PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin in Japanese

IDNCowboy
27th January 2006, 11:16 PM
イルカ .com got it today in a drop 16k OVT in .jp

Yea yea I know I should be going after the bigger $ making names but all the good dictionary words are gone :P and I found this to have 16k ovt while other dictionary words I found (very few) had 2k-4k ovt)

gammascalper
27th January 2006, 11:39 PM
That's pretty interesting. Usually katakana are loanwords and when spoken sound like the word in the language they're taken from.

This sounds like "iruka".

At first I thought it was Orca without doing the translation, but it certainly does look like dolphin.

Nice.

touchring
28th January 2006, 09:19 AM
Good catch, i saw this and got it translated to Dolphin as well. Some Japanese view Dolphin as food, so this might be considered a commercial food domain. :-p

That is the best drop for yesterday except for maybe a trademark domain. There's always opportunity for everyone. :-D

IDNCowboy
28th January 2006, 03:05 PM
Good catch, i saw this and got it translated to Dolphin as well. Some Japanese view Dolphin as food, so this might be considered a commercial food domain. :-p

That is the best drop for yesterday except for maybe a trademark domain. There's always opportunity for everyone. :-D
what was the TM name? LOL

Jan 22nd should be the best drop day in history with all those cities droppin and i didn't get a single one! :P

but i did get some nice names in other languages hehheh

rhys
30th January 2006, 04:43 PM
Could anyone kindly direct me to the thread where we discuss how to find what IDN .jp or .com names are dropping?

Rubber Duck
30th January 2006, 04:46 PM
Could anyone kindly direct me to the thread where we discuss how to find what IDN .jp or .com names are dropping?

If you go to Pool.com there is a list of dropping domains. All the IDN are filed under X.

Doubt if you'll find dot JP on that list though!

Dave

IDNCowboy
13th February 2006, 07:18 AM
イルカ .com got it today in a drop 16k OVT in .jp

Yea yea I know I should be going after the bigger $ making names but all the good dictionary words are gone :P and I found this to have 16k ovt while other dictionary words I found (very few) had 2k-4k ovt)
Goes to show you that even names with low ovt can get nice traffic....

parked it and within last 24 hours got 5 uniques with 4 uniques the day before in a 6 hour window..........

So............. I might either sell it or maybe sell dolphin patties...ya know i hear that dolphin is a pretty popular meal there.

Kid Cuisine Dolphin Nuggets mmmm

touchring
13th February 2006, 11:20 AM
I checked on Dolphin on the drop day, remembered that there was a japanese website with the dolphin name.

bwhhisc
13th February 2006, 07:06 PM
Some bad press comes up on Yahoo re: dolphins and Japanese fisherman.

http://www.seashepherd.org/events/protest031104.html