PDA

View Full Version : NameDrive Revenue down a bit but

Olney
13th September 2006, 03:21 PM
I started noticing that I have more than half the amount of Clicks this month than the whole last month but the revenue seems to be down a bit.

Late August it seems like NameDrive changed something to allow more ads to be shown shown worldwide. Before I could have keywords together with no space & get better in country click rates.

I think it might be a give & take we got more worldwide ads but those who have optimized their parking pages with 2 word keywords might have to go through & reoptimize if you feel that your average click price has gone down.

rhys
13th September 2006, 03:56 PM
I started noticing that I have more than half the amount of Clicks this month than the whole last month but the revenue seems to be down a bit.

Late August it seems like NameDrive changed something to allow more ads to be shown shown worldwide. Before I could have keywords together with no space & get better in country click rates.

I think it might be a give & take we got more worldwide ads but those who have optimized their parking pages with 2 word keywords might have to go through & reoptimize if you feel that your average click price has gone down.

I have noticed this as well. My average PPC is .10 cents this month vs .30 cents last month for my Japanese domains.

I'm not sure I follow the logic Olney? Why would a single keyword vs 2 word keywords result in lower value clicks?

Olney
13th September 2006, 04:21 PM
If you used a one word keyword, there should be no change (maybe).
If you used 2 or 3 keywords there might have been a change.
There's only one way to input a keyword for a one word
keyword

If you have two or three keywords it could be:

region,hotel
region, hotel
region hotel
region hotel (doublebyte space for Arabic, Indo, Japanese, Chinese, etc.)
region、hotel(doublebyte comma for Arabic, Indo, Japanese, Chinese, etc.)
regionhotel

I actually look to see what ads are appearing & that changed a bit.
I remember what types where showing up for some domains but not all.

It takes time playing around to see which combo produces ads that you think are high paying.
I usually like to put the same keywords in Google.EXT to see if the similar ads show up.
It takes time but it's the difference between .10 a click & $1 a click.

You don't even have to read all the text usually the URL of the ads will do.

I haven't reoptimized yet but this is basicly how I thought about it before for testing.

rhys
13th September 2006, 04:52 PM
I regularly look at the ads too and optimize so I don't think that is it in my case. In my case, my adult traffic has picked up and the PPC rates there seem to suck big time.

burnsinternet
13th September 2006, 08:53 PM
I regularly look at the ads too and optimize so I don't think that is it in my case. In my case, my adult traffic has picked up and the PPC rates there seem to suck big time.

Yes, adult ads are not big $$ clicks, but they kept my portfolio profitable during the months that others were getting next to nothing. Higher volume, lower $/click, but the volume is only getting better.

alex
14th September 2006, 05:56 AM

Wow, no wonder I had a huge drop off last month. :mad:

I've been looking through all my hand-keyworded sites and nearly all of them are turning up NO ADS and defaulting to the portal display. These sites were previously all showing multiple ads.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I would've appreciated some official notice from ND though.