PDA

View Full Version : General Appeal for Assistance.

Rubber Duck
26th August 2006, 04:21 PM
What I require is something that my translators won't give me. I need highly quality generic keywords in Japanese Kanji or Kana that you would start to input using the following characters. Any contributions gratefully received.

Olney
26th August 2006, 04:29 PM
As a pal I'll try to work on some for you over the weekend.
The problem will be seeing if they convert to clicks.
If you click the individual domain till you get the screen in ND that has all 6 regions that you can edit at the same time it may have terms that people are searching for at the bottom.
This might help if they are already searching for those terms then it should convert to clicks.
Use what you got, to get what you want...

Rubber Duck
26th August 2006, 04:33 PM
As a pal I'll try to work on some for you over the weekend.
The problem will be seeing if they convert to clicks.
If you click the individual domain till you get the screen in ND that has all 6 regions that you can edit at the same time it may have terms that people are searching for at the bottom.
This might help if they are already searching for those terms then it should convert to clicks.
Use what you got, to get what you want...

We are not thinking ND here. What we are looking at is 48 websites each linked with each other, but each one needs a topic, each topic should be a high profile, big money keyword.

alpha
26th August 2006, 07:25 PM
have you tried google suggest in Japanese?

http://www.google.co.jp/webhp?complete=1&hl=ja

type at least one char and it returns high search result keywords with the results next to them.

this may help...

Rubber Duck
27th August 2006, 08:04 AM
have you tried google suggest in Japanese?

http://www.google.co.jp/webhp?complete=1&hl=ja

type at least one char and it returns high search result keywords with the results next to them.

this may help...

Thanks. Good Idea. Not quite like banging in ABC though unfortunately. What I am trying to do is also a bit more complicated by I have found a Kanji/Hirigana transliteration tool.

touchring
27th August 2006, 08:11 AM
We are not thinking ND here. What we are looking at is 48 websites each linked with each other, but each one needs a topic, each topic should be a high profile, big money keyword.

Ummm, link farming?

Rubber Duck
27th August 2006, 08:15 AM
Ummm, link farming?

Well yes and no.

touchring
27th August 2006, 08:20 AM
About link farming, try and create the links a little at a time, there are rumors that Google is treating sudden increases in links as "link farming", which is a prohibited practice.

I suspect Google runs several algos on their database at different times, and some of them - the more CPU intensive ones - only once in a blue moon, so initially, SERP seems to increase, and then all of a sudden, whamm...

Rubber Duck
27th August 2006, 08:43 AM
About link farming, try and create the links a little at a time, there are rumors that Google is treating sudden increases in links as "link farming", which is a prohibited practice.

I suspect Google runs several algos on their database at different times, and some of them - the more CPU intensive ones - only once in a blue moon, so initially, SERP seems to increase, and then all of a sudden, whamm...

All well designed website have numerous links between the web pages. There is nothing bizarre or unusual about that. Most website use subdirectories for the individual pages. Some website use separate domains for each page. Whilst this this is less common, it is not a maliceous practice and should not therefore be penalised. Like everyone else, I have no detailed knowledge of how Google works. All I know is a Search Engine is simply a very large database, which is indexed on certain keywords. If a search is made on a certain keyword the information is presented in the order of that indexation. Simply put each site has a score for each keyword which determines its SERP. These scores vary with time as information on the database is updated. Personally, I think it is possible that Spiders record actual IP addresses and the Algorithms may go to work on these. I think it is highly unlikely that Google actually whoises all the domains, it comes across. It would indeed have no information relating to subdomains or subdirectories, or indeed many ccTLDs. Subdomaining is used extensively by ISPs to give Newbies their own webspace. Google could not possibly try to find out who is responsible for all this content in the way that some are trying to suggest. I understand people wishing to be cautious, but lets not get paranoid.

touchring
28th August 2006, 04:54 AM
I understand people wishing to be cautious, but lets not get paranoid.

Caution since domains are at risk. I'm no expert in SEO, but i've done some white hat SEO for about 4-5 years, so i can share a little bit of experience.

Google's algo as they described is a "human algo" - it is almost as smart as a human eye and can identify unnatural linking. Like a human eye, it doesn't impose "death penalty" on a domain just because its website has a few links to a few related websites, but it can identify large scale link farming each time they run their "judgement day" algo - once or twice a year?? Olney might explain better white hat SEO techniques, an SEO consultant himself.

Opps, my 3000th post. :p

Drewbert
28th August 2006, 06:01 PM
I understand people wishing to be cautious, but lets not get paranoid.

Wait until your entire portfolio is blacklisted by Google.

Then you'll get paranoid.

Rubber Duck
28th August 2006, 06:23 PM
Wait until your entire portfolio is blacklisted by Google.

Then you'll get paranoid.

So are you actually suggesting that Google carries Whois information on every domain in the World. I would have thought that was just about impossible. Do they actually have the right to find out details relating to Private Whois etc. If they do then that surely is breach of individuals Human Rights. Whilst, we all are very keen to get onto Google, in a way it is presumptious of them to assume that is the case for all domains. It is perfectly possible for example to own a domain for emailing purposes, without ever intending to use it for a website. Frankly, its shit like this that make me think we would be far better off with the UN running the Internet. It seems that outcome of US Democracy is for a Government to be installed to do the bidding of large US Corporates. Before they start preaching to the rest of the World about democracy and human rights, it about time they started tidying up their own backyards.

Drewbert
28th August 2006, 06:26 PM
They're an ICANN registrar so they have access to full WHOIS data in order to ascertain if transfer requests are accurate. Cough hack.

And they don't just use WHOIS data, they look at NS data as well.

Rubber Duck
28th August 2006, 06:31 PM
They're an ICANN registrar so they have access to full WHOIS data in order to ascertain if transfer requests are accurate. Cough hack.

And they don't just use WHOIS data, they look at NS data as well.

Well it about time the US had something equivalent to the Data Protection Act.

Drewbert
28th August 2006, 06:49 PM
They probably do.

But law evasion is becoming quite common there, with the top position in the land setting the precedent.

Rubber Duck
28th August 2006, 06:54 PM
They probably do.

But law evasion is becoming quite common there, with the top position in the land setting the precedent.

Well, that is not strictly true, as it would seem he gets his remits directly from GOD. Although, it could just be the Crack.

Drewbert
28th August 2006, 07:40 PM
Apparently, according to Katherine Harris, God chooses the President, not the voters.

I guess that makes blow jobs with interns OK?

Alright!