PDA

View Full Version : Photos of "urban" Chinese cities.

touchring
5th August 2006, 07:17 PM
I've always been asked on whether a chinese city name is worth buying, about the x million population as stated on Wikipedia, etc, especially so during the real estate combo craze. Just run into a thread with photos of about 40-50 Chinese cities (big and small), might be useful in your investment decision. Some of the photos are old, some photos of just a few buildings, while many are photoshoped "glamor shots", but the idea is there, and it is obvious some are very much more advanced than others.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=379471&page=1&pp=20

networker
5th August 2006, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the link!

Not to change the subject, but I never realized so many people were interested in skyscraper photography - 50,000 members!

Rubber Duck
5th August 2006, 08:14 PM
Yes, but all these places are just full of people that live on a meagre portion of rice a day, so it wouldn't be of any value to invest in the advertising market, because they are all so poor. All of them put together probably only sell about 2 or 3 Mobiles or Computers a years. At least that what the officiandoes of the ASCII World tell me.

touchring
5th August 2006, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the link!

Not to change the subject, but I never realized so many people were interested in skyscraper photography - 50,000 members!

It's not just skyscrapers, there's a lot of towns and villages to look at, so it's like virtual sightseeing, sort of travel forum. There's another forum, which is more "American" - http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/

Giant
7th August 2006, 08:57 PM
Strange! All the city names sound so familiar, can't remember I ever learned them in elementary school.

mulligan
7th August 2006, 09:18 PM
One thing I noticed about the photos is the people and the traffic -- The lack of in a lot of them!
Is it like 5am or something...

Giant
7th August 2006, 09:26 PM
One thing I noticed about the photos is the people and the traffic -- The lack of in a lot of them!
Is it like 5am or something...

Now, you have discovered something very important even CIA don't know about -- China has only 130M people, not 1.3 Billion