PDA

View Full Version : IDN'S only on google.com

30th July 2006, 08:06 PM
Hi,

I found a couple hebrew idn's, greek idn and some russian idn's that are all showing in google.com serp's

Neither is showing in the cc google...(google.ru,google.gr,google.co.il)

Can someone please explain what might be the reason,
it is crucial to the success of idn's

- i hope its just being google didnt "make time" to update whatever they need in they're foreign algorithm's?

Olney
30th July 2006, 08:38 PM
Are they parked domains?

Do they have much content in the native language?

These are the issues we all are dealing with.

jose
30th July 2006, 08:43 PM
I think I know the answer:

Google latest algorithm update is always on .com.
The regional ones fall 1, 2 or even 3 versions behind.
Just wait.

Hope that helps.

touchring
30th July 2006, 08:52 PM
Hi,

I found a couple hebrew idn's, greek idn and some russian idn's that are all showing in google.com serp's

Neither is showing in the cc google...(google.ru,google.gr,google.co.il)

Can someone please explain what might be the reason,
it is crucial to the success of idn's

- i hope its just being google didnt "make time" to update whatever they need in they're foreign algorithm's?

Google SERP is very unreliable - you can go to the top for 2-3 months and after that disappear. It's definitely not a good measure.

30th July 2006, 08:58 PM
Olney:
Are they parked domains?

Do they have much content in the native language?

Some of the examples are not parked domains, and have native language content on them - but the point im trying to find out is...regardless of quality of seo work/site etc...

whats the point having it on google.com and not in the cc google

which brings to what Jose answered...and i just hope he is right..as for the cc google being older "versions"/updates of the google.com algo

Jose, anywhere to verify that for a fact?

Thanks,
Michael

Rubber Duck
30th July 2006, 09:15 PM
Firstly, let make it very clear to everyone how to check this.

If you search for "รูปภาพ.com" on Google.com you should get one listing and probably very few others come up. If you do it on Google.co.th with the search Pages from Thailand box checked then you should draw a blank.

It is clear from doing this several that not all domains are indexed and to date it would seem that indexing has not occurred for local search. This, if true, is of course a disaster and it would seem to me that this is something that ought to be brought forward by ND and SEDO as well. Google really do need to be getting their act together as this will not just affect parking pages.

Thanks Michael for pointing this out.

STOP PRESS

IDN are indexed for Google.com.eg which is probably why the traffic is good from there!

Actually, simply searching the Punycode seems to do it and we are OK in Russia.

touchring
30th July 2006, 09:23 PM
I got it - www.google.co.th/search?hl=th&lr=&ie=UTF-8&inlang=th&sa=G&q=%22%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B9%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A0%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%9E.com%22

Drewbert
30th July 2006, 09:36 PM
Google doesn't release it's latest code across all of it's properties at once. It doesn't even release it across all google.com servers at the same time.

If you check the SE forums you will find a list of IP #'s for different google indexes.

www2.google.com and www3.google.com are ones that used to give different results - not sure if that's the case now.

Rubber Duck
30th July 2006, 09:40 PM
I got it - www.google.co.th/search?hl=th&lr=&ie=UTF-8&inlang=th&sa=G&q=%22%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B9%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A0%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%9E.com%22

Yes, but I think you need to hit the other bullet point to get Thailand results?

touchring
30th July 2006, 09:45 PM
Google doesn't release it's latest code across all of it's properties at once. It doesn't even release it across all google.com servers at the same time.

If you check the SE forums you will find a list of IP #'s for different google indexes.

www2.google.com and www3.google.com are ones that used to give different results - not sure if that's the case now.

Well, drewbert explained it all, google database takes time to synchronize. Most of my names i've seen that are indexed appear on any regional google, although SERP might differ.

Rubber Duck
30th July 2006, 09:49 PM
Well, drewbert explained it all, google database takes time to synchronize. Most of my names i've seen that are indexed appear on any regional google, although SERP might differ.

Some are definitely synchronising. It seems to be the ones where we are getting some traffic. Coincidence?

What is more important some are now reading the Adwords from Namedrive!

http://www.google.co.jp/search?hl=ja&q=%22%E6%94%B9%E6%AD%A3.com%22&btnG=Google+%E6%A4%9C%E7%B4%A2&lr=

30th July 2006, 09:53 PM
In every country code google i looked i found idn's in its index,

which shows us all google - .com and .cc "read" idn's...

which now makes it more difficult to understand why would i.e a greek idn would get to page 1 and 2 of google.com but not on google.gr (same example applies to other cc google's)

using a specific example that further complicates it is: Μεσιτικά.com (Developed by AlexD-only went online 3 weeks ago)

Result # 13 of 174k for Μεσιτικά on google.com
And this site is not even indexed on google.gr (Δυστυχώς καμία πληροφορία δεν είναι διαθέσιμη για τη διεύθυνση URL Μεσιτικά.com)

PS if you want to see idn's on any google cc just do in search : inurl:"xn-- v" or inurl:"xn-- c"