PDA

View Full Version : Promoting IDN?

Fka200
26th August 2006, 09:59 AM
Anyone promoting IDNs, AKA letting people know that they can finally use their native languages to visit websites? No one in the middle east (for example, the only area I am familiar with :)) in my opinion will figure it out unless someone tells them. Anyone "spamming" on boards letting know that its possible? Just wondering because when I talked to a relative he was like "goodluck getting the info out" but i the good thing is when Internet Explorer 7 is out + vista, there will be a lot of "pirated" copies everywhere. Not good for microsoft, but good for us IDNers (yeah?) Stupid question, but trying to get active in the forum as well ;)

Rubber Duck
26th August 2006, 10:06 AM
Anyone promoting IDNs, AKA letting people know that they can finally use their native languages to visit websites? No one in the middle east (for example, the only area I am familiar with :)) in my opinion will figure it out unless someone tells them. Anyone "spamming" on boards letting know that its possible? Just wondering because when I talked to a relative he was like "goodluck getting the info out" but i the good thing is when Internet Explorer 7 is out + vista, there will be a lot of "pirated" copies everywhere. Not good for microsoft, but good for us IDNers (yeah?) Stupid question, but trying to get active in the forum as well ;)

I think the way forward is development. When the local SEO experts see they are being outclassed by IDN URLs they will switch on mass, and take their Clients with them.

seamo
26th August 2006, 01:33 PM
I think the way forward is development. When the local SEO experts see they are being outclassed by IDN URLs they will switch on mass, and take their Clients with them.
Amen Brother!...death to Ascii and hello global IDN type-ins. :)

bwhhisc
26th August 2006, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=Fka200]Anyone promoting IDNs, AKA letting people know that they can finally use their native languages to visit websites? No one in the middle east (for example, the only area I am familiar with :)) in my opinion will figure it out unless someone tells them. /QUOTE]

I think native language website urls will start appearing in advertising, everywhere from print to on trains and in buses, it will take off quickly from there. IDN liftoff is going to be a worldwide business "dream-come-true" for advertising agencies.

thefabfive
26th August 2006, 03:57 PM
I don't think anyone will put in alot of effort to promote IDNs until IE7 has been released. There is nothing worse then telling your customers about this great new thing only to find that 90% of them can't access them.

Olney
26th August 2006, 04:22 PM
With this one you really have to think out of the box.
What you want to do is 3 things
1. Make a site that has at least hundreds of pages of content
2. Try to get as many backlinks to it as you can
3. Think of a concept that users keep coming back to the site or new users are always coming to the site.

I think if people can spend on domains they can spend on development. Domain holders just have to think of what they want to do.

Rubber Duck
26th August 2006, 04:26 PM
I don't think anyone will put in alot of effort to promote IDNs until IE7 has been released. There is nothing worse then telling your customers about this great new thing only to find that 90% of them can't access them.

I think you are right. I think a lot of big companies have site built that are sitting on Ice waiting for someone to throw the switch. That order will come shortly after the release of IE 7. I think there will be more 301 directs than the Mongul Hords could shake a stick at.