PDA

View Full Version : DNForums News Thread

Rubber Duck
27th January 2006, 08:49 PM
Has anyone notice how DotComGod has now stepped in and taken over my former mantle of starting most of the News Threads, in order to try to revive his flagging forum.

Why can he not see that to acheive this, he has to start addressing the main Domain Issue of the Moment rather than just keep hoping it will go away!

Best Regards
Dave

sarcle
27th January 2006, 09:18 PM
I believe it's just automated. He just has an rss news feed set up at 1:00 everyday and it autoposts as if he is doing the work. But there is no way that he can bulk post like that all at the same time without it being this.

No work involved. Just main domain news stories once a day.

That's awesome!
HE'S SPAMMING HIS OWN FORUM!!!!!

bwhhisc
27th January 2006, 09:21 PM
I haven't been visiting there too much...I have newer and far more international reaching things to do. The way I see it the TLD domain gold rush is basically o-v-e-r, but many keep panning along that same stream anyway.

Rubber Duck
27th January 2006, 11:00 PM
I believe it's just automated. He just has an rss news feed set up at 1:00 everyday and it autoposts as if he is doing the work. But there is no way that he can bulk post like that all at the same time without it being this.

No work involved. Just main domain news stories once a day.

That's awesome!
HE'S SPAMMING HIS OWN FORUM!!!!!

No wonder there aren't many replies to his threads!

Dave

Olney
28th January 2006, 01:20 AM
My take on it is it's just business for his team. I mean I being a website developer for ages & SEO consultant I can do most of the stuff I need to do myself, being bilingual in Japanese & English helped me think about how to effectively go from domaining to letting the world think about Domaining 2.0

DotComGod has to run his business, I got no gripes with that, I'm still a member at his forum. Dave after you left I did realize you made up about 40% of DNF's news stories.

The content of that section really went stagnant. It's a good thing that they are quickly able to make changes their members are still their customers & most likely apppreciate DotComGod's dedication effort to bring value to his community...

DNForum is a valuable resource to the domaing community in whole IDN Forums just brings the international community to a whole other level...