PDA

View Full Version : Offers from China

Rubber Duck
3rd August 2006, 12:09 PM
Just received a five figure offer through Dopa.com for one of my Chinese domains. Email clearly mainland Chinese. Unfortunately, it was in Yuan, so I had to turn it down with giving it serious consideration.

I also had an unsolicited offer on another domain from China the other day. He was very insistent that I should accept his offer ofUS$1,000.

Clearly, these offers are still a long way belong realistic expectations, but it does indicate a growing interest in these domains. Eventually, offers that merit serious consideration will be forthcoming.

bwhhisc
3rd August 2006, 01:47 PM
I have also been receiving these solicitations from China.
Unfortunately the Chinese unicode comes in on my yahoo email as: ÄÓòÃûÁ÷Á¿²»×ã
Anyone know where to convert this?

Rubber Duck
3rd August 2006, 01:51 PM
I think you will need an IDN/Unicode enabled mail server, which Outlook Express is not even with the Verisign Pluggin, which only works for Office Outlook.

My advice would be to get Thunderbird.

thegenius1
3rd August 2006, 01:56 PM
I have also been receiving these solicitations from China.
Unfortunately the Chinese unicode comes in on my yahoo email as: ÄÓòÃûÁ÷Á¿²»×ã
Anyone know where to convert this?

Yes bill this also happens to me alot , you should change the Character Encoding in your browser to Shift_Jif or one of the other ones that will get it to show correctly.

it168
3rd August 2006, 02:07 PM
i have some offers from hk ,but i do not want to sell them now.
and i think it will be more offers when ie7.0 coming out.
good luck to all.:p

kenne
3rd August 2006, 05:08 PM
Try either "gb2312" or "utf-8", if those fails, it's probably big5

MDM
5th September 2006, 05:40 PM
Just received a five figure offer through Dopa.com for one of my Chinese domains. Email clearly mainland Chinese. Unfortunately, it was in Yuan, so I had to turn it down with giving it serious consideration.

I also had an unsolicited offer on another domain from China the other day. He was very insistent that I should accept his offer ofUS$1,000.

Clearly, these offers are still a long way belong realistic expectations, but it does indicate a growing interest in these domains. Eventually, offers that merit serious consideration will be forthcoming.

what do you mean by receiving offer thru 'dopa.com' ? it's a broker site?

Rubber Duck
5th September 2006, 05:46 PM
what do you mean by receiving offer thru 'dopa.com' ? it's a broker site?

They pass details on expression of interest.

Negociating with Mainland Chinese, however, might be an interesting past-time but seems to profitless enterprise at the moment. I was on for about two weeks with one idiot, before he accused me of trying selling him something completely different than what he wanted, which is a bit annoying when he came onto me in the first place.

Ben
5th September 2006, 08:08 PM
Has Dopa.com blocked new signups? Whenever I click "Sign Up" it redirects back to the home page.