PDA

View Full Version : Developing IDN sites, Language Translations and other thoughts ...

alexd
29th July 2006, 06:51 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I began developing three of my Greek IDNs. ( Links can be seen in my signature - Mods: If I need to remove these links, please let me know and I will do so !!). The sites are pretty basic at the moment, with just 2 pages - 1 in Greek and 1 in English.

I decided to start developing a few as I was curious to how they would perform in the search engines. Anyway, after putting them up live, I have noticed that they are getting quiet a few visitors, most from Google.

After doing a couple of searches myself for the sites using the keywords that users may type in, I was very suprised with the results. For example, on my Μεσιτικά.com site, which currently shows listings of real estate agents in Greece. when I did a search on Google for .... Μεσιτικά στην Ελλάδα ( Real Estate in Greece ), out of 80,000, my site was top !!!

My other two sites are also doing very well in Google, and all this just three weeks after putting them up on the internet.

Anyway, this got me thinking. Do I keep the IDNs I have parked, or do I try and start developing them ?? Well, for most of the Greek IDNs I have, I did purchase them for developement, but I have a few others in various languages, that I cannot really see myself developing. The biggest problem being the languages.

So, I was wondering, are there any people in here who can or can recommend where to get a few English pieces of text translated into other languages ?? I know that we have members in here from all over the world, so does anyone here actual offer translation services ?? Or know of any reputable individuals/companies where one can get translations done ??

I would really like to continue developing some of my IDNs, even if they are just a single page site. In my opinion, there appears to be more chance of earning through ads, affiliate schemes, etc, then waiting in the hope that oneday, someone will type in my exact URL.

I know many people here have some excellent type-in domains, and thats great. However, I joined the IDN rush a little late, and though I did manage to grab some names that I think have potential, probably half are .nets. With this being my case, I would like to try and start developing some of these, which I know have very little chance of getting any type in traffic. However, I am pretty sure that I could have much more success with visitors finding my site through search engine listings.

Anyway, sorry for rambling on. I guess this is probably the longest post I have ever done on a forum.

I am just curious as to if any other members here have started to develop their IDNs, or is everyone content with parking them ??

Thanks for reading ....

Alex

29th July 2006, 07:49 PM
I decided to start developing a few as I was curious to how they would perform in the search engines. Anyway, after putting them up live, I have noticed that they are getting quiet a few visitors, most from Google.

After doing a couple of searches myself for the sites using the keywords that users may type in, I was very suprised with the results. For example, on my Μεσιτικά.com site, which currently shows listings of real estate agents in Greece. when I did a search on Google for .... Μεσιτικά στην Ελλάδα ( Real Estate in Greece ), out of 80,000, my site was top !!!
it also is number 13 (3rd position on page2) for Μεσιτικά on its own :) (177k results)

My other two sites are also doing very well in Google, and all this just three weeks after putting them up on the internet.

Anyway, this got me thinking. Do I keep the IDNs I have parked, or do I try and start developing them ?? Well, for most of the Greek IDNs I have, I did purchase them for developement, but I have a few others in various languages, that I cannot really see myself developing. The biggest problem being the languages.

Develop as many as time , want , and money allows you obviously

So, I was wondering, are there any people in here who can or can recommend where to get a few English pieces of text translated into other languages ??

I can recommand finding a provider via elance . com or guru . com (choose carefully) or via craigslist.org like sites etc

- i dont believe you want as its small population but ill be happy to help on hebrew

I would really like to continue developing some of my IDNs, even if they are just a single page site. In my opinion, there appears to be more chance of earning through ads, affiliate schemes, etc, then waiting in the hope that oneday, someone will type in my exact URL.
- i am now working on a Multipage ppc template that's proven to be indexed better in serp's , bring ctr up big time and it will be in a way where u can access it and change/add content, images and metatags,keywords etc (i will have it done in 2 weeks or less)

blastfromthepast
29th July 2006, 08:36 PM
Yes, I do offer translation, Russian-English, English-Russian. PM me for details of your project. I also do simultaneous interpreting.

Olney
29th July 2006, 08:56 PM
Hey Alexd
I think it's a smart move...

About the links thing...
Links in your sigs are fine just no adult or pharmacy sites..

rhys
30th July 2006, 01:54 PM
Alex,

I recommend e-lance for translators. If you want a quality english-japanese translator, I have to highly recommend my wife, she is a professional literary translator. If you have an interesting domain, she may even create original content for you. PM me with what you are looking for and I can discuss to see if she is interested.

Rhys

Colli
22nd August 2006, 02:11 PM
I have some IDN's I want to start developing also. I also have some .nets that I beleive can be profitable but will need active development from me as oppossed to parking them somewhere and waiting for some traffic to start.

I have NetObjects and Front Page development tools, but I'm new using them and not very good yet. I have read on some forums you need to utilize UTF-8 so the languuage will resolve. I was wondering what you developed your site with. I'm concerned the old standard tools that I have will not support the IDN's I want to deverlop.

I see that you site Μεσιτικά.com is still listed number 1 on google, that is great news.

TrafficDomainer
22nd August 2006, 04:19 PM
My brother translates professionally (Thai-English) and (English-Thai) and has completed many assignments for major multinational corporations in Thailand. I have also freelanced in the past but may have more limited availabilty than him. Please feel free to PM me for further details.

I have some IDN's I want to start developing also. I also have some .nets that I beleive can be profitable but will need active development from me as oppossed to parking them somewhere and waiting for some traffic to start.

I have NetObjects and Front Page development tools, but I'm new using them and not very good yet. I have read on some forums you need to utilize UTF-8 so the languuage will resolve. I was wondering what you developed your site with. I'm concerned the old standard tools that I have will not support the IDN's I want to deverlop.

I see that you site Μεσιτικά.com is still listed number 1 on google, that is great news.

Colli
26th August 2006, 02:19 PM
Thanks, I don't have any Thai domains now but if I get any I'll keep your brother in mind.

bwhhisc
26th August 2006, 02:46 PM
try www.getafreelancer.com. You can view all the project in the works being bid on.
Negotiate only to pay when your project is completed to your satisfaction.
They have a rating system there, companies and webdesigners all over the world bid on projects there.
You just post on their bulletin board, and pay a small commission to the site if you do business.