PDA

View Full Version : namedrive clunky?

rhys
31st August 2006, 10:42 AM
Anyone else noticing that namedrive is having trouble loading this morning?

seamo
31st August 2006, 10:45 AM
Yep...

Rubber Duck
31st August 2006, 10:57 AM
I guess they are in the process of implementing the changes that have been promsied for beginning September.

seamo
31st August 2006, 11:10 AM
I guess they are in the process of implementing the changes that have been promsied for beginning September.
Can you recap what they were RD?

Rubber Duck
31st August 2006, 11:14 AM
Olney will know better, but I believe the main change is that instead of the Spiders picking up Geotargeted version of website they would get forced language. This is important as all the Spiders are US based. In order to get Japanese Ads indexed, we have had to use a Banker in the keywords so that you always get at least one advert in Japanese displayed in the US. I have been systematically using the Kanji for Tokyo, but even that only get one ad I think.

mulligan
31st August 2006, 11:51 AM
ND is loading but thats about it. Very slow.

bwhhisc
31st August 2006, 12:07 PM
After 2 days of sporadic problems, either the site not coming up or "paypal function disabled", seems to be running OK this morning and allowing registrations.

alpha
31st August 2006, 12:09 PM
After 2 days of sporadic problems, either the site not coming up or "paypal function disabled", seems to be running OK this morning and allowing registrations.

did you mean this for the DS issues thread?

NameDriver
31st August 2006, 07:30 PM
Hi guys,

I'm afraid one of our servers decided to give up the ghost this morning and the other servers just sat by and watched without offering a hand. We now have two new servers and they're working lightening fast.
We did suffer some downtime and stats have been slow in updating today, but we will retrospectively make sure that the data for today is no lower than the data for Wednesday. Wednesday typically being higher than Thursday means you should earn a little more than would have been the case.

On another note, as of tomorrow, your much-asked-for comments box will be live. This will be in the Domain Settings area and will allow you to add any comments for individual domains which will show up in any folder overview. This should help keeping tag of your IDNs a little easier. As I mentioned to Alpha Male, it is also the first step towards the Geo-locking function for IDNs to improve search engine performance.

Sorry for the downtime today, we will make sure you don't lose out on any earnings and I hope it's at least somewhat softened by the arrival of fun new tools.

I'm not sure I know anything about the PayPal downtime. If that is something to do with us, please PM me and I'll look into it.

Ed

thefabfive
31st August 2006, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the update, Ed.

The comment tag will be very helpful.

Rubber Duck
31st August 2006, 08:16 PM
I like these guys. Although, we do need to keep those parking pages loading as things are starting to look interesting.

alex
31st August 2006, 08:42 PM
Thanks for keeping us informed. I'm glad to hear you're making progress on the Geo-locking feature.

touchring
1st September 2006, 03:38 PM
Sorry for the downtime today, we will make sure you don't lose out on any earnings and I hope it's at least somewhat softened by the arrival of fun new tools.
Ed

Sorry, i was hoping to yesterday's traffic sort of resembling the day before, but it's still down by 40%.

Rubber Duck
1st September 2006, 03:42 PM
Sorry, i was hoping to yesterday's traffic sort of resembling the day before, but it's still down by 40%.

Well, as ND don't know what your earning are for 48 hrs they can hardly make up the difference within that time scale.

touchring
1st September 2006, 04:28 PM
Well, as ND don't know what your earning are for 48 hrs they can hardly make up the difference within that time scale.

Ic, thanks, didn't notice how they made up for it previously. But current stats are definitely way down as of now.

Drewbert
2nd September 2006, 03:19 AM
Hi guys,

On another note, as of tomorrow, your much-asked-for comments box will be live. This will be in the Domain Settings area and will allow you to add any comments for individual domains which will show up in any folder overview. This should help keeping tag of your IDNs a little easier.

Ed

Thanks Ed, a great feature.

Now, to really put the icing on the cake, could you make it so we can enter the comments easily when we load up the domains (like when the list of names we've loaded comes up with the ability to enter a keyword beside them - if the comments boxes appears beside the keywords boxes in that screen, we're sweet.

Otherwise, we have to hunt down the name AFTER we've loaded it to add the comment and when you're in a folder with hundreds of names in it, that can be a PITA.

Thanks!