PDA

View Full Version : teléfonomóviles.com

burnsinternet
1st September 2006, 11:00 PM
Yes, I know. But it is not that bad for a Spanish IDN. And it gets better stats than you'd think.

Translation aside, search Google with teléfonomóviles.com (not in quotes) and it shows a page from the old site (before parking) and the new parking page. I started parking this IDN in May or June after no visits to the site.

Question: Should I put the site back up now that Google sees it or should I just leave it parked?

Drewbert
1st September 2006, 11:29 PM
Ask JC how well the REAL domain does :)

burnsinternet
1st September 2006, 11:40 PM
Hmmm.... You just had to say it! Did I mention "Yes, I know."??

It was a my typo when I regged it last year. I was so shocked that it was open, I paid immediately and then noticed the error when I got the receipt.

:eek:

Oh, well. Now that you have had your fun, Drewbert, help me out here.

Parked or site?

Also, Ovt Spain with accents returns 21789 for telefono moviles, so it ain't that bad.

huronargentino
1st September 2006, 11:50 PM
Its not accurate
because teléfono its in singular
and móviles its in plural.

burnsinternet
1st September 2006, 11:53 PM
Oh my gosh!!! Did I mention "Yes, I know." from the very beginning???

The typo is obvious!

Drewbert
1st September 2006, 11:57 PM
How much traffic does it get?

burnsinternet
2nd September 2006, 12:05 AM
Not much compared to ASCII or Cyrillic. However, I don't get much traffic to my Latin IDNs, anyway. I got in too late to get the top Spanish/French/Portuguese IDNs.com.

The $/click is good, though.

I thought the typo (missing 's') wouldn't be a big deal for the site. I eventually took the site down because of the typo, but now I wonder if I should put it back up.

What is the general consensus on this? Are typos generally better as parking pages?

Drewbert
2nd September 2006, 03:05 AM
I wouldn't call it a typo, as such. I'd call it a grammatical error.

I think developing it for bait for spiders would be the way to go, as they will see the keywords in the domain anyway.

Just don't put the error on the page anywhere - have "teléfonos móviles" and "teléfono móvil" throughout.

burnsinternet
2nd September 2006, 03:13 AM
OK Thanks

So that means site, not parked for typos in general, right?

I call it a typo because it was my typo.

Drewbert
2nd September 2006, 03:21 AM
Yeah, I think developed is the way to go with that one.

And I know how you feel, you register, thinking you've really hit the jackpot, and your balloon gets deflated later on. :(

burnsinternet
2nd September 2006, 04:05 AM
That was a simple typing mistake, but it could have been worse.

I had a worse one with 日本中心.com & net! I have no idea why I regged them and still don't remember why. I was in a Japanese IDN regging frenzy and Chinese characters were killing me (already regged but available). Somehow - woosh - another $14 accident!

jose
2nd September 2006, 05:39 AM
edited. You just can't say anything these days.

burnsinternet
2nd September 2006, 05:46 AM
I was going to say that. Most of the times you just can't mix plural with singular in latin.... sorry.

Really?? <insert sarcastic comment here>

Read the thread. Please!