PDA

View Full Version : 1 MILLION Dollar Adsense Check ! WoW

thegenius1
1st August 2006, 03:40 AM
http://plentyoffish.wordpress.com/files/2006/06/plentyoffishcheque2.jpg

They say this guy ownes Plenty Of Fish .com thats crazy !

The money he received was $901k (Canadian), roughly $796k (USD) and £427k.

Who here plans on recieving one of these Babies ?

touchring
1st August 2006, 05:23 AM
You mean he received 1 million for just the website plentyoffish.com?? Hard to believe 1 million just for that site. It's 1 million a mth -> means 12 million a year!

thegenius1
1st August 2006, 05:34 AM
It's 1 million a mth -> means 12 million a year!

He claims that if he was running a paid site he would be making 20 million a month :o Like the rest of the big dogs !

I dont know what up with this , I was hoping somebody could shed so more light on this guy

Edwin
1st August 2006, 05:38 AM
He runs the largest free dating site in the world, with several million pageviews a day. Has an Alexa rank of 679!
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=plentyoffish.com&url=plentyoffish.com

It's like trying to compare your golf ability to Tiger Woods - you couldn't pick a harder target to compare with!

1st August 2006, 05:40 AM
Quote from him:

Username Markus007 @ webmasterworld (Markus Frind)

" Lots of hard work, and a billion+ pageviews :) "

"1. Get a database of IP's so you know where your traffic is coming from. Then create channels for each country. Its not uncommon to see US traffic with a CPM of $5.00 and a CDN traffic at 20 cents and vice versa. If you have access to the hints option, give different hints based on IP. ie if your page is about 401k plans, that won't get you anything outside of the USA.

2. You have to create sites that will bring in repeat traffic. If you think you will get rich off SEO think again. If you create a Free jobs site you could net 30 million + a year if you got big. Club listings site, free religious personals etc would all be big money makers. Look for established markets and offer a service for free and support it with adsense.

3. Have your users create content and lots of it. User reviews of night clubs, Resorts, golf courses etc. Build your site around your users and make them part of your site, don't build your site for consumption.

4. Do not enter markets with a lot of competition monitized via adsense. Try and undercut paid content markets by offering a free service, or better yet create your own market.

5. Keep your site dead simple, it has to load fast and have no more then 2 ads and 1 or 2 pictures other then your logo. Do not confuse your user, give them what they want and give it to them fast.

6. Troll around various forums and if people are not talking about your market, there is a good chance you will make money. "

touchring
1st August 2006, 05:49 AM
He runs the largest free dating site in the world, with several million pageviews a day. Has an Alexa rank of 679!
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=plentyoffish.com&url=plentyoffish.com

It's like trying to compare your golf ability to Tiger Woods - you couldn't pick a harder target to compare with!

DNF has an alexa of 900, does this means Adam is earning 1 million a month?

thegenius1
1st August 2006, 05:50 AM
6. Troll around various forums and if people are not talking about your market, there is a good chance you will make money. "

Yup and All your IDN Belong to Us ! http://thedroit.com/Indian.mp3

DNF has an alexa of 900, does this means Adam is earning 1 million a month?

I personally think domainer's are less likely to click on Ad's , what is your view ?

touchring
1st August 2006, 05:56 AM
Yup and All your IDN Belong to Us ! http://thedroit.com/Indian.mp3

I personally think domainer's are less likely to click on Ad's , what is your view ?

More likely, the Alexa for domain forum is biased. We can conduct a survey, how many of us here has installed an alexa toolbar.

1st August 2006, 06:02 AM
Alexa is pretty easy manipulated...intentionally or not

touchring
1st August 2006, 06:10 AM
Alexa is pretty easy manipulated...intentionally or not

Someone capable enough to earn 1 million a mth from a website wouldn't bother to manipulate alexa.

btw, has anyone heard from Quinstreet.com? Recently, they approached me to place some surveys on my side, but i'm earning about a K a mth so i'm not sure if i would like to take the risk, plus it takes time to change the page.

1st August 2006, 06:12 AM
No doubt, i was saying that generally...not refering to the plentyoffish case

IDNCowboy
1st August 2006, 12:19 PM
Someone capable enough to earn 1 million a mth from a website wouldn't bother to manipulate alexa.

btw, has anyone heard from Quinstreet.com? Recently, they approached me to place some surveys on my side, but i'm earning about a K a mth so i'm not sure if i would like to take the risk, plus it takes time to change the page.
Alexa is a very very bad way to measure your site's traffic. Most webmasters have learned this and moved on. It bases it only on ppl that have the alexa toolbar installed. Domain name forums do especially well as usually every visitor has the toolbar installed thus inflating their stats.

alpha
1st August 2006, 12:28 PM
Alexa is a very very bad way to measure your site's traffic. Most webmasters have learned this and moved on. It bases it only on ppl that have the alexa toolbar installed. Domain name forums do especially well as usually every visitor has the toolbar installed thus inflating their stats.

I've always treated Alexa as spyware/bloatware

Rubber Duck
1st August 2006, 12:30 PM

Don't like Pluggins.

touchring
1st August 2006, 12:42 PM

Firefox has an Alexa checker extension - i think it only checks, does not remit info. I always use it to check my website ranking.

Edwin
1st August 2006, 01:59 PM
Alexa is useful to compare trends between websites that you can EXPECT will have a very general audience. A webmaster-heavy audience will skew the stats out of all recognition, but if a site genuinely gets traffic from across the whole spectrum of users then Alexa can still be approximately "valid".

Drewbert
5th August 2006, 03:01 PM
Canadian dollars don't count.