PDA

View Full Version : T.R.A.F.F.I.C East 2006

1st August 2006, 01:51 AM
Is anyone planning to attend?

Oct. 24-28 in Hallandale Beach, FL (Miami)

I asked Mr. Schwartz of his opinion to IDN Investing/Future and he replied:

"I am not qualified to speak about them. But if you stay with generic one worders, you should do fine."

Is it a Yea or Ney from Rick?

IDNCowboy
1st August 2006, 01:52 AM
Is anyone planning to attend?

Oct. 24-28 in Hallandale Beach, FL (Miami)

I asked Mr. Schwartz of his opinion to IDN Investing/Future and he replied:

I am not qualified to speak about them. But if you stay with generic one worders, you should do fine.

Is it a Yea or Ney from Rick?
Rick doesn't even know much about IDNs to make such an assumption. Keywords are pretty valuable too especially in Japan. Look how much advertisers are paying for alot of the top keywords.

1st August 2006, 01:55 AM
How can you determine what he knows or does not know?

i just think he has to carfully comment on the subject as at this point no one knows.

(and usually people in his level at a certain industry will be happy to talk talk talk without knowing, i can respect he didnt, as its easiest to say they suck like alot of less known domainers find so easy to do but with time it seems they "reverse" it towards idn's which stresses they are followers,not leaders)

IDNCowboy
1st August 2006, 01:57 AM
How can you determine what he knows or does not know?

i just think he has to carfully comment on the subject as at this point no one knows.

(and usually people in his level at a certain industry will be happy to talk talk talk without knowing, i can respect he didnt, as its easiest to say they suck like alot of less known domainers find so easy to do but with time it seems they "reverse" it towards idn's which stresses they are followers,not leaders)
well its only my opinion. The guy makes so much from his online ventures that he can't spend hours looking into idns. Besides he isn't the right person to ask. I think the more suitable ppl to ask would be Rubber Duck or Olney.

1st August 2006, 02:01 AM
Youre comparing apples to oranges.

RD and Olney are pioneers in the idn industry , i think we can all agree on that , and they still cant translate vision to $

Rick from the other hand is a pioneer to ascii and i personally admire his vision (or luck) with no diffrence which of the 2 is it, probably the 2 combined.

Needless to say i would love to see Olney,RD hit it bigtime as we are in the same boat, diffrence is i like most tagged along

IDNCowboy
1st August 2006, 02:07 AM
Youre comparing apples to oranges.

RD and Olney are pioneers in the idn industry , i think we can all agree on that , and they still cant translate vision to $

Rick from the other hand is a pioneer to ascii and i personally admire his vision (or luck) with no diffrence which of the 2 is it, probably the 2 combined.

Needless to say i would love to see Olney,RD hit it bigtime as we are in the same boat, diffrence is i like most tagged along
Your comparing apples and oranges but thats another matter. Rick's view was a whole sentence long. I would take it with a grain of salt. IDNs are a new thing altogether. Japanese real estate keywords for instance have already amounted to a few clicks in ppl's portfolios. I again stress that RD and Olney would be the best people to offer advice on this.

1st August 2006, 02:12 AM
Advise and Opinion are 2 diffrent things, also...go ask the guy that sells you apples and oranges if they're good...see what he says.

But all that isn't the point, the post was only made to share the few words Rick wrote in regards to idn's.

what he knows or doesnt, have none or 1000's? time will tell

We all know the answer if Asking RD or Olney of they're opinion to the success of idn's , and all share the same answer or wouldnt be here (well except kartik which is so nice to share his hindi finds with the forum) ;)

IDNCowboy
1st August 2006, 02:14 AM
Advise and Opinion are 2 diffrent things, also...go ask the guy that sells you apples and oranges if they're good...see what he says.

But all that isn't the point, the post was only made to share the few words Rick wrote in regards to idn's.

what he knows or doesnt, have none or 1000's? time will tell
Alright take his advice. I wouldn't even call that advice.

He could have told you that for thousands of different extensions like .co.in / .in / .tv etc

1st August 2006, 02:16 AM
Jeff, to finalize this (at least from my end)

im not taking nothing no where..also..whats to take? i didnt buy over 1000 idn's and then remembered to ask for rick's advice...just posted it as imo its fun to see someone that is one of the more known domainers comment on idn's

(back to the question) Is anyone planning to attend the conf?

blastfromthepast
1st August 2006, 02:30 AM
Rick Schwartz didn't ask his mom when he bought domains. His friends were even getting worried he was burning cash and going crazy registering and buying names.

Not everyone gets so lucky. But this is about as obvious as it gets. Don't ask anyone if you should be doing this. You have to have the intuitive commercial insight, we are on the right track.

Olney
1st August 2006, 02:37 AM
It would be cool.
I might see if I can go but don't quote me on it yet.

It's good to hear even a reply from Rick but as you know "anything" that would be said by the man will be requoted for at least a year. Also if he is investing in new territory perhaps it's better to not blast it to the world yet.

In domaining I'm still a nobody compared to the Giants, but I'm understanding IDNs like second nature recently.

rhys
1st August 2006, 02:41 AM
I've never been so sure of a commercial enterprise before. I found out about domain names by fortuitous circumstance and IDN by my relentless searching about for a fresh angle to the business. When I started adding it up, it made so much sense to me, I told my business partner that we were going "all in" on this one.

It would be hilarious (and mildly disastrous) if I was proven wrong by history.

1st August 2006, 02:58 AM
if anyone needs help with info or whatever question concerning the area feel free to pm me (lived in ft lauderdale 9yrs)

mdw
1st August 2006, 05:11 AM
Area info available here too, I've lived in south florida for years. Not sure if I'm gonna go tho...

1st August 2006, 05:17 AM
Welcome MDW!

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/94-idn-forum-members-introduce-yourself.html?highlight=newbie