PDA

View Full Version : Need help setting up AWSTATS

rhys
11th August 2006, 07:37 PM
OK - Dreamhost is great value for the price. I switched from Hostgator to Dreamhost so that I wouldn't have subdomains anymore because Dreamhost allows for unlimited domains to be hosted.

Dreamhost is great but I miss my AWSTATS terribly and I lack the technical chops to get AWSTATS up and running for my domains. (The help wiki seems to be directed towards c.s. grad students....as opposed to the noobie).

Is there anyone here that can install AWSTATS for me at Dreamhost? I'm happy to pay something reasonable.

Fka200
26th November 2006, 08:53 PM
OK - Dreamhost is great value for the price. I switched from Hostgator to Dreamhost so that I wouldn't have subdomains anymore because Dreamhost allows for unlimited domains to be hosted.

Dreamhost is great but I miss my AWSTATS terribly and I lack the technical chops to get AWSTATS up and running for my domains. (The help wiki seems to be directed towards c.s. grad students....as opposed to the noobie).

Is there anyone here that can install AWSTATS for me at Dreamhost? I'm happy to pay something reasonable.

just curious, what's wrong with having them as subdomains ? I switched from dreamhost to hostgator...?!

rhys
27th November 2006, 03:10 AM
just curious, what's wrong with having them as subdomains ? I switched from dreamhost to hostgator...?!

It detracts from you PR and/or hurts you from an SEO perspective. Anyway, for the same price at Dreamhost you don't have to worry about it, so why not?

I still use hostgator but only for some secondary domains.

Fka200
27th November 2006, 04:13 AM
Will have to see what's going on with that... i have a host with HostPC, but never use them. I tried to install awstats once, but didn't succeed :(.