PDA

View Full Version : Good to eat your veggies!

IDNCowboy
26th January 2006, 06:47 PM
プチトマト .com picked up today from a drop .jp ovt 8000 seems to be "tomato"

gammascalper
26th January 2006, 06:53 PM
It's small tomato.

This is tomato: トマト ovt 16k

Life doesn't get much better for me than to hang out in a smoke-filled izakaya with a frosty mug of Sapporo and a plate of sliced momotaro with japanese mayo over ice.

IDNCowboy
26th January 2006, 07:33 PM
so is this worth anything?

gammascalper
26th January 2006, 07:39 PM
I would say the arabic and russian domains you showed earlier are far superior.

But all bets are off if a chain of french/italian fast food restaurants decides to name itself プチトマト.

Edwin
26th January 2006, 07:52 PM
Not sure why, but all the Overture results below the first look adult. So perhaps it's something with meaning in the adult industry. I've certainly never seen anybody selling small tomatoes in the supermarket using that label.

kenne
26th January 2006, 08:38 PM
my mind careening to a totally lascivious direction....

IDNCowboy
26th January 2006, 09:10 PM
but in the u.s. we have cherry tomatoes which are small tomatoes

you're saying these couldn't be small tomatoes?

Edwin
26th January 2006, 09:17 PM
I'm saying that the Overture scores pretty much rule that out and/or it's acquired a secondary meaning that has completely overwhelmed the "real" one. Either way, I wouldn't be approaching tomato growers any time soon!

IDNCowboy
26th January 2006, 09:33 PM
I'm saying that the Overture scores pretty much rule that out and/or it's acquired a secondary meaning that has completely overwhelmed the "real" one. Either way, I wouldn't be approaching tomato growers any time soon!
I'm confused are you saying that based on the overture this name is one to keep and sell for high profit? or is it worth reg fee or less?

Edwin
26th January 2006, 09:40 PM
I have no idea, depends what the adult association of the term refers to - that's research I'm not interested in pursuing further. I'm saying it probably has zero value with regards to the tomato industry.

sarcle
26th January 2006, 09:57 PM
I know this is off .jp topic, but I recently got огурчик.com (cucumber) in russian.

Us Ovt with ext. 380 Link (http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/?term=%D0%BE%D0%B3%D1%83%D1%80%D1%87%D0%B8%D0%BA%2Ecom&mkt=us&lang=en_US)

Veggies are good :p

blastfromthepast
21st July 2006, 03:06 PM
Not sure why, but all the Overture results below the first look adult. So perhaps it's something with meaning in the adult industry. I've certainly never seen anybody selling small tomatoes in the supermarket using that label.

You do grocery shopping?

http://www.kagome.co.jp/products/food/images/pic/1616.jpg

Edwin
21st July 2006, 03:50 PM
What I said about the Overture result is still true.