PDA

View Full Version : paypal is the biggest obstacle faces arabic idners

g
17th August 2006, 03:15 PM
the blog is moved to a new location

http://www.xn--mgb5a8an.com/article12.htm
I wish to write articles and provides all of you with needed information and hear your idn experiences as usual

I am back this time with an article supposed to had been posted at May

in brief ... I said that not a single arabic country is approved by paypal and we wish to hear better news from google or gbuy

باي بال اكبر عائق امام التجارة الالكترونية للافراد العرب
اقرأ التفاصيل في البلوجر نطاق
http://www.xn--mgb5a8an.com/article12.htm

you will also find all the old articles in the articles section

Regards

domainstosell
17th August 2006, 03:32 PM
g,

It may just be my computer, but the encoding on the blog may be incorrect, as it is not coming out as Arabic, but as gibberish symbols...

alex
17th August 2006, 03:55 PM
It may just be my computer, but the encoding on the blog may be incorrect, as it is not coming out as Arabic, but as gibberish symbols...

I see the header tag is set to

<meta http-equiv='Content-Type' content='text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1'>

domainstosell
17th August 2006, 04:09 PM
I see the header tag is set to

<meta http-equiv='Content-Type' content='text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1'>

Ah, there's the issue...

mulligan
17th August 2006, 04:19 PM
Ah, there's the issue...

To cover this if I use the tag:

<meta http-equiv='Content-Type' content='text/html;charset=uft-8'>

Will this tag ensure all/most? languages will display correctly?

domainstosell
17th August 2006, 04:22 PM

I'm pretty sure that will do it, however, on my site I was having problems with words with accents and umlauts (i.e. satellitetélévision.com, urlaubtürkei.com). They weren't re-encoding correctly. But if you go to http://pinyin.info/tools/converter/chars2uninumbers.html, this is a tool to convert words to Unicode, so they will show up correctly..., just cut and paste the Unicode. I only had to do this with French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, etc. Not Cryllic or script languages.

Drewbert
17th August 2006, 04:27 PM

No. but charset=utf-8 might.

domainstosell
17th August 2006, 04:28 PM
No. but charset=utf-8 might.

Nice catch!

g
17th August 2006, 04:46 PM
thanks domainstosell

I will try to fix it

blastfromthepast
19th August 2006, 02:57 PM
This is a very bad move. Since Olney is against syndication of RSS feeds, this means that your blog is now inaccessible.

touchring
19th August 2006, 06:13 PM
the blog is moved to a new location provided by dnforum

http://www.dnforum.com/blogs/?w=arabicidns
in brief ... I said that not a single arabic country is approved by paypal and we wish to hear better news from google or gbuy
[/url]

Regards

For big amts, e.g. $xxxx, you can use escrow.com which does wire transfer. For small amts, you can ask someone on this forum to help you receive using paypal, and then use the money for topping up the credit for a DS account, etc. :)

g
19th August 2006, 10:26 PM
For big amts, e.g. $xxxx, you can use escrow.com which does wire transfer. For small amts, you can ask someone on this forum to help you receive using paypal, and then use the money for topping up the credit for a DS account, etc.

You won't imagine how horrible is the net business without paypal unless you lose it .

it is not only buying and selling idns but even when you think of development

adsense is using paypal and the customers want only paypal

also wire transfer cost a lot especially to international banks

I discussed that in detail in the article but it seems paypal is not only the biggest problem faces idners but also many technical errors related to unicode. :)

I cann't think of arabic website that earns alot of money

yes many arabic websites are popular but how much they earn online

and why they are not earning much from arabic customers

all ways leads to paypal at the end

I am still waiting for juicy offer for my IDNs that worth the wire transfer :)

This is a very bad move. Since Olney is against syndication of RSS feeds, this means that your blog is now inaccessible.

sorry, I don't understand

my blog is accessible but unreadable due to unicode errors right?

abdussamad
8th September 2006, 04:19 PM
Google Adsense delivers money by cheques not paypal.

g
11th September 2006, 12:26 AM
Google Adsense delivers money by cheques not paypal.

Hi abdussamad,

How do you sell your domains if you are not going to develop them? and how do you receives the money especially if you are selling names for 50$ or so?

there are at least 1200 arabic user agrees with me
http://www.swalif.net/softs/showthread.php?t=169082

this petition and comments shows you how many arab users need paypal

by the way I am not a member of swalif and I didn't do the petition.

Regards

touchring
11th September 2006, 02:19 AM
I'm sure there are ways, how does KuwaitNet receive small amounts?

Wot
11th September 2006, 02:23 AM
I do not ,and will not, use paypal.

I solld in excess of 800 domain names last year, the majority through escrow.com

Smaller amounts, I get "buyer"to credit one of the registrar(s) I use.

Always need money for new regs or particularly renewals. :)

g
11th September 2006, 02:28 AM
I'm sure there are ways, how does KuwaitNet receive small amounts?

I don't know about kuwaitnet but some arab have relatives in USA or europe who make accounts for them .... or some other indirect ways that I am not aware of

I do not ,and will not, use paypal.

I solld in excess of 800 domain names last year, the majority through escrow.com

Smaller amounts, I get "buyer"to credit one of the registrar(s) I use.

Always need money for new regs or particularly renewals. :)

Hi Wot,

The article I wrote says that money transfer to international banks is much expensive comparing to transfer to american banks which is sometimes free.

the arabic domainer has to wait for x,xxx$ offer to worth the costs and fees

I hope sawafi can do something about that because it will be a big arabic search engine who is going to sell ads to arab mainly.

Wot
11th September 2006, 09:19 AM
I don't know about kuwaitnet but some arab have relatives in USA or europe who make accounts for them .... or some other indirect ways that I am not aware of

Hi Wot,

The article I wrote says that money transfer to international banks is much expensive comparing to transfer to american banks which is sometimes free.

the arabic domainer has to wait for x,xxx$ offer to worth the costs and fees

I hope sawafi can do something about that because it will be a big arabic search engine who is going to sell ads to arab mainly.

Hi,

Escrow.com will also send a check/cheque - foc , usually arrives one week after completion of transaction.

I have a good relationship with a couple of banks here in Thailand and they give me credit pending clearance.

Try some of yours?

g
25th November 2012, 11:25 AM
arab traders are still disappointed till now >>>
http://www.paypalalarab.com

I do not know if this site is trustable or not >>>> but I liked the idea because I used to think to make something similar

bwhhisc
25th November 2012, 02:01 PM
arab traders are still disappointed till now >>>
http://www.paypalalarab.com

I do not know if this site is trustable or not >>>> but I liked the idea because I used to think to make something similar

They picked an intersting name, looking for big trouble. :eek:

domainguru
25th November 2012, 02:30 PM
They picked an intersting name, looking for big trouble. :eek:

I think the more appropriate word for their choice of name is 'dumbass' :no:

Expect the site to disappear very quickly. Nobody that dumbassish should be running a financial site.

Muhammad Mustafa
25th November 2012, 06:33 PM

Expect the site to disappear very quickly. Nobody that dumbassish should be running a financial site.

In my experience, most Arab care less about copyrights/legal stuff, specially online because of the lack of laws in this area, people don't use TM names because they love to break the law, but, because of less awareness about related issues...

I remember these old days when I first entered the biz, I had zero knowledge about these legal stuff, the first thing I thought about was to look for TM names to sell for millions later :lol: ... that site gonna last, and no TM issues gonna raised (at least locally)!

Rubber Duck
25th November 2012, 06:42 PM
In my experience, most Arab care less about copyrights/legal stuff, specially online because of the lack of laws in this area, people don't use TM names because they love to break the law, but, because of less awareness about related issues...

I remember these old days when I first entered the biz, I had zero knowledge about these legal stuff, the first thing I thought about was to look for TM names to sell for millions later :lol: ... that site gonna last, and no TM issues gonna raised (at least locally)!

Yep, that is about the size of things. The average Arab has as much awareness of Trademark Laws as the average American has of Islamic Culture.

g
25th November 2012, 08:37 PM
Yep, that is about the size of things. The average Arab has as much awareness of Trademark Laws as the average American has of Islamic Culture.

I do not think it is a problem of awareness rather than forcing and implementation of laws. Trademark laws are not implemented although present in the constitution. The goveronments are corrupt to care about implementing such laws. So generations grew up in an unhealthy atmosphere.

g
25th November 2012, 08:40 PM

I first saw this site at facebook sponsored links

I do not know how facebook approved his ads ... I always have problems with facebook ads strict rules although I do not infringe any TMs or use something inappropriate...

domainguru
26th November 2012, 03:17 AM

It will be Paypal that raises the TM issue. Its called UDRP and applied worldwide. Ignorance is not bliss with domain names.

clipper
26th November 2012, 06:26 AM
Is there any evidence that this site is not legit?

WHOIS is hidden. It may be owned by Paypal/Ebay. Or it may be a licensee of Ebay.

If they want to launch existing services in new markets, the smartest thing for established Western companies to do is to license their IP to locals who know the marketing landscape.

M.Shkear
26th November 2012, 07:33 AM
Pay pal alarab web site is a new web site offers new service for arab people who paypal blocked the service in there countries

so we as paypal alarab team offers this service with a solution to opens a new paypal account with 30 day's of guarantee

u can ask us any question u need

we are trusted web site and trusted service

contact us on our web site

paypalalarab.com

or on our facebook page ...

http://www.facebook.com/paypalalarab

we are waiting you people :)

best regards ...

alpha
26th November 2012, 07:45 AM
Welcome. I only have 2 questions

are you affiliated with PayPal (http://paypal.com)?
assuming you are not affiliated with PayPal, how long do you think it will be before you are sued?

M.Shkear
26th November 2012, 07:52 AM
how r u my friend ...

i'm just an arabic man who tried there srervices

they told me what i've post

for your questions

i've asked them and they tell me that

they aren't affiliate with paypal

about sued i do'nt know much about this ..

g
26th November 2012, 11:43 AM
how r u my friend ...

i'm just an arabic man who tried there srervices

they told me what i've post

for your questions

i've asked them and they tell me that

they aren't affiliate with paypal

about sued i do'nt know much about this ..

You need to know that you are taking great risk to use unlicensed insecure ways to transfer money online, although it may appear cheap and easy but this website can vanish in a day and you loose your money

Please Never recommend illegal websites to other people although you are satisfied with their services

People worldwide take this seriously and if paypal knew about it they will jump immediately and you will not find this website again.

g
26th November 2012, 11:44 AM
Welcome. I only have 2 questions

are you affiliated with PayPal (http://paypal.com)?
assuming you are not affiliated with PayPal, how long do you think it will be before you are sued?

He is not the owner . he just copied and quoted their message

alpha
26th November 2012, 12:08 PM
He is not the owner . he just copied and quoted their message

so it's coincidence that a day after receiving a ping back from a link to that site quoted here, he signs up here?

i think he's the owner, and just playing dumb to avoid the awkward questions.

bumblebee man
26th November 2012, 12:20 PM
so it's coincidence that a day after receiving a ping back from a link to that site quoted here, he signs up here?

Sure looks like it. Maybe the inability to use Paypal isn't the only obstacle to development of the Arab internet.

Rubber Duck
26th November 2012, 02:50 PM

Some don't need to play very hard :lol:

Muhammad Mustafa
26th November 2012, 03:21 PM

Totally agree...

I do not think it is a problem of awareness rather than forcing and implementation of laws. Trademark laws are not implemented although present in the constitution. The goveronments are corrupt to care about implementing such laws. So generations grew up in an unhealthy atmosphere.

I believe both plays a role, laws exist but very weak to protect anyone, lack of awareness makes no one even know that he can take infringers to court!
generations grew up in an unhealthy atmosphere ... so hard, but true! :(

It will be Paypal that raises the TM issue. Its called UDRP and applied worldwide. Ignorance is not bliss with domain names.

I am aware about UDRP, I was talking about local courts, but if PP decided to do so, that site won't stand and would lose the case 100% I believe...

I'd believe so too, it would seem too wired for me if he isn't the owner!! same writing style, date of registration and type of participation in the forum over that past day, sick attitude!