PDA

View Full Version : Can/Will History Repeat?

12th September 2006, 04:00 PM
An article from DNJ

Early domain pioneers were visionaries who recognized domain names as the real estate of the Internet. They ignored ridicule and assembled portfolios that eventually became worth more than even they could have imagined. These “Lone Rangers” built a business that remained off everyone else's radar for over a decade.

tee1
12th September 2006, 04:44 PM
Can you post a link to the article, sounds like an interesting article
Thanks
Tim

12th September 2006, 04:49 PM
http://dnjournal.com/cover/2006/september.htm
Enjoy :)

tee1
12th September 2006, 05:01 PM
thanks, I should have looked at the front page, sorry. I am somewhat surprised that it was a current story. I like the point about subdomains,

" with the creation of sub-domains or sub-pages, we have the opportunity to create additional valuable inventory at very little incremental cost. In other words, if we didn’t purchase another domain, we would have the opportunity to continue to grow our business by making our existing Web sites deeper (multi-page Web sites), "

may cause some us to hang on to those grammatically incorrect russian domains, waiting and hoping. LOL.
Tim

thegenius1
12th September 2006, 05:03 PM
Can/Will History Repeat?

Hell yeah ! Only because of IDN's :)

In closing, Christothoulou noted “The industry is still very young. As is often the case with any early market, its participants need to not only focus on successfully running their business, but also on educating third parties, including the press and Wall Street. It is important that we all continue to work diligently and explain this marketplace in a manner that highlights the benefits we provide in the context of the search ecosystem.”