PDA

View Full Version : Punctuated IDN's --==## ¿que.com ##==--

23rd August 2006, 06:36 PM
- It is possible to Reg Spanish IDN Domains which include the Spanish keys exclamation point ( ¡ ) and the Spanish keys question mark ( ¿ ). For example ¡inmobiliaria.com ( http://xn--inmobiliaria-jma.com/ ) or ¿Honduras.com ( http://xn--honduras-hqa.com/ ).

- The Spanish keyboard ( ¡ ) and ( ¿ ) are default keys on the Spanish keyboard

- There is a key for ( ¡ ) and in order to type the ( ¿ ) you hit SHIFT and the key where the ( ¡ ) is.

- Search Engines ignore Question marks and Exclamation points etc, which allows full SEO advantage with these domains.

- Marketability options are unlimited via this domains i.e "Want to know all about futbol? - Find it on ¿Fútbol.com or
"Visit Argentina! - ¡Argentina.com"

- These are the 1st domains ever that contain a combination of letters and symbols and can be accessed by any of the millions that are using the Spanish keyboard.

- Since these domains were not seen before, we sincerely ask for your ideas,opinions and input in concerns to them

- Please PM if interested in purchasing them.

- Major Keywords, Country and city names are available.

To read more about Spanish Punctuation visit:
http://spanish.about.com/library/beginning/bl-beg-writing-punctuation.htm

Jose And Michael. :)

touchring
23rd August 2006, 06:42 PM
You can also do SEO using this:

http://mylastcrapdomainnamewhichiwilleverregister.com/inmobiliaria/

23rd August 2006, 06:44 PM
Good luck with marketing it touchring :) and your comparison is way off imo

Drewbert
23rd August 2006, 06:46 PM
I'm pretty sure to be grammatically correct it has to be matched by a "normal" question mark or exclamation mark at the other end of the phrase in question.

But you never know, it might fly.

jose
23rd August 2006, 06:49 PM
A smart investor could buy them all and build the biggest and most complete Spanish network ever and... beat Chena (http://www.chena.com/) using 1/100 of the money he spent on his network!

You must admit guys: this is blasting, bombastic, funcstatic great!

touchring
23rd August 2006, 06:58 PM
Good luck with marketing it touchring :) and your comparison is way off imo

I'm trying to show that SEO can work with any domain. Even a subdomain will do, as long as it shows up in the URL.

23rd August 2006, 07:02 PM
And youre allmost right,but the seo is just one advantage in that specific case.
Reason i say allmost right is because if the domain matches the search query you have an advantage over others...

slight or big advantage is debated for years, but it is agreed the advantage is there.

As for this specific type of domains the domain matches the search query 100% due to the se ignoring the marks.

touchring
23rd August 2006, 07:05 PM
And youre allmost right,but the seo is just one advantage in that specific case.
Reason i say allmost right is because if the domain matches the search query you have an advantage over others...

slight or big advantage is debated for years, but it is agreed the advantage is there.

As for this specific type of domains the domain matches the search query 100% due to the se ignoring the marks.

Yes, only talking about SEO. Not touching on brandability.

Might be possible to prove the advantage by experiment.

blastfromthepast
23rd August 2006, 07:21 PM

alpha
23rd August 2006, 07:22 PM
I also think names prefixed with £ benefit the same way.

what a little experiment I was doing earlier, SEO seemed to be credited to the term minus suffix.

this could be bolox, I only spent an hour looking at it earlier.

23rd August 2006, 07:29 PM
I also think names prefixed with £ benefit the same way.

what a little experiment I was doing earlier, SEO seemed to be credited to the term minus suffix.

this could be bolox, I only spent an hour looking at it earlier.

Its true, enter this and/or other symbols to the search window and u get no results...even if entering it as multiple i.e £ £ £

Rubber Duck
23rd August 2006, 07:48 PM
Its true, enter this and/or other symbols to the search window and u get no results...even if entering it as multiple i.e £ £ £

Yes, but isn't this a matter of a few lines of code in the Algorythm and this interesting anomoly will be consigned to history. There are none of these characters to worry about with ASCII. When Google wake up to this, I think the show will be over pretty quickly.

alpha
23rd August 2006, 07:52 PM
Yes, but isn't this a matter of a few lines of code in the Algorythm and this interesting anomoly will be consigned to history. There are none of these characters to worry about with ASCII. When Google wake up to this, I think the show will be over pretty quickly.

shhh. lets not mention it then. lol

yes you are right of course. I wasn't suggesting we go on a pound sign regging rampage; it was more of an interesting point to mention.

jose
23rd August 2006, 07:54 PM

You're right! But still they are great domains that can all be seen as a spanish network of sites all with prefix ( ¡ ) or ( ¿ ).

Google trends already acknowledges them.

23rd August 2006, 07:54 PM
IMO these highly unique domains yet limited (as they can only exist as spanish idn) wont be worth's google's time and money to cause a change.

To go and change the algo they need to either
1.start recognizing marks
2.partly recognize marks
3."tell the algo" to only recognize marks "attached" to a domain

Neither of these changes imo are in no way a matter of a few line changes of code and it is so much more to the point of not touching it.

jose
23rd August 2006, 08:03 PM
Let's consider google gives the right emphasis to the right symbols in the future.

"€news.com" which for google is NOW "news.com", will became "EUROnews.com". The same for £ or others.

So, a name with "?" or a "!" would be what?

Asking something about that name or making some exclamation about that name!

Neptune
23rd August 2006, 09:51 PM
Couldnt help myself:

¡fiesta.com ¡Fiesta!
¿préstamo.com ¿Préstamo?

Explorer
24th August 2006, 01:43 AM
how about ¿overregging.com?

touchring
24th August 2006, 05:36 AM
how about ¿overregging.com?

Nice one, actually, selecting the best name for this is really a science.

1. Too popular a name, it won't appear at top SERP where there are millions of results.
2. If a name is not "popular enough", it can't be sold on "brandability".
3. Can such combos be resold? I presume people will buy on PPC multiples?

Neptune
24th August 2006, 06:48 AM
haha thanks explorer :) i know probably not smart. at least i didnt get too carried away.

Explorer
24th August 2006, 10:21 AM
haha thanks explorer :) i know probably not smart. at least i didnt get too carried away.

I wasn't suggesting that punctuated IDNs is a bad idea. When the supply of quality IDNs dries up, this is what people do. Try to be creative and go to the next step.

I just wanted to point out that we rarely talk about overregging, but I am guilty of it. I look at the names I regged just a few months ago and go "what the hell was I thinking?". I feel it is really easy to get carried away thinking that "it's only $6.99".

jose
24th August 2006, 06:16 PM
Google trends is finally working today. Here's "¿que" and "fiesta"

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%C2%BFque%2C+fiesta&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all

jose
22nd September 2006, 04:23 PM
TrackBall: http://www.carlosblanco.com/2006/09/22/dominios-idn/