PDA

View Full Version : IDNForum Membership - Read before posting

Olney
24th August 2006, 02:41 PM
Dear Members,
I have been in this situation twice now where a member has either gotten upset with other members, or with the moderating staff.

IDNForums is a public viewable forum but is privately owned.
Memberships to the forum are currently free of charge
All content that you write is viewable to others.

When the time comes where a member wants to leave the forum
IDNForum does not take request to delete everything that you have written on the forum.
It doesn't happen on this site, it doesn't happen on other forums.
Those who feel that in the future they may rethink about their membership with IDNForums please refrain from posting.

Giant
24th August 2006, 09:33 PM
Yes, some are "free" members, but many are "Premium Members".

Even "free" members are entitled to basic protections from personal attack or false accusations under the American laws where this forum is based.

Leaving remarks with bad language on the web for 4 - 5 days is not acceptable to all members of decent backgrounds, not just me.

I have no problem with Alphamale and Mulligan, their IQ level of reacting is acceptable to all members here, I never heard anyone accusing them of being too slow in judging.

The ability of self-improving or the ability of knowing when to apologize is not a shame, it's bravery, it's the basic skill that enables people to make a living in this civilized world.

Olney
24th August 2006, 09:56 PM
Ok Giant I personally apologize for the Sahoo incident. It took a long time to weed out several account. The main account that was left opened actually prevented me from banning Chinese members that had domains sold to them that never changed the whois info.
Running the site as far as dealing with members is not going to be my strongpoint, I'm pretty bad at it. The initial need for moderators showed this.

Giant
24th August 2006, 10:11 PM
OK, Olney. I am glad you finally apologize. I don't have intention to find fault with anybody, I am more concerned about how things are handled. Cheers!

Olney
24th August 2006, 10:18 PM
Well Giant personally I'm a lot better at trying to find ways of making you guys money off of IDNs. I can't claim to offer anything else, but thank you for accepting the apology. I'm already consulting with the mods about how to prevent certain issues from happening, or reduce them.

bouldine
11th December 2007, 04:30 PM
thank you

deleted by mod

rhys
11th December 2007, 04:40 PM
thank you

deleted by mod

Clever bot