives at foot. Nobody is suggesting they will try to generate Hindi characters from standard Qwerty Keyboards. But as none of them speak English, would it not be a bit of a pain in the neck trying to teach them all to read and write a new language?

This rather confirms that your opinions are based on interactions with a wholly unrepresentative subset of the general population.

No, I am afraid I view your opinions as unsound. Strangely, many indigenous domainers fail to see the real potential of their own markets. Even those that are really motivated from China and Russia, often bizzarely see the West as the market for their names. There may be a relatively small number of westerners speculating, actually far less than there are native speakers, but we are not the market for which these domains have so labourously been developed.

a2zofb2b
30th July 2006, 09:07 PM
these yours?

broadband.co.in
download.co.in
insurance.co.in

Yes.
You may find my additional .co.in sites by clicking on my signature.

OldIDNer
30th July 2006, 09:12 PM
you have movies.co.in too (and shop), nice ...

drbiohealth
31st July 2006, 02:22 AM
Ravi,

There is little doubt that you have a very good generic co.in portfolio "keyword" wise. Good work! However, the worrisome part is that even with such great keyword domains and with "English" internet at the helm in India today these domains still receive pretty low traffic proportionally (from your stats). Where do you expect future traffic growth to come from on these domains - new English speakers in India (I thought they were already online)? Contrastingly, I imagine that these keywords in .com would easily be receiving traffic in excess of 100000 per month. However, you have taken a very good decision to develop them.

No, I was just trying to see how overture results correlated with the results of ranking.com. Yes, I know Overtune only tracks Yahoo traffic, still its entries give a fair idea about the trafic in general. Strangely, it shows zero entry for gov.co.in even with that "big" traffic.

broadband 400+
download 200+
insurance 60+
Loan & Loans 80+
LifeInsurance 60+

In addition,

In addition,
Airtel has 2 sites
Airtel.in = 115
Airtel.co.in = 261

IDNCowboy
31st July 2006, 02:25 AM
Ravi,

There is little doubt that you have a very good generic co.in portfolio "keyword" wise. Good work! However, the worrisome part is that even with such great keyword domains and with "English" internet at the helm in India today these domains still receive pretty low traffic proportionally (from your stats). Where do you expect future traffic growth to come from on these domains - new English speakers in India (I thought they were already online)? Contrastingly, I imagine that these keywords in .com would easily be receiving traffic in excess of 100000 per month. However, you have taken a very good decision to develop them.

No, I was just trying to see how overture results correlated with the results of ranking.com. Yes, I know Overtune only tracks Yahoo traffic, still its entries give a fair idea about the trafic in general. Strangely, it shows zero entry for gov.co.in even with that "big" traffic.
I don't understand why U.S. news sites never seem to paint the right picture about India. Half of them state more ppl are getting online everyday. Other articles state that India is behind and most ppl don't have a computer. Which is it?.

drbiohealth
31st July 2006, 02:33 AM
My sense is that those who paint a rosy picture are perhaps talking about the future. For anything to be a success, you have to first reach a critical mass, after which its all exponential auto-pilot. I don't think India has attained that yet, but sure to reach in next 5 years. "Computer/broadband must enter homes" .. ;)

I don't understand why U.S. news sites never seem to paint the right picture about India. Half of them state more ppl are getting online everyday. Other articles state that India is behind and most ppl don't have a computer. Which is it?.

a2zofb2b
31st July 2006, 03:25 AM
Ravi,

Strangely, it shows zero entry for gov.co.in even with that "big" traffic.
Rajesh,
I am not undermining the importance of IDN but I am defending the place for .in & .co.in in Indian context.

My guess is most Indians do not randomly go to any Indian Sites. They go to specific sites mostly by word of mouth or based on advertisement or by typo error (evident from the traffic surge I receive on Osmania the day results are announced).
(Its a different story at Cyber cafes)
So even with IDN's it will have to be developed or indexed well to get any decent traffic.

Regarding Gov.co.in Traffic
---------------------------------
The traffic stated for Gov.co.in is monthly traffic and is ranked 423rd in Ranking.net
Most of them are typin or typo for *.Gov.in (There are 60+ popular .gov.in in top 1000).

IDNCowboy
31st July 2006, 03:48 AM
Rajesh,
I am not undermining the importance of IDN but I am defending the place for .in & .co.in in Indian context.

My guess is most Indians do not randomly go to any Indian Sites. They go to specific sites mostly by word of mouth or based on advertisement or by typo error (evident from the traffic surge I receive on Osmania the day results are announced).
So even with IDN's it will have to be developed or indexed well to get any decent traffic.

The traffic stated for Gov.co.in is monthly traffic and is ranked 423rd in Ranking.net
Most of them are typin or typo for *.Gov.in (There are 60+ popular .gov.in in top 1000).

you have nice .co.in names

you must have had a field day with ppl on dnforum selling their prime .co.in names for $7/pop

jaik
31st July 2006, 08:40 AM
OK, here are some of my names with yearly earnings. Most of them have now been sold.

Domain Name Imps Uniques Clicks Leads Sales Earnings Earnings / Unique Earnings / Click
onlinemovie.in Edit Stats Host 432 303 40 0 0 $2.93 0.97¢ 7.32¢
neck.in Edit Stats Host 172 47 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
sexywomen.in Edit Stats Host 77 42 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
crosswords.in Edit Stats Host 36 28 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
briefcase.in Edit Stats Host 40 24 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
invoice.in Edit Stats Host 26 21 4 0 0 $0.80 3.82¢ 20.06¢
goggles.in Edit Stats Host 102 16 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
sexstory.in Edit Stats Host 18 14 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
breastcancer.in Edit Stats Host 16 9 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
autism.in Edit Stats Host 23 9 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
adultvideos.in Edit Stats Host 11 9 1 0 0 $0.05 0.50¢ 4.50¢
adultgames.in Edit Stats Host 12 8 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
affairs.in Edit Stats Host 227 8 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
schoolgirl.in Edit Stats Host 19 8 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
collegegirl.in Edit Stats Host 9 7 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
maturesex.in Edit Stats Host 13 7 1 0 0 $0.66 9.43¢ 66.00¢
newsletters.in Edit Stats Host 26 7 3 0 0 $0.20 2.81¢ 6.55¢
console.in Edit Stats Host 12 6 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
adultfriend.in Edit Stats Host 15 5 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
strippoker.in Edit Stats Host 10 5 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
bloodpressure.in Edit Stats Host 8 5 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
mommy.in Edit Stats Host 8 5 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
adultfriends.in Edit Stats Host 7 4 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
jua.in Edit Stats Host 5 4 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
genomics.in Edit Stats Host 8 4 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
mummy.in Edit Stats Host 19 4 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
challenge.in Edit Stats Host 8 4 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
sweepstakes.in Edit Stats Host 7 4 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
graduation.in Edit Stats Host 16 3 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
bhajan.in Edit Stats Host 5 3 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
carquote.in Edit Stats Host 3 3 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
pornvideo.in Edit Stats Host 3 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
drawing.in Edit Stats Host 8 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
pokerrules.in Edit Stats Host 6 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
gspot.in Edit Stats Host 2 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
freepoker.in Edit Stats Host 4 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
glaucoma.in Edit Stats Host 8 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
cataract.in Edit Stats Host 4 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
proposal.in Edit Stats Host 57 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
einsurance.in Edit Stats Host 2 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
reptiles.in Edit Stats Host 19 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
sweepstake.in Edit Stats Host 182 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
stroke.in Edit Stats Host 156 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
lovemaking.in Edit Stats Host 2 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
epoker.in Edit 2 2 1 0 0 $5.64 282.00¢ 564.00¢
taxreturn.in Edit Stats Host 6 2 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
secondmortgage.in Edit Stats Host 2 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
mattress.in Edit Stats Host 7 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
traveltips.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
cardgames.in Edit Stats Host 2 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
careereducation.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
teaching.in Edit Stats Host 19 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
notarypublic.in Edit Stats Host 3 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
naturopathy.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
lesbianporn.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
sexdoll.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
autoquote.in Edit Stats Host 3 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
foreclosure.in Edit Stats Host 15 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
casinobonus.in Edit 3 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
webcamera.in Edit Stats Host 2 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
proteomics.in Edit Stats Host 2 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
homefinance.in Edit Stats Host 3 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
personalfinance.in Edit Stats Host 3 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
adultvideo.in Edit Stats Host 2 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
usedbooks.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
smoker.in Edit Stats Host 4 1 1 0 0 $0.16 15.75¢ 15.75¢
blanket.in Edit Stats Host 3 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
melanoma.in Edit Stats Host 2 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
bangles.in Edit Stats Host 2 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
foreplay.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
budgets.in Edit Stats Host 22 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
matches.in Edit Stats Host 2 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
texasholdempoker.in Edit Stats Host 5 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
scent.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
pickle.in Edit Stats Host 10 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
gambler.in Edit Stats Host 1 1 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
medications.in Edit Stats Host 12 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
cheques.in Edit Stats Host 2 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
painrelief.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
beema.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
settlement.in Edit Stats Host 5 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
sexylingerie.in Edit Stats Host 4 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
homeequity.in Edit Stats Host 2 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
ebookshop.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
adultporn.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
pains.in Edit Stats Host 11 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
sinusitis.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
scoliosis.in Edit Stats Host 2 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
suitcase.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
clinical.in Edit Stats Host 2 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
healthproducts.in Edit Stats Host 4 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
continuingeducation.in Edit Stats Host 2 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
bipolar.in Edit Stats Host 8 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
libido.in Edit Stats Host 15 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
alternativehealth.in Edit Stats Host 3 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
dentalplan.in Edit Stats Host 2 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
hypertension.in Edit Stats Host 2 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
onlinetax.in Edit Stats Host 3 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
syndrome.in Edit Stats Host 3 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
anxiety.in Edit Stats Host 2 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
braces.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
fantasyfootball.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
medicalbooks.in Edit Stats Host 1 0 0 0 0 $0.00 0.00¢ 0.00¢
Total 2139 735 55 0 0 $10.62 1.45¢ 19.31¢
i have only 4 .co.in
www.share.co.in gets about 40 to 80 monthly visits
www.fame.co.in gets about 60 to 100 monthly visits
www.netbanking.co.in gets about 25 to 50 monthly visits
www.adultvideo.co.in gets about 40 to 75 monthly visits
all the 4 domain earns about total $0.75 to $1.50 monthly

here we can send sms on mobile in about all local languages.and its popular here
so why cant internet in language like hindi,bangla,tamil etc.... be popular.
ya,it will take little time

drbiohealth
31st July 2006, 12:15 PM
I never said that there would be no place for them, just that I am not excited due to reasons mentioned above. May be I am wrong.

That suggests that Overture might be erratic.

Some info for non-believers of IDNs
http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=74901&cat_id=621

ekal
13th January 2007, 06:04 PM
PPC in general is dying off - this is not an Indian problem. Witness people on all the forums complaining about endless $0.02 clicks.

I have around 50/60 developed .in and .co.in names now and get anywhere from 5 cents to $1 clicks.

Getting well-ranked in the Indian versions of Google and Yahoo is roughly, oh lets say.... 100 times easier than acheiving a similar feet in .com versions of the search engines.

rhys
13th January 2007, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=a2zofb2b]

QUOTE]

This is a key question and the truth is no one knows whether type-in traffic will develop until it does. If I made a guess, I would say that most americans do not randomly go to any American sites either. I would guess that they go to specific sites by word of mouth or based on ads or typos. And yet, my guess is completely, completely WRONG. Type-in traffic is an amazing phenomenon. The psychology of it has not been rigorously undertaken I am sure but there it is - American people just typing-in. So I may be wrong but I'm placing my money on type-in traffic materializing in the next couple of years.

mark07
3rd September 2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah definitely type-in traffic will be huge in the coming years as the internet is booming and visiting sites will be a necessity for many. Just like people have to remember addresses and phone numbers they'll also have to remember various sites for their use and accessibility.