PDA

View Full Version : Got these today - how are they?

IDNCowboy
22nd August 2006, 12:19 AM
エントリー entry.com in japanese 4000 ovt $2.00 click Millions of Google Results
not sure what it is, if it is a TM or what. I don't think it is a TM. It seems to be a job related keyword according to the advertisers on google.

おもしろい.net (It is funny - japanese) 10,000 ovt

thegenius1
22nd August 2006, 12:28 AM
not sure what it is, if it is a TM or what. I don't think it is a TM. It seems to be a job related keyword according to the advertisers on google.

Yeah entry is probably related to data entry or something , nice one worder as they are all almost extinct

I picked up マネーローン.com MoneyLoan.com top bid ¥1,511

rhys
22nd August 2006, 12:43 AM

おもしろい.net (It is funny - japanese) 10,000 ovt

エントリー can mean "enter" as in a shop, contest, race, or a company. The bids all seem to relate to the latter case - entering a new job or new company. Could be good, depends on what % of the traffic is looing for something job related. It will be interesting.

As for おもしろい ("interesting", "funny") it is a less common form and in a .net, but I'd hold onto it. It is brandable and has ok OVT to support it. Similar OVT is 面白い ~9000. Best form is 面白 with ovt 30,366. I own 面白.jp and picked it up about a month ago I think (.com and .net are gone btw so don't bother).

burnsinternet
22nd August 2006, 01:08 AM
エントリー can mean "enter" as in a shop, contest, race, or a company. The bids all seem to relate to the latter case - entering a new job or new company. Could be good, depends on what % of the traffic is looing for something job related. It will be interesting.

As for おもしろい ("interesting", "funny") it is a less common form and in a .net, but I'd hold onto it. It is brandable and has ok OVT to support it. Similar OVT is 面白い ~9000. Best form is 面白 with ovt 30,366. I own 面白.jp and picked it up about a month ago I think (.com and .net are gone btw so don't bother).

Is おもしろ the same thing as おもしろい? I have the おもしろ.jp.

thefabfive
22nd August 2006, 01:12 AM
Is おもしろ the same thing as おもしろい? I have the おもしろ.jp.A quick check of Google trends (http://google.com/trends?q=おもしろ, おもしろい&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all) tells the tale.

burnsinternet
22nd August 2006, 01:17 AM
A quick check of Google trends (http://google.com/trends?q=おもしろ, おもしろい&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all) tells the tale.

I just wanted to make sure I got a meaningful domain name. It looked good when I got it months ago. When I saw this post, I was worried that I had made a bad reg. So, they both mean the same thing? Approximately?

rhys
22nd August 2006, 01:18 AM
I just wanted to make sure I got a meaningful domain name. It looked good when I got it months ago. When I saw this post, I was worried that I had made a bad reg. So, they both mean the same thing? Approximately?

Burns, おもしろ is the best form to have with over 387,000 OVT and in .jp no less. Congrats!

burnsinternet
22nd August 2006, 01:28 AM
Burns, おもしろ is the best form to have with over 387,000 OVT and in .jp no less. Congrats!

I have not been immersed in the Asian domains and I don't have nearly as many as I would like. The Overtures (and Wordstat) are 'funny' (but not 'おもしろ' or amusing) with Russian, French, Portuguese, Spanish, etc. Two-word combos are sometimes backwards and diacritics are often ignored, so you make your best educated guess and sometimes double reg to hedge your bets. I was worried that was the case here. Thanks for the reassurance!