PDA

View Full Version : Development Criteria

Rubber Duck
8th August 2006, 04:35 PM
For those looking at Developing domains, there is always the question, which domains should I be developing at this point in time.

Well I have come up with a few criteria for selecting Candidates:

1) It has to be Japanese. No other market is going to give you the potential returns that Japan does. Japan is serving much higher paid clicks, so this will reflected in any pay per click or affiliate programme you get involved with. Also, Google is currently not properly ranking IDN URLs. China is difficult as Spiders don't seem to be able to operate there and Russia is dominated by Yandex, that doesn't acknowledge the existence of IDN. Japanese is the only logistical option.

2) To obviate the problems of IE 6 not resolving you need SERP. You are only going to get that in Yahoo. To make this work you need to be indexed. My experience to date suggests that whatever stunts you pull Yahoo.co.up won't index anything much that hasn't been registered for about 6 months. Don't know why, but this seems to be the case. Do your own research, but don't expect to register something today and end up with SERP tomorrow, because the system doesn't seem to work that way.

3) I would consider that you should be looking at the Yahoo Bid Tool to develop domains whose keywords have high PPC values. It may be that with Google Adsense they reserve the highest paying click for themselves, but where you have extremely high prices, this indicates that they just don't have enough clicks to satisfy demand. That is why they will want yours and be prepared to pay for them.

The above is my take on the development scene. If anyone has any Pearls of Wisdom to add to this, I am sure we are all ears.