PDA

View Full Version : TeleCommunications.com NO RESERVE

11th August 2006, 07:28 PM
Russian IDN: телекоммуникации.com / Telecommunications.com (1 word)
(Punycode: xn--80ajambakbfmamk5cwa6c.com)

Starting Bid: $100.00
Bid Increments: $30.00
Auction closes 48 hours after last bid

13th August 2006, 05:10 PM
Closed.

Drewbert
13th August 2006, 06:17 PM
I'm wondering whether we need to adopt Giant's habit of putting square brackets around ascii representations of domain names when the ascii version ISN'T what the person owns?

ie [TeleCommunications].com

This highlights that the domain in question has the meaning rather than IS the domain.

Thoughts anyone?

bramiozo
13th August 2006, 06:26 PM
I'm wondering whether we need to adopt Giant's habit of putting square brackets around ascii representations of domain names when the ascii version ISN'T what the person owns?

ie [TeleCommunications].com

This highlights that the domain in question has the meaning rather than IS the domain.

Thoughts anyone?

I am willing to adopt that, it's kinda intuitive :) .

13th August 2006, 06:27 PM
Drewbert, im not sure i understand you...putting the brackets by the seller when seller is not sure or when i.e theres a name up for auction and another member when feels it isnt correct will post a reply just with [the word for auction] ? .
the only other option i can think of is to put the trsanslated ascii word/domain in []?

Drewbert
13th August 2006, 06:50 PM
Your post subject suggests you are selling telecommunications.com, but you're not, you're selling a translation or transliteration, so instead you put

"Re: [TeleCommunications].com NO RESERVE"

indicating that it's not the ascii version of the domain that's up for sale no reserve.

This would also be good to stop the owners of the ascii domains getting pissed off with people posting their domains for sale :)

This discussion should probably go in a seperate thread so more people see it and discuss, but I don't have the droit to move it.

13th August 2006, 06:52 PM
I think the fact u write russian idn or whatever language idn does the job..but sure...im [in]