PDA

View Full Version : IDN cc.com sells for $3,827.77 EBAY

bwhhisc
28th January 2006, 11:00 PM
EBAY Auction News...JUST SOLD MINUTES AGO- $ 3,827.77
Check this out- 778 PEOPLE VISITED THIS AUCTION!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5856413058&fromMakeTrack=true

Domain Name: cc.com
IDN Name: xn--c-6tb.com (сc.com)
Domain Registrar : DomainSite.com
Domain Expires : 2007-01-20 12:47:16
SOLD FOR $3,827.77

TEXT OF SALE: You are bidding on an amazing 2 letter IDN domain name. This name receives traffic daily, and is very brandable. This name is short, simple to remember, and can be used in any marketplace. Below is the Swift appraisal for the name for $7,000 - $10,000. You can setup a free domainsite account if you do not have one for the transfer. Remember this is an IDN name, when international users type in cc.com this is where they land at this IDN domain. Good traffic. END QUOTE

sarcle
28th January 2006, 11:01 PM
I think someone got taken for a ride.

EBAY Auction News...JUST SOLD MINUTES AGO- $ 3,827.77
Check this out- 778 PEOPLE VISITED THIS AUCTION!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5856413058&fromMakeTrack=true

Domain Name: cc.com
IDN Name: xn--c-6tb.com (сc.com)
Domain Registrar : DomainSite.com
Domain Expires : 2007-01-20 12:47:16
SOLD FOR $3,827.77

TEXT OF SALE: You are bidding on an amazing 2 letter IDN domain name. This name receives traffic daily, and is very brandable. This name is short, simple to remember, and can be used in any marketplace. Below is the Swift appraisal for the name for $7,000 - $10,000. You can setup a free domainsite account if you do not have one for the transfer.

Remember this is an IDN name, when international users type in cc.com this is where they land at this IDN domain. Good traffic.

bwhhisc
28th January 2006, 11:17 PM
I think someone got taken for a ride.

I am just reporting the news.... Let the buyer beware! But it points up the fact that IDNs are getting more attention. I think there were 27 bids, coming from 10 different individuals.

And I didn't say they got a deal, things are worth what people will pay for them. We submitted this sale to DNJournal... it should be an interesting week for IDNers.

IDNCowboy
28th January 2006, 11:34 PM
I am just reporting the news.... Let the buyer beware! But it points up the fact that IDNs are getting more attention. I think there were 27 bids, coming from 10 different individuals.

And I didn't say they got a deal, things are worth what people will pay for them. That buyer is probably overjoyed right now...certainly was a dogfight with bidding up to the last 5 seconds.

When this hits DNJournal it should be an interesting week for IDNers.
Well in most cases i'd say a scam but it did say in multiple places IDN and the xn--numbers

sarcle
28th January 2006, 11:39 PM
Yes, of course. I'm sure the buyer was fully aware of the situation and what they were bidding on and it was a good sale. There was many places of indication that this was in fact an idn and not just a regular double letter.

Thanks for the news.

And I didn't say they got a deal, things are worth what people will pay for them. That buyer is probably overjoyed right now...certainly was a dogfight with bidding up to the last 5 seconds.

When this hits DNJournal it should be an interesting week for IDNers.

bwhhisc
28th January 2006, 11:43 PM
Who is Swift Appraisal...they might get some unwanted publicity in the week to come. Lucy!! you got some splainin' to do!

IDNCowboy
28th January 2006, 11:46 PM
"good traffic" LOL.... right ;-)

touchring
30th January 2006, 04:35 PM
"when international users type in cc.com this is where they land at this IDN domain. Good traffic" -->

This is what legal people call a 'misrepresentation'. The buyer can request to revoke the sale.

Rubber Duck
30th January 2006, 04:44 PM
"when international users type in cc.com this is where they land at this IDN domain. Good traffic" -->

This is what legal people call a 'misrepresentation'. The buyer can request to revoke the sale.

Well, I don't suppose anyone told them.

They will certainly understand the meaning of "Homographic Attack" after this one!

Dave

bwhhisc
30th January 2006, 04:50 PM
Seller speaks with "forked tongue". If international users type .cc in English they will get there. But not in any other languages as I believe he was implying. Buyer beware! She could have bought 500 plus IDN's at reg fee with this same money!

touchring
30th January 2006, 04:51 PM
All of us will be jeopardized by this act. This isn't laughing matter.

Rubber Duck
30th January 2006, 04:55 PM

Well Ebay is synonmous with Scam. I lost £1,200 on there in the early days!

Dave

sarcle
30th January 2006, 05:07 PM

Your right this isn't a laughing matter, but people are scammed all the time. I don't see how this will stop users in Japan from typing in their own language. This is nothing more than an everyday, run of the mill, scam. It won't affect in the least bit idns. Just unfortunate for the buyer.

gammascalper
30th January 2006, 05:32 PM

In understand you concern.

I think IDNForum members will be quick to call somebody out trying to misrepresent a domain in the for sale forum. We have enough native speakers in the major languages to be confident in appraisals.

This is shaping up to be the safest place to buy and sell IDN.

Rubber Duck
30th January 2006, 05:36 PM
In understand you concern.

I think IDNForum members will be quick to call somebody out trying to misrepresent a domain in the for sale forum. We have enough native speakers in the major languages to be confident in appraisals.

This is shaping up to be the safest place to buy and sell IDN.

Yes, I don't think the scammer would have latest 10 seconds on here, but I don't feel under any obligation to police Ebay!

Dave

bwhhisc
31st January 2006, 12:20 AM
Quote: This is what legal people call a 'misrepresentation'. The buyer can request to revoke the sale.[/QUOTE]

It will be tough. Once the money changes hands it will be tough to do anything that won't cost more in legal fees than the amount spent. The seller was "crafty" in his wording. EBAY is notorious for not helping people that have been shafted. We are trying to get them to help us with a website we purchased that was completely "plagerised" from another site....we didn't find out til 70 days after the sale and they invoked the "60 day rule" and refuse to assist. NO flexibility.

Touchring is right, this is bad for IDN's, but hopefully something good will come from this.....I am just as p.o.'d at "Swift Appraisal" for putting the $7000 to $10,000 appraisal on this IDN to back up the seller. They should be called on this!

MY GOOD DEED FOR THE DAY: I sent a short note to those EBAYers that bid (but did not win), and let them know that free appraisals and information is available at IDNForums.com. Since they are interested in IDNs hopefully they will be able to get good information for evaluating future purchaes.

MY WISH- That this buyer is smarter than ALL of us and kicks butt with this domain....