PDA

View Full Version : Buying Chinese IDN (Budget up to $2k)

IDNCowboy
26th January 2006, 06:40 PM
For 2k i'm expecting something like computer.com which is offered by someone else on this forum at that price.

This is a wanted thread. Do not post "you cannot get this for that price etc"

Send domain sand prices via PM thanks

VERY SERIOUS but I've been deciding what to get. The name I was looking to get was sold last night after competitive bidding.

touchring
26th January 2006, 06:55 PM
Dave's got computer.com (china version) in traditional chinese.

If you want very prime Chinese domains like mobile, computer, loans, etc, you need to check the whois information and email their registrants - although those people got their domains around 2001, so i'm not sure if 2k is enough.

kenne
26th January 2006, 07:12 PM
I have Flashcard.com in Chinese IDN. and i'm offering it at namepros and DS for at least $10000.

I'm a newbie. so not quite sure this pricing is too greedy. What does Touchring think?

thanks

touchring
26th January 2006, 07:27 PM
I have Flashcard.com in Chinese IDN. and i'm offering it at namepros and DS for at least $10000.

I'm a newbie. so not quite sure this pricing is too greedy. What does Touchring think?

thanks

I think it's too much, you might want to remove 1 or 2 zeros.

Most people are not willing to pay for IDNs, and prefer to spend weeks digging through translators and just to register a few dozen $7 domains.

After a few weeks of digging, the smarter ones will realized that it's not worth their time (i come from a place where hrly rates are 1/3 of the UK and the US, and i feel it's not worth my time just digging all the way). Maybe if i am living in China, and earn $350 a mth as an engineer, then i will prefer to spend my nights digging.

Maybe we should outsource this kind of manual work to India - new business opportunity?? :-D

kenne
26th January 2006, 07:36 PM
lol. create a new industry... Are you saying you actually don't know the languages Chinese Japanese? I don't know about Japanese, but you have really good chinese ones!

Especially without the chinese ovt, it's really hard even for me...

touchring
26th January 2006, 07:40 PM
Whether you know the language or not, you still must dig, in fact, if you know the language, you will spend more time since you have higher standards for those domains. FYI, our Taiwanese friends at idnclub also spend a lot of time searching.

kenne
26th January 2006, 08:04 PM
Yup I did lots of search in the last few days. 19/20 terms i want is taken. using taiwanese ovt, it's amazing what quirkiness people reveal through their search habits...

But I digress. Jeff, after Touchring has knocked a zero from my asking price, my Flashcard.com is now priced x,xxx. But no magic can endow it with OVT = 1xxxxxx ALAS

touchring
26th January 2006, 08:26 PM
What's the chinese character for flashcard? I can't seem to figure out that.

kenne
26th January 2006, 08:32 PM
闪盘 (FLASH DISK)

there are other variations. but this is the most common i think.

IDNCowboy
26th January 2006, 09:09 PM
闪盘 (FLASH DISK)

there are other variations. but this is the most common i think.
one worders only........... or hot keywords that i can sell more than one thing
not interested in flashcards sorry

bwhhisc
27th January 2006, 12:10 AM
Is there a site or company that is openly listing IDNs for sale with listed prices or bids at this time (in addition to this forum or the "drops".)

sarcle
27th January 2006, 12:20 AM
Afternic.com is the biggest site that has the best resources for purchasing idn.

polin
27th January 2006, 12:22 AM
Hi Jeff,
I have some computer related IDNs.
筆記型電腦.com (Laptop in Traditional Chinese) xn--xgs744fpgem3jlhq.com
筆記型電腦.net (Laptop in Traditional Chinese) xn--xgs744fpgem3jlhq.net
笔记本电脑.net (Laptop in Simplicated Chinese) xn--8pv752a1qej5gmyo
台式机.com (Desktop computer in Simplicated Chinese) xn--kprs2xirg.com
視訊.com (Webcam in Traditional Chinese) xn--yw2ayi.com

PM me if you interested.