PDA

View Full Version : The conversation that created this site

Olney
28th January 2006, 03:07 AM
I was just going to NP & looking at my old post & how fustrating it used to be.
Remembering the old days.

http://www.namepros.com/domain-appraisals/122358-2-highest-stat-japanese-video-game.html

Anyway during this conversation I registered IDNForums.com & the next day the site was live.

Hopefully estimated value of IDN domains has changed in people's minds.

I've PM hookah to see if he can participate because he said he had a collection of IDN domains. I'm not trying to make him look bad but this kind of conversation was all too common. (Even though me & Dave had the same kind at first on DNF)...

bwhhisc
28th January 2006, 11:07 AM
That was a great thread...be interested to see if he is willing to give you more than reg fee for those domains barely 4 months later...How f-a-s-t- things change.

bwhhisc
28th January 2006, 12:24 PM
Be reminded that some people have very much "made up thier minds" about IDN. This is from just a few weeks ago at "another forum".

from post on January 2, 2006 at "another forum"
QUOTE: "My guess is that most people investing in these names will get detroyed (financially). People are buying these names with absolutely no understanding of the words. They don't understand the subtle nuances that make the words valuable....or not.

It's pretty much a dotcom world....you don't see too many UDRP cases involving names other than Dotcom (guess what that means). Hopefully they keep buying them though because that leaves more of the Dotcom names for me. Dotcom gets stronger every day because of all of this. There are exceptions to every rule but my money is on WIPEOUT. end QUOTE.

LOL- I like the fact that he is happy others are buying IDN's so that leaves more .coms for him. Hey friend, there are 271,000 over at GoDaddy/TDMAN alone today, most can be had at about $10