PDA

View Full Version : If you Had a Choice ?

thegenius1
25th January 2006, 03:57 PM
If you guys have a choice Do you Get Traditional or the Simple for Chinese.... I notice Overture is in all Traditional ?

Rubber Duck
25th January 2006, 04:02 PM
If you guys have a choice Do you Get Traditional or the Simple for Chinese.... I notice Overture is in all Traditional ?

Simplified, with few exceptions. PRC uses Simplified, so it is clearly the ideal choice. Having said that Traditional will probably get you same Search results, but is unlikely to get the same volume of type-in.

Dave

thegenius1
25th January 2006, 04:05 PM
With that Said.... If a person Regd a Traditional are they the only person that can reg the Simp....????

Rubber Duck
25th January 2006, 06:21 PM
With that Said.... If a person Regd a Traditional are they the only person that can reg the Simp....????

At the moment, even they cannot register the blocked domain, but that facility has been promised by Verisign.

Blocking only occurs when characters actually map to one another. As this doesn't always occur in some cases it is possible to register both.

Previously existing pair that map were registered before the block was introduced.

Best Regards
Dave

thegenius1
26th January 2006, 04:28 PM
I gota great name in mind and the Ovt. for Traditional is 18k, but none for Simp.... Is it possible to Put both in the Cart and buy them at the same time, Also witch one would you go with ?

bwhhisc
26th January 2006, 04:45 PM
You can put as many as you want in the cart, but I don't recommend it. Reason being that some will domains will reg, and some may not. If you do a cart load, your payment goes thru as a lump sum, then you have to sort our the credits, etc. I am not sure if one name not reg'ing can affect the cartload. Also, I have to try 2 or 3 days in a row sometimes to get a name to go on the ones I really want.

Biggest area to watch out for is cities, especially Chinese...the language has many showing open, but they won't reg. If they don't go the first time, the usually won't go at all.

There have been a few posts about the registrars not always refunding $$$ when names don't go thru...if you do them one at a time, it is a bit more of a pain, but easier to control the accounting (at least for me). Good luck, Bill