PDA

View Full Version : How about changing to a better VB style?

duskdawn
11th August 2006, 09:35 PM
Well, not a big deal but I do find NP, DNF and WHT 's customized VB layouts are more attractive and "pro" than ours. Sometimes a better looking forum does attract more recurrent visits.
Just don't know how many here agree with me.:rolleyes:

thefabfive
11th August 2006, 09:43 PM
I agree. This would be a good time, before IE7, to get the board ready for the big time.

rhys
11th August 2006, 11:23 PM
Is it just me? I rather like this format, I dislike DNForum format

alpha
11th August 2006, 11:28 PM
Well, not a big deal but I do find NP, DNF and WHT 's customized VB layouts are more attractive and "pro" than ours. Sometimes a better looking forum does attract more recurrent visits.
Just don't know how many here agree with me.:rolleyes:

I always thought the clean lines and subtle shades here were pro. As apposed to all those other pimped up forums.

can you be specific, what is it mising here?

domainguru
11th August 2006, 11:32 PM
Information is king, presentation is mere bling

alpha
11th August 2006, 11:42 PM
Information is king, presentation is mere bling

well put. hehe

Olney
12th August 2006, 12:06 AM
I actually changed the whole forum in February, from Simple Machines to VB...
If you remember what the forum looked like before, I think you'd let sit for a while.
One more month till the site is 1 year old...

alpha
12th August 2006, 12:08 AM
I actually changed the whole forum in February, from Simple Machines to VB...
If you remember what the forum looked like before, I think you'd let sit for a while.
One more month till the site is 1 year old...

If theres to be any resources thrown at this site, I'd ask that the speed is looked at first - it's starting to have periods of grinding to a halt again... I'm noticing it more often now.

Giant
12th August 2006, 02:06 AM
If theres to be any resources thrown at this site, I'd ask that the speed is looked at first - it's starting to have periods of grinding to a halt again... I'm noticing it more often now.

Yes, speed is a big problem to me. Every time I read the posts, I always have to work on something else while I wait for the page to come up.

I use the "New Posts" button a lot, but I missed a lot of posts that I have not read. I don't have time to section by section to check all the unread posts, if I can just click on "New Posts" and find all the unread posts in the last 2 days that would be great.

Rubber Duck
17th August 2006, 09:03 AM
Yes, speed is a big problem to me. Every time I read the posts, I always have to work on something else while I wait for the page to come up.

I use the "New Posts" button a lot, but I missed a lot of posts that I have not read. I don't have time to section by section to check all the unread posts, if I can just click on "New Posts" and find all the unread posts in the last 2 days that would be great.

Yes, the option to scan back a day or two would be useful. If you click Home sometimes you get a few more.

I always thought the clean lines and subtle shades here were pro. As apposed to all those other pimped up forums.

can you be specific, what is it mising here?

Ditto.