PDA

View Full Version : New Service - Pay to Park

touchring
2nd August 2006, 06:56 PM
http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/park/landing.asp

mulligan
2nd August 2006, 07:00 PM
I got this in an email from GD with some kind of 'early-bird' offer...
Went in the bin..

IDNCowboy
2nd August 2006, 07:05 PM
They've been doing something like this for a while. Total ripoff ;-)

Rubber Duck
2nd August 2006, 07:05 PM
http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/park/landing.asp

It would seem that you are buying a higher percentage of your revenue. For only $240 per year you can get 80% as opposed to 60%. But this appears to only cover one domain. It would seem that each domain needs to be earning $1000 per year before you start to see any advantage.

They talk about Partners. Do they mean Google? Of perhaps they have a deal with Overture?

No, I seem to have got this wrong. It would appear that the charges are on the Portfolio or at least per 100 domains. It is all as clear as mud at the moment.

I am guessing they are taking this approach as they don't wish to adminster parking for the millions of domains at GD that ain't worth Jack Sh*t. It would seem that they are just looking to skim the cream.

No mention of IDN so we clearly wouldn't fit their definition of cream!

Actually they seem to be aiming at a One Stop Shop:

Regs
Drops
Auctions
Parking
Hosting
etc.

Just a shame they don't seem to do any of it well!

idn
2nd August 2006, 07:40 PM
It would seem that you are buying a higher percentage of your revenue. For only $240 per year you can get 80% as opposed to 60%. But this appears to only cover one domain. It would seem that each domain needs to be earning $1000 per year before you start to see any advantage.

They talk about Partners. Do they mean Google? Of perhaps they have a deal with Overture?

No, I seem to have got this wrong. It would appear that the charges are on the Portfolio or at least per 100 domains. It is all as clear as mud at the moment.

I am guessing they are taking this approach as they don't wish to adminster parking for the millions of domains at GD that ain't worth Jack Sh*t. It would seem that they are just looking to skim the cream.

No mention of IDN so we clearly wouldn't fit their definition of cream!

Actually they seem to be aiming at a One Stop Shop:

Regs
Drops
Auctions
Parking
Hosting
etc.

Just a shame they don't seem to do any of it well!

They do have great customer service. You can call and speak to someone unlike companies like Enom with a customer service entirely web based.

blastfromthepast
2nd August 2006, 07:58 PM
They do have great customer service. You can call and speak to someone unlike companies like Enom with a customer service entirely web based.

You gotta be kidding. Godaddy is known everywhere as one of the worst registrars that does sneaky things.