PDA

View Full Version : Domainsite: Entered invalid password 10x and got banned from site

IDNCowboy
25th January 2006, 05:12 AM
i even did a password reset and the pass still didn't work so i used up all my tries

The message now says i have to pay a fee to regain access? LOL.

i emailed Scott and he wants me to "call" him over such a small thing as I already have nearly 40 domains with them regged in the past 2 weeks...

I told him straight up that paying to get my IP reinstated is ludicrous and he has just ignored my emails ever since.

g
25th January 2006, 05:57 AM
How you consumed the 10 trials?!

really strange

it happened with me that I typed the password wrong once and when I saw the message I wouldn't try for 2 times more .

If you tried 5 times and it is still wrong ... you should have contacted them then...

On the other side it is funny that you have to pay to restore access again .

blastfromthepast
21st March 2006, 10:54 PM
Jeff, did you end up paying or did this get fixed? Curious.

blastfromthepast
21st March 2006, 10:56 PM

IDNCowboy
22nd March 2006, 02:57 AM
The manager wanted me to call him on the phone so i emailed him back saying i wouldn't pay a damn cent. After I complained twice via email he eventually let me log back in.

blastfromthepast
22nd March 2006, 03:24 AM
Good to hear you got it resolved. That was pretty ridiculous. I got flagged for fraud when I bought 3 .tv domain on there although I purchased hundreds of .com domains previously. LOL

touchring
22nd March 2006, 03:31 AM
I didn't encounter the problem of getting my account banned as a result of entering a wrong password 10 times :) , but i did have refunds that did not go through when a variant error is encountered. Luckily i checked paypal. If you using a credit card, you need to check your mth's bill.

Another thing, i often have to login twice, once at the right login form, and after that, another time with the login form in the middle - anyone of you encounter this problem?

blastfromthepast
22nd March 2006, 03:33 AM
I've been so busy buying, I never bothered to check the refunds. You mean they billed you for things that failed to register?

IDNCowboy
22nd March 2006, 03:37 AM
I've been so busy buying, I never bothered to check the refunds. You mean they billed you for things that failed to register?
i haven't checekd and it would definitely be a mess now considering i registered over 100 names with them :(

touchring
22nd March 2006, 03:37 AM

You know those variant errors, where they bill you and then become Verisign comes back with a variant error, you won't get your domain. In most cases, they would refund your payment, but i did encounter a case whereby the refund wasn't made. I think it's a programming error.

blastfromthepast
22nd March 2006, 03:47 AM
NG. I'm going to have to weed through emails confirming several hundred names to find out which ones failed.

IDNCowboy
22nd March 2006, 03:56 AM
You know those variant errors, where they bill you and then become Verisign comes back with a variant error, you won't get your domain. In most cases, they would refund your payment, but i did encounter a case whereby the refund wasn't made. I think it's a programming error.
imagine the comment line */ every 5th failed transaction charge customer cc for one domain year anyway (code below) */

touchring
22nd March 2006, 04:29 AM
One way of avoiding this is to use prepaid, pay $50 one-time, it's easier to track refunds as it's immediate. You do not need to check your credit card bill.

I think i might have missed some failed refunds myself initially, i'm treating such losses as collateral damage. :)