PDA

View Full Version : ASCII Reg Date vs IDN Reg Date

thegenius1
17th August 2006, 09:02 PM
Just for some fun entertainment and to gain some knowledge what year we maybe in as far as IDN Years , Lets post some of our Reg's from this week and the Date the ASCII version was Registered.

I'll Start it off with 物业税.com PropertyTax.com Regd yesterday

PropertyTax.com Ascii version Regd

Expiration Date: 2013-02-01
Creation Date: 1995-01-31

domainstosell
17th August 2006, 09:24 PM
אופניים.net
[Bicycle.net] - Hebrew
Reg'd today
Bicycle.net reg'd 8/7/1996

ניתוחפלסטי.com
[PlasticSurgery.com]
Reg'd yesterday
PlasticSurgery.com reg'd 11/13/1997

17th August 2006, 10:58 PM
[Israel.com] Record created on 12-Apr-1994.
израиль.com Creation Date: 25-jan-2006

Drewbert
18th August 2006, 12:41 AM
I don't think is is a very acurrate way of looking at it.

I'd be more inclined to look at the date of first reg of the latinised version of the word.

If you were checking guía.com you'd check back against guia.com rather than guide.com after all.

domainstosell
18th August 2006, 12:47 AM
I don't think is is a very acurrate way of looking at it.

I'd be more inclined to look at the date of first reg of the latinised version of the word.

If you were checking guía.com you'd check back against guia.com rather than guide.com after all.

Yeah, that's true, plus it is going to vary widely depending on the language, internet useage by that language group etc. Still kind of fun to look at, though.

thegenius1
31st March 2007, 03:16 PM
What year is it Now ?

Rubber Duck
31st March 2007, 05:49 PM
How about looking at things in a slightly different way, and perhaps asking a few more pertinent questions:

When was the first parking revenue available of ASCII and what kind of revenues were people receiving? How does that compares with IDN now and what are your expectations.

When did the aftermarket in ASCII develop? How much in advance of Parking Revenue did that occur.

How many investors are already in the IDN market and what year where there comparable numbers in the ASCII market?

SciFi
31st March 2007, 08:04 PM
After investing some good penny in iDNs I'm afraid it's a Crap shoot.

Just like in Economics they look for utility function, here, on the web, who's going to use IDNs and How?

Rubber Duck
31st March 2007, 08:24 PM

Just like in Economics they look for utility function, here, on the web, who's going to use IDNs and How?

No, the question is not who, that is pretty much obvious. It is a question of when they are going to be given reasonable opportunity to use them not only as Browsers, but also as Webmasters.

ICANN are giving no clear answer for the Top Level Mappings and Microsoft have completely mised everyone over Browser Support. However, it is essential to the survival of both organisations that they come through on this and soon, whether they fully appreciate it or not.

thegenius1
31st March 2007, 08:27 PM

How long have you been investing in IDN's