PDA

View Full Version : 大和不動産.com (Daiwa Real Estate)

ca191s
28th August 2006, 01:42 PM
大和不動産.com (Daiwa Real Estate) - xn--ihQ79IurBzwIsp6B.com - JP

NO Reserve

registered more years! at 2003 years

After expired deletion, I catch it!

Auction ends 24 hours after last bid.

Bid start $200.

Bid increment $50.

ENOM / PUSH

PAYPAL

CB1000SF@GMAIL.COM

rhys
28th August 2006, 06:18 PM
Company website click here: Daiwa Real Estate (http://www.daiwa-f.net/)

bwhhisc
28th August 2006, 07:16 PM
I think the website is for Daiwa Realty Company.

I think city + real estate is generic. Among forum members we have hundreds of websites combining city + service. Most likely there will be companies with the exact name, not just "close" like above example. I am sure you are going to run into the "Tokyo Hotel" so what happens to that idn? Or "Kyoto Dispatch", seem a sure bet that company exists too. I look forward to hearing other opinions.

MOD- move this discussion to another thread if you wish.

thegenius1
28th August 2006, 07:25 PM

I think city + real estate is generic. Other opinions?

Yes city + real estate are definitely generics , and i agree i think this is a city
Also this domain has 29 companies bidding on the keyword, they would not be bidding if it was the name of a company. And the second ovt search has the term city in it 2234 大和 不動産 , 820 大和 市 不動産 ...

Giant
28th August 2006, 09:07 PM

I think city + real estate is generic. Among forum members we have hundreds of websites combining city + service. Most likely there will be companies with the exact name, not just "close" like above example. I am sure you are going to run into the "Tokyo Hotel" so what happens to that idn? Or "Kyoto Dispatch", seem a sure bet that company exists too. I look forward to hearing other opinions.

MOD- move this discussion to another thread if you wish.

Yes, I guess this one is NOT TM.

Remember Drewbert bought "Shanghai Hotel" 上海宾馆.com here a few months ago? 上海宾馆 is a very famous hotel in China, you can even find one in Shenzhen in a prime location in the city. If you find someone in Shenzhen that doesn't know where 上海宾馆 is, that person must have come from Mars.

上海宾馆.cn was owned by someone other than the hotel itself, so I think 上海宾馆 is not a TM either. If we insist 上海宾馆 is entitled to own 上海宾馆.com or 上海宾馆.cn even they were so lazy not register it first, we are really making Drewbert shaking :)

rhys
28th August 2006, 09:37 PM
I know this may blow some minds but Daiwa is clearly the name of a real estate company and it is not the name of a town. It's just that I don't think there is a city called "Daiwa" which is what is being advertised here. When I hear Daiwa, I associate that with the name of a company, not an existing city.

What you guys are thinking of is 大和市(やまとし) (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A4%A7%E5%92%8C%E5%B8%82) pronounced "Yamato" city in Kanagawa, it is not pronounced "Daiwa". So I would rename this domain, Yamato Real Estate if you want it to be generic - otherwise - Daiwa Real Estate is a company established name.

Giant
28th August 2006, 11:04 PM
rhys knows this better, this domain should be translated "Yamato Real Estate".

Since I mentioned 上海宾馆, I want to offer a bit opinion on the domain.

Base on China's business laws, 上海宾馆 is registered in Shenzhen, you can use the same name in other cities.

For domain names, China gives domain owners more favorable rights compare to other countries. If a company fails to dispute the legality of a domain name similar to its own TM in 2 years, it will not allowed to file a complain anymore after 2 years.

上海宾馆.com is very generic and safe in my opinion.

Neptune
6th September 2006, 02:15 AM
Giant- any idea if the other shanghai hotel (上海酒店) is safe as well. It is currently in an auction which is why i ask.

MOD- move into another area if necessary

seamo
6th September 2006, 02:19 AM
大和市 is definately Yamato...I own the .com :)

touchring
6th September 2006, 04:00 AM
Is there a difference in pronunciation between 大和 不動産 and 大和 市 不動産?

Daiwa Real Estate Versus Yamato City Real Estate.

This is really something new! Same Kanji, different sounding.

Giant
6th September 2006, 04:02 AM
Giant- any idea if the other shanghai hotel (上海酒店) is safe as well. It is currently in an auction which is why i ask.

MOD- move into another area if necessary

上海酒店.com is generic and safe, there's no any hotel with this name (as I know).

Difference between 宾馆 and 酒店:

宾馆 is more precisely "guess house". This name is particularly popular from 1949 - 2000 in China because the Chinese government used these 宾馆 to receive and entertain party members and visitors.

酒店 is the true name for "hotel". This name will be more popular because it's a tourist term.

酒店 is the term used in Hong Kong and overseas for "hotel", NOT 宾馆. If you enquire about "香港宾馆" in HK, you are telling people you are from mainland China.

rhys
6th September 2006, 04:13 AM
Is there a difference in pronunciation between 大和 不動産 and 大和 市 不動産?

Daiwa Real Estate Versus Yamato City Real Estate.

This is really something new! Same Kanji, different sounding.

Actually, the exact same kanji have 2 completely different pronunciations so 大和 不動産 is both "Daiwa Real Estate" and "Yamato Real Estate" as 大和 市 不動産 is "Daiwa-city Real Estate (no such thing)" and "Yamato-city Real Estate". Every now and then we have kanji that have 2 different pronunciations like this.

seamo
6th September 2006, 04:16 AM
This city is so special it actually has another pronunciation - 'Large Waiti' ;)

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A4%A7%E5%92%8C%E5%B8%82

Stick 大和市 into Google and the results bring up Yamato.

大和市ホームページ - [ Translate this page ]大和市市章 大 和 市, 大和市の紹介(市役所へのアクセス、開庁時間、統計データなど) ... 〒242-8601 神奈川県大和市下鶴間一丁目1番1号 TEL:046-263-1111(代) ...
www.city.yamato.kanagawa.jp/ - 18k - 4 Sep 2006 - Cached - Similar pages

Giant
6th September 2006, 04:27 AM
Well, it won't make much difference now, because 大和不動産.com is available for registration. Take it now if you want :)

rhys
6th September 2006, 04:30 AM
You mean YamatoRealEstate.com? I left the .net

thegenius1
6th September 2006, 04:33 AM

Arrrgh you must have beat me by a mila second , photo finish :p

Giant
6th September 2006, 04:34 AM

Congrats!

ca191s
6th September 2006, 08:08 AM
It is already deleted by me!

rhys
6th September 2006, 02:51 PM
It is already deleted by me!

Thanks ca191s

TrafficDomainer
6th September 2006, 03:48 PM
Any traffic/Revenue Stats ?

大和不動産.com (Daiwa Real Estate) - xn--ihQ79IurBzwIsp6B.com - JP

NO Reserve

registered more years! at 2003 years

After expired deletion, I catch it!

Auction ends 24 hours after last bid.

Bid start $200.

Bid increment $50.

ENOM / PUSH

PAYPAL

CB1000SF@GMAIL.COM

touchring
7th September 2006, 01:15 PM
Any traffic/Revenue Stats ?

He already deleted the name. :(

ekal
7th September 2006, 03:41 PM
Yamato is by far the more famous pronunciation - its a name that was used to mean Japan for 100s of years.

TrafficDomainer
7th September 2006, 04:32 PM
He already deleted the name. :(

Sorry about that. From whois it appears the name was sold though with the reg date still sometimes in June of this year.