PDA

View Full Version : IDN Forums Membership Growth

bwhhisc
1st August 2006, 06:08 PM
Since we just passed 600 members, thougth I would update the record.
Be interesting to see the growth curve after IE7 help gains interest.

On January 15th- 67 members
On January 26th- 97 members...*DNJournal mention of IDNF hits...
On January 30th - 120 members
On March 18th- 235 members
On April 18th- 288 members
On May 8th- 365 members
On May 19th,- 400 members
On June 3- 452 members
On June 23rd- 501 members
On July 4, 540 Members Posts: 29,724
On August 1st 619 members- Posts: 35,019

IDNCowboy
1st August 2006, 06:18 PM
Since we just passed 600 members, thougth I would update the record.
Be interesting to see the growth curve after IE7 help gains interest.

On January 15th- 67 members
On January 26th- 97 members...*DNJournal mention of IDNF hits...
On January 30th - 120 members
On March 18th- 235 members
On April 18th- 288 members
On May 8th- 365 members
On May 19th,- 400 members
On June 3- 452 members
On June 23rd- 501 members
On July 4, 540 Members Posts: 29,724
On August 1st 619 members- Posts: 35,019
too bad most are lurkers

more of the confidential info should be moved to the members area and there should be a post minimum to access it (be moved to that group (senior member))

alpha
1st August 2006, 06:25 PM
too bad most are lurkers

more of the confidential info should be moved to the members area and there should be a post minimum to access it (be moved to that group (senior member))

we do have many unregistered lurkers on at a time, and I routinely relocate anything juicy to the members area.

Juicy at the moment = parking optimization and drop catching

IDNCowboy
1st August 2006, 06:34 PM
we do have many unregistered lurkers on at a time, and I routinely relocate anything juicy to the members area.

Juicy at the moment = parking optimization and drop catching
What about the "registered" lurkers? Maybe I need my eyes checked but I definitely don't see 600 people here posting.

Rubber Duck
1st August 2006, 06:35 PM
Well there are Lurkers. There are also Spammers and Saboteurs.

I think to be fair there are also a large number of non-English speakers, who do not feel over confident in the discussion threads.

Many Lurkers, will give us the once over and never turn up again. You cannot expect everyone who drops this way to have a lasting interest. Many that register many not.

Having said all that, there will be genuine Lurkers out there. People that don't want to present themselves, as they might instantly be recognised. It can really damage your social standing hanging out with IDNers. We seem to have taken over from Catholics, Blacks and Gays.

rhys
1st August 2006, 06:52 PM
Well there are Lurkers. There are also Spammers and Saboteurs.

I think to be fair there are also a large number of non-English speakers, who do not feel over confident in the discussion threads.

Many Lurkers, will give us the once over and never turn up again. You cannot expect everyone who drops this way to have a lasting interest. Many that register many not.

Having said all that, there will be genuine Lurkers out there. People that don't want to present themselves, as they might instantly be recognised. It can really damage your social standing hanging out with IDNers. We seem to have taken over from Catholics, Blacks and Gays.

To that point, it may be interesting to recruit a native chinese moderator and break out a chinese language forum to see if it brings some lurkers in. Same for Japanese (don't look at me for that). :)

Rubber Duck
1st August 2006, 06:56 PM
To that point, it may be interesting to recruit a native chinese moderator and break out a chinese language forum to see if it brings some lurkers in. Same for Japanese (don't look at me for that). :)

I have long suggested that we look at ways of allowing local language discussions. And I agree it may be time to look at the issue again.

bwhhisc
1st August 2006, 07:07 PM

Good to have native speakers to keep communication going. It would be great to get some opinions from some of the Chinese members. They might be interested in what the guy from Mumbai thinks about the future of idns in population rich countries with rapidly up and coming economies.
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/5539-%E3%83%9B%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3-com-%28hong-kong%29-a.html