PDA

View Full Version : CTRs?

Rubber Duck
25th August 2006, 10:55 PM
What are you getting on traffic filtered for Asia?

I am typically getting 17% across the board, except for Farsi, where I am getting 67%. Not quite figure that out yet!

thefabfive
25th August 2006, 11:11 PM
This month I'm getting about 18% for Japanese (filtered for Asia).

Arabic and Farsi both are around 45% (filtered for Asia and Other).

Korean is at 10% (filtered for Asia)

Rubber Duck
25th August 2006, 11:18 PM
Actually, I am getting 40% for Arabic filtered on other.

It looks as though we can conclude it is a script issue. The Arabic alphabet just converts better than others. Is that because it is right to left? :p

My guess is that they are just happy to get to something with vaguely interesting content. I guess these rates will drop off a bit later, when the Internet matures.

thefabfive
25th August 2006, 11:24 PM
It's not the right to left thing. Hebrew only gets 24% CTR (filtered for Asia).

PS - I know you were joking. :)

Olney
25th August 2006, 11:33 PM
I'm getting 21% average but if it wasn't for one IDN that I haven't figured out a good conversion keyword for it & my ASCII domains
It would be around 30% or higher strong.

mulligan
25th August 2006, 11:40 PM
My Japanese is getting 10.76% for all regions.
37.90% for Asia.

Rubber Duck
25th August 2006, 11:45 PM
My Japanese is getting 10.76% for all regions.
37.90% for Asia.

My Japanese is dragged lower by a lot of single characters with traffic, but little CTR.

The exception is さ.com which has turned in $8.58 dollars to date this month. Any idea what it means?

Olney
25th August 2006, 11:57 PM
My Japanese is dragged lower by a lot of single characters with traffic, but little CTR.

The exception is さ.com which has turned in $8.58 dollars to date this month. Any idea what it means?

It's probably your keywords I think.

& Mulligan usually I don't even think about All Regions. That could include anything bots etc. Only thing that matters is the target country.

Edwin
26th August 2006, 01:42 AM
20.6% for Japanese traffic filtered for Asia.

Rubber Duck
26th August 2006, 09:17 AM
20.6% for Japanese traffic filtered for Asia.

Yes, with Average PPC back over 50 cents, it is all looking very encouraging!

touchring
26th August 2006, 10:19 AM
I'm getting 25 cents avg ppc, and 23% CTR. Both views and PPC increased over previous month. PPC might be somewhat distorted by a single 5$ click.

No SEO or site mapping done for Japanese names.

Rubber Duck
26th August 2006, 10:32 AM
I'm getting 25 cents avg ppc, and 23% CTR. Both views and PPC increased over previous month. PPC might be somewhat distorted by a single 5$ click.

No SEO or site mapping done for Japanese names.

Any form of indexing, parking or keyword optimisation is SEO of sorts.

There appears to be generally a trade-off between CTR and PPC. I don't think a $5 click is in any way exceptional. I have had 9 clicks in excess of $1 this week.

touchring
26th August 2006, 12:28 PM
$5 is exceptional for me. Might be because i do not check domains by day, i would usually search for last 30 days to look at avg PPC for a name. When i check by day, i would look for portfolio averages, PPC, etc.

SEO work by that sense is limited to parking and using domains as keyword.

About the tradeoff, yes, i do notice that especially for extremely high traffic names, PPC tend to be lower for some reasons not related to keyword type.

bwhhisc
26th August 2006, 02:07 PM
We got 16% Asia click thru for Japan, setting "vanilla" on most idns at Namedrive.

rhys
27th August 2006, 06:15 AM
For my Japanese domains I have a 50% increase in both visits and click-thrus over last month (Asia only traffic). My CTR is 13% with several sites that seem to be having trouble monetizing. Average ppc is now 41 cents, though it hovered at 30 cents most of the month. I have one site with a 52% CTR despite high traffic and average PPC is $1.00. By itself accounts for almost 50% of my total earnings.

touchring
27th August 2006, 06:17 AM
For my Japanese domains I have a 50% increase in both visits and click-thrus. My CTR is 13% with several sites that seem to be having trouble monetizing. Average ppc is now 41 cents, though it hovered at 30 cents most of the month. I have one site with a 52% CTR despite high traffic and average PPC is $1.00. By itself accounts for almost 50% of my total earnings.

Wow! I think i need to look at my settings again.